Battlefield 1 - Top 5 issues or improvements

Comments

• SH1GGLES
    761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2017
    1: PLEASE make the assignment for the new lmg that requires you to destroy 2 planes easier, it should be deal 200 damage or something because its the only wepon in the game i havent unlocked (except the melee puzzles) and i hate seeing it there, ive spent 5 conquest games essentialy doing nothing trying to unlock that stupid wepon, and i cant play a normal game beacuse i hate seeing it on the list

I went to Sinai on Conuest west of G and took down 2 planes in less than 2 minutes. Use a LMG with a lot of rounds in mag/drum. For me it was anti-climactic b/c I think the gun you get from it sucks.

• SH1GGLES
    761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    My two main issues have been around since release.

1. Skins. Completely useless and meaningless. I currently have 35,000+ scraps collecting dust. Instead of getting skins via battlepacks, make them a prestige item specific to the weapon/vehicle. You earn the skins via challenges. The more rare the skin the longer/difficult the challenge takes to get it. If I like a particular weapon or vehicle then I'd work my ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ off to get a skin that represents my affinity and skill with it. Changing the battleback system from RNG to being earned from game play did nothing b/c they still dole out skins that have no value to them.
    2. Everything except skins is tied to XP and that becomes meaningless at max rank. There should be 2 ranks on display, one for XP (which is largely time played in the game) and a second for skill. The skill rank goes up/down based on how well you did compared to team mates. You can get promoted/demoted if you continually play better/worse. XP ranks are worthless, couldn't care less what rank someone is b/c it tells me nothing about them. I'd pay attention to a skill rank though. Also, the DLCs set the cap at 10 ranks at 500K XP for each rank. I saw rank 120s by the 2nd day of the drop. When you hit max rank then service stars, medals, ribbons, game score, and everything else is pointless. I loved going for medals again when the DLC dropped but hit 120 by the 4th day and now I have no interest in them or anything else.
  • Avalanche-swe
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    1: PLEASE make the assignment for the new lmg that requires you to destroy 2 planes easier, it should be deal 200 damage or something because its the only wepon in the game i havent unlocked (except the melee puzzles) and i hate seeing it there, ive spent 5 conquest games essentialy doing nothing trying to unlock that stupid wepon, and i cant play a normal game beacuse i hate seeing it on the list
    2: move the rocket gun to the support class, it makes no sense with a close range class
    3: make the chance of getting a melee puzzle peice more likely, or give premium members more battlepacks
    4: buff both the mortar tanks and give the new assualt tank more health
    5: make the new operations map more balanced, i cant remember what the map is called but its virtually impossible to attack, there is no cover and you cant even use the landship, i dont care if its historically accurate, give the attacking side more tanks and let them use the landship

Took me half a round of conquest on Empires Edge to get 2 planes with MG15 200 round mag. Go to a AA gun and weaken a plane with it and before the plane blows up you let go of the AA gun and finish off the plane with the lmg (Mg15).
  • Stadank714
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Constant team markers on HC MODE please I am TK'd way too often. Please just put it back to the way bf4 was. Just because I can tell the difference between uniforms doesn't mean everyone else can. Makes the experience uninjoyable,
  • jahgraha
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1 - skins

They simply don't work with vehicles, especially planes, and the time you reapply them, you get robbed of the plane availability.

I must have reapplied the same skin a hundred time and still need to redo it, it's frustrating.

2 - vote off

Since when did democracy work well, haven't you heard of Trump? ;)

It is now impossible to sit down and do a rotation, you get caught in loops of certain maps.

They need to allow this option for dice servers and not only private ones with tons of tweaks that we don't care about.

3 - elephants

Could we mount them?

4 - spitfire

Could we have experimental low wing planes? Experimental doesn't only comes with guns ;)

5 - behemoths

More.

• Ninokuni9
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Both the new operations are very difficult to win as an attacker. I've seen one team win in about 20 operations.
  • Zooboid
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    1. Get rid of that damn stupid Chromatic Aberration and Film Grain junk, so I can see what the heck is going on and actually shoot someone.
    2. Fire the idiots who thought it would be a good idea to have the junk above without the option to turn it off.
    3. Tone down the shake effect when using an optical sight please.
    4. Give something back to those who bought the base game and premium at the start.
    5. Stop giving me the same vehicle skin six times in a row.
  • Rambi83
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lag.... Your last dlc broke something
  • defcon_hostile
    489 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    jahgraha wrote: »
    1 - skins

They simply don't work with vehicles, especially planes, and the time you reapply them, you get robbed of the plane availability.

I must have reapplied the same skin a hundred time and still need to redo it, it's frustrating.

