My Winter Project

RaRaAv1s
83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited April 2017
Wooden_Case.jpg

My very own self-built soild wooden PC case.

For those that care, the darker timber is Walnut, while the lighter is Ash. Temps are fine although a few C's hotter than a metal case. It's slightly larger than mid-tower case, but I was just making sure airflow was decent enough, and the CD/Blu-Ray isn't really needed, but I put it there as a just incase.

Can post further details if anyone is that intrested.

Comments

• Xr_Zharakov-x
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    How long did it take you to make that?
  • RaRaAv1s
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It took about 30 hours to actually make, although a fair bit of time was taken up by actually making things work as I went along. I had a rough idea and a very basic 3d model done in Sketchup, but sometimes that doesn't actually help making things work when you have abit of material in front of you.
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    Ok thats pretty cool.

Only question being, dont the mobo mounts need to be grounded?

Also, id imagine air flow would be an issue
  • RaRaAv1s
    Ok thats pretty cool.

Only question being, dont the mobo mounts need to be grounded?

Also, id imagine air flow would be an issue

Airflow seems fine, only the GPU has hit anything above 50c, and that cooled down pretty quick once, the next "step" of fan speeds kicked in.

I did ALOT of research on the mobo mounts issue, because it seems they should be grounded, however newer PSU's have that built into the main cable that connects to the mobo. Although I decided to mount my mobo to a metal motherboard tray, that metal tray itself is NOT grounded, and just mounted to the rear timber panel.
  • Professor_Memes
    1139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That's awesome man. My dad does a lot of woodworking so I can appreciate the work that must have taken you.
  • Xr_Zharakov-x
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    RaRaAv1s wrote: »
    It took about 30 hours to actually make, although a fair bit of time was taken up by actually making things work as I went along. I had a rough idea and a very basic 3d model done in Sketchup, but sometimes that doesn't actually help making things work when you have abit of material in front of you.

Cool :p
  • guyver786
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    How long did it take you to make that?

Send your email Addy so I can send you the pics
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12816 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @guyver786

Please do not necro threads.
This discussion has been closed.