Spawns are terrible

Cactus757
47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I can't tell you how many times I've spawned and died within 1-2 seconds. I've seen enemies spawn right in front of me and behind me. This happens even spawning on a flag. There is no way to tell if it's safe to spawn on a teammate. BF4 didn't have these spawning issues. I don't know what's worse, the spawns or the netcode.

Comments

• Xooloji
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Then there's the other side of the coin where I've spawned on squad mates who are being attacked and I get a free kill to some unsuspecting enemy. That player may have been on a great kill streak and this is how it ends?!

At least you might be able to get a few rounds into infantry. But for me, it's worse spawning in front of enemy tanks / artillery truck / (and the damn near invincible) cavalry unit.
  • keeohtay
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have the same problem most games, quite a few times it's immediate on spawning. Other spawning issues I have is spawning facing the wrong direction (YES!! I want to attack my own team's bases -sarcasm) and with the enemy at my 3, 6, and 9. Needless to say I die before I can face the right direction for attack. There is spawning in the open fields wth no cover - easy kill.
    I would love to have some kind of choice for spawning also not having my gun reset to single shot would be awesome.
    How come I never get where someone spawns in front of me for an easy kill? Oh well
  • DCFC79
    387 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah this is annoying.
  • SixTouge
    283 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I feel like this is a problem particularly on the new maps. My feeling is the less linear the map, the tougher it is to avoid this kind of thing because danger can come from any direction. (Versus maps like Suez, Argonne which you can generally have safety on one side or the other assuming you hold 2 or more objectives)

It's tough to nail down a real fix, you can't have overly predictable and repeating spawn points because players could farm a spot all game. The real X factor is spawning on squad mates and the ability to communicate with them.

Also, to say it wasn't an issue in bf4 is untrue in my opinion. It happened in 4 as well, to me probably about the same rate.
  • Apocalypse4805
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah, and since the DLC there seems to be a huge slant to one side or the other in flag matches. constantly I will spawn myself on our Flag spawn and be shot by the other team within seconds because they are so deep into our side of the line. It sucks for the game overall, and is really not fun if you are on the team being dominated. Plus, players know the spawn areas now so they camp them. Wish they could create better spawn safe zones when not spawning on a teammate.
  • SixTouge
    283 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2017
    Yeah, and since the DLC there seems to be a huge slant to one side or the other in flag matches. constantly I will spawn myself on our Flag spawn and be shot by the other team within seconds because they are so deep into our side of the line. It sucks for the game overall, and is really not fun if you are on the team being dominated. Plus, players know the spawn areas now so they camp them. Wish they could create better spawn safe zones when not spawning on a teammate.

I haven't run into that issue with flag spawns yet, but I admittedly rarely flag spawn. I think the game is geared towards squad spawn being the preferred go-to. It fits the team play mold better, and if you have communication with squad mate, it's the best way really.
  • TheRudeJudeTTV
    1750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You don't have to worry about spawns if u dont die :smirk:
  • Apocalypse4805
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    [quote="GrimeySix;772249"

I haven't run into that issue with flag spawns yet, but I admittedly rarely flag spawn. I think the game is geared towards squad spawn being the preferred go-to. It fits the team play mold better, and if you have communication with squad mate, it's the best way really.[/quote]

I prefer to team spawn as well, but when your side is getting dominated or not playing tactfully... team spawning will get you killed instantly. In those cases, flag spawning is the best option.
  • Cactus757
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This was not a problem in BF4. Why are we going backwards? What idiot wanted to change the spawn system to one that's much worse?
  • DCFC79
    387 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited April 2017
    It went in my favour last night, I spawned on a team mate and someone from the opposing team spawned in front of me so I dropped him.
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Spawn on your home base or a squad mate not under fire it's not rocket science.
  • Cactus757

Clueless. I guess the hit detection is spot on for you too.
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cactus757 wrote: »

Not had any issues with it.
  • TarmacOak
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Xooloji wrote: »
    Then there's the other side of the coin where I've spawned on squad mates who are being attacked and I get a free kill to some unsuspecting enemy. That player may have been on a great kill streak and this is how it ends?!

At least you might be able to get a few rounds into infantry. But for me, it's worse spawning in front of enemy tanks / artillery truck / (and the damn near invincible) cavalry unit.

There is always a white knight.
  • TarmacOak
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Then you are not playing the game, white knight.
  • TarmacOak

Thanks capt. obvious!
  • moosehunter1969
    TarmacOak wrote: »

Err yes I am and by picking my spawns intelligently I've had no issues.
  • Xooloji
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This person has been writing the "white knight" comment almost every time he/she responds.

It's luck of the spawn... Good and Bad (:
  • UNEZY88
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My battlefield moments when in the spawn screen you see one of your flags are starting to be captured. When spawning on that flag to defend it the DICE spawn gods place you directly meters behind the unaware enemy trying to capture it. This happens both ways tho an when it does I usually rage an call eveybody a hacker including my dog an my 2 year old son. My wife makes me a vegimite sandwich while I take the kangaroo for walk/jump. Then when my tears stop making the screen to blurry for me to see I continue playing.
  • sbvaughn88
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TarmacOak wrote: »

Err yes I am and by picking my spawns intelligently I've had no issues.

Yeah I just don't believe you....... I try to pick my spawns "intelligently" too, and still get spawn killed often. I rarely spawn on Squad mates unless I am communicating via party, and I check my mini map about every 5 seconds in game to get an idea of where the vehicles are, where the enemy team is advancing, etc. I don't have the twitch reflexes that some of the other younger players have so I am forced to play smarter which is my advantage. All of that to say, it doesn't stop me from getting spawn killed or spawned right behind 3 enemies not looking at me (to be totally fair). Usually its the former not the latter. In fact it happened 3 times in a row while playing Operations on Sinai Desert tonight which is what drew me to read this post in the first place. I find it interesting that someone who has had no issues with spawn killing takes the time to communicate in several posts about getting spawn killed?

Here's what's also interesting to me, a previous quote from you, Moosehunter1969 on a thread I started about why the game felt so scrappy after the DLC launched........

"You can't say your not a very good player with a kd of 2.3. Mines 0.77 I'm not a very good player."

Anyways, We were on the last sector and we only owned the B flag and had our base. Spawned in at the base and got sniped from a building, spawned in at B and they put me between B and C in the middle of the huge wide open area where I was immediately shredded, spawned on B again (because we were trying to hold it and wind the game which we eventually did) and they put me next to the building between B and C where I got insta knifed.......I then spawned on my squad mate who was previously under fire and lived to finish the match. And to say you've had no issues with hit detection either? Which is consequently the largest thread on this forum right now......

So, you tell us in one thread that you have a k/d of 0.77 and that your not a very good player, but in this thread you have no issues with spawns, no issues with hit detection, pick your spawns "intelligently", and tell the rest of us we fall short of your rocket science intellect and game knowledge because we cant intelligently pick where to spawn??
This discussion has been closed.