Inconsistent hit markers

RelativeMadness
6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I throw nades at people and they blow up, but I get no kills or even hitmarkers. Sometimes these players scatter, other times they just sit there. I watch the nades blow up in their face or at their feet and wonder why they are still alive. Then they kill me fast.

I take careful aim, zero my sights if using a sniper rifle, and wait for opportune moments to shoot enemies and my bullets go through them. Then they get up and run away and take cover, other times I keep shooting them, my bullets going through their face, then they turn towards me, and kill me in one shot. :'(

Lastly, I use sweeper gun as medic class and spam bullets at enemy at point blank, and I get no hitmarkers. Then I die.

Is there a reason for this? I look at average latency of player by pressing tab, and their connection is good, or very similar to mine. This has happened on servers where I have had 28-35 ping, or 90-110 ping.

Please help, I feel like devs are laughing by secretly adding coding that gives random players at random times dummy explosives or dummy rounds lol.

Emptied 21 round clip at a player who was prone and within 10 feet and I got zero hits, then he one shots me.

Is there a way to combat this?

Comments

• TomBabmo
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 2017
    Hip firing generally sucks because aim reticle doesn't seem to show the actual spread of bullets and in reality bullets spread all around the scenery. Best noticed with medic rifles and pistols where reticles can appear small enough so that I should get hits, but no, noooooo.
  • DutchMaj-General
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    This started 6 months ago for me and now 6 months later the problems are still there. In allot of situations like when the enemy is flat on the ground, or in a trench or hole in the ground i'm unable to hit the person...Even a game like Delta Force 2 from 1999 had a better hit-registration then all of the future games.
  • Sechnaill
    992 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The Delta Force games were awesome.
  • emerson1975
    613 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Turn on the in game net graph it should give you some idea as to what's going on
  • GOA-Johnny-BK-
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have the same problem here. It's weird cause most my games are like this then out of the blue my next game bullets start to register again. I can watch bullets go right through the player like they weren't even there.
    My internet is pretty much junk. 10 down and 700k up so ya. Funny thing is my kids Xboxes play fine and streaming hd is good but BF1 is just ridiculous on hit reg. I also tried different number server's with zero effect.
    I don't get it why some players are really effected by this and others not at all.
  • Decikraytor_6
    319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Only in certain games do i experience and you think medic and sidearma are bad (the sidearms are pretty bad when this happens) when your using supportt its the absolute worst because you have to get at minimum 5 hit markers so if every 5th or every 10th bullet is hitting you prettu much lose every gunfight
  • ROTCrazytrain1
    524 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, CTE Member
    i threw a nade the other day there was like 10 people standing so close it was crazy.and not one **** kill
  • ROTCrazytrain1
    524 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, CTE Member
    when i shoot the i think its the medic sweeper gun i dont know,but when the bullets come out one goes left then one goes right and back and forth,wth is up with that
  • wopitupem
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    This also happens to me on a regular basis, Just played a big map and had zero hits on enemy at long range even though they were deffo in my sights using Martini Henry and Russioan 1895, how can this be . it is gonna make me quit the game. I watch you tube vids of guys seeing, aiming and one shotting at the speed of light. I have a very good rig an ASUS PG278 monitor running at 165hrz and a Corsair K70 lux rgb keyboard, combined with a Logitech G502 mouse. Why does this happen? Any solution out there?
  • VESPA5
    784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    Considering that most of the matches I've played in will involve 2-3 "triple digit pingers", inconsistent hit detection, rubber banding, and getting "killed while you're in cover" happens a lot in BF1 (at least for me). Usually if I get desperate enough for kills, I'll switch to the Noobamatico and empty what appears to be an entire clip into someone's head and nothing happens. And this is odd because the Automatico is so OP at close range that the second you see the enemy and fire, that enemy is as good as dead. Latency and lag will give the illusion that your enemy is in front of you when realistically, you're actually firing into thin air and the dude has moved a few steps ahead already.
  • woll3
    677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    when i shoot the i think its the medic sweeper gun i dont know,but when the bullets come out one goes left then one goes right and back and forth,wth is up with that

Spread Increase is up with that, use the Factory version instead.
    Is there a way to combat this?

WIthout a video or net graph screenshot the standard answer is git gud.

• emerson1975
    613 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Be
    VESPA5 wrote: »
    Considering that most of the matches I've played in will involve 2-3 "triple digit pingers", inconsistent hit detection, rubber banding, and getting "killed while you're in cover" happens a lot in BF1 (at least for me). Usually if I get desperate enough for kills, I'll switch to the Noobamatico and empty what appears to be an entire clip into someone's head and nothing happens. And this is odd because the Automatico is so OP at close range that the second you see the enemy and fire, that enemy is as good as dead. Latency and lag will give the illusion that your enemy is in front of you when realistically, you're actually firing into thin air and the dude has moved a few steps ahead already.

Yep been seeing lots of 150 to 200ms players on EU server's.
  • king1umpy
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i get this all the time especially when playing against higher pings which really sucks as you shoot first empty the clip into them and they still turn and kill you in a couple of shots