...edited

1. Set server browser to zero on conquest & set up your plane there in the pre-game game (hopefully still works)
  • neekeriapina
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    Is there anything you can do about the fact that there is simply no players playing They Shall Not Pass DLC maps? I have the premium edition BF1, and I havent played TSNP maps a single time, because there are no servers. I would like to have a chance to play the maps of a DLC i bought in multiplayer. The maps even look real nice so i wonder why is there no servers/players. Also, why are TSNP maps not included in the "Any Map" option, when for example going -> Conquest -> Any map? Everytime i try to find a TSNP map from the "Quick Match" option, it just doesnt find any games, not even at daytime in Europe. Also the options of TSNP servers in "Server Browser" are very limited.
  • ChaoticallyCalm
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Is it possible to have a training area like in bf4, it would help me understand bullet drop alot better. Personally i am having trouble with iron sights and headshots especially with scout class, as well as being a pilot in the test range would again be a huge help, targets could be the decoys or just throw in the old bf4 training level and if it really needs the historic feel, then use the small island with the bridge as a take off and landing strip, or just have it setup the same way. reason i ask it mainly i would like to be more accurate less spray and correct, as well as finding the distance for tanks weapons, and the time of the drop from the planes. I know going an empty server but there is nothing to tell where the shot has landed, firing from a position and then running to see where on the building it hit looking for the bullet marker which most times wont even show is annoying and just not a good teaching device, I want to be a better player, and i feel that the test area would be a huge benefit. Thank you for speeding up the customize soldier section i would have loved to deal with the load time if it only loaded a test area. The latest dlc seemed to be a huge improvement, Keep it up i know you will perfect this game to the level it deserves.
  • Illuminaty101
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Please, PLEASE fix this awful perfomance the most europeans received with the revolution patch! Unplayable!
  • mph199
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It would be nice if the two minute wait time for a map to load could be cut down...

BUT -- If I have to sit through it, why can't I have the option to tweak my soldier/vehicle loadouts??
  • The_Flngersmith
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Any chance of an M1903 Infantry variant ?
  • -aarp-19Crib
    763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Renownedd wrote: »
    t1gge wrote: »
    Hi BF community!
    Last week I started asking this same question to my twitter followers (https://twitter.com/tiggr_) - but I might aswell do it everywhere:
    What are your top 5 issues or improvements you'd like to see in BF1 going forward?

This post is mirrored here: https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/5cv0ui/battlefield_1_top_5_issues_or_improvements/, pick your favorite platform for feedback!

This game is super buggy when trying to join games of friends. Half of the time if you send an invite via xbox live NOTHING happens when it is accepted. Sometimes after you accept it, in the game it will prompt you to hold select to join in most times if this happens it works but sometimes it does not work and again NOTHING happens. A new bug since update sometimes after games it will get stuck on the end of game screen and you have to quit the game and restart to get out of it. I am sure there are many other improvements needed I do not play very much but when I do this seems to be the most common/annoying/frustrating bugs that I experience. It makes me not even want to play this game if its going to be this broken. This game is only good when playing with friends and if you are unable to play with friends this game is worthless. Also joining people from the party in game is not even an option or it does not work and kicking people from the party in game is not even an option. Please fix this crap. Thank you.

Since the new DLC, snipers are out of control. You can't do anything and not get zapped. What is the fun in playing a game like that? Time to nerf them or at least limit them to 10% of the players or so.
  • ColTichkonov
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thanks for organizing this!

1. Buff mounted machine guns - Right now, the mounted machine guns are entirely useless. I think that this is a missed opportunity. It would be really awesome to actually be afraid of getting mowed down by one of those. Damage should be increased and recoil reduced.

2. Make planes more vulnerable to ground fire - These plans are made of wood and canvas, so they shouldn't be bullet sponges! Infantry should actually able to deal meaningful damage.

3. Buff K-Bullets - They are the most useless thing right now. 'Nuff said.

4. Death animations - There should be longer death animations, especially for burning to death.

5. Historical mode - Mostly rifles, but some characters have just a pistol and a heck of a lot of grenades. Reduced health. This would work very well in tandem with the MG buff.

Well, that's my two cents!
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Thanks for organizing this!

1. Buff mounted machine guns - Right now, the mounted machine guns are entirely useless. I think that this is a missed opportunity. It would be really awesome to actually be afraid of getting mowed down by one of those. Damage should be increased and recoil reduced.

2. Make planes more vulnerable to ground fire - These plans are made of wood and canvas, so they shouldn't be bullet sponges! Infantry should actually able to deal meaningful damage.

3. Buff K-Bullets - They are the most useless thing right now. 'Nuff said.

4. Death animations - There should be longer death animations, especially for burning to death.

5. Historical mode - Mostly rifles, but some characters have just a pistol and a heck of a lot of grenades. Reduced health. This would work very well in tandem with the MG buff.

Well, that's my two cents!

1. They actually are some of the most damaging weapons in the game
    2. They are actually hyper vulnerable currently, the the point where if just a few people helped you'd have air dominance really fast. A single player will have a hard time, and thats the point.
    3. Actually K-bullets are very good, and with them being one of the most used scout gadgets, the sheer quantities of them kill tanks very fast, take it from someone who's most used class is tanker. Buffing them anymore will create a massive imbalance for tanks and just make us rush objectives way less than we already do since we are driving slow blocks of tissue paper.
    4. no comment
    5. There is a mode like that, it's called back to basics. No one plays it.
  • DeadAgain210
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    I'm speechless. We waste our time and energy telling them whats wrong and still no improvements.
    My mondrangon sniper doesn't fire like it use to. I press the trigger 5 times before a shot is fired.
    My scout class few guns fire at all, along with my calvery and elite classes. Perks suck, people want COD not Bf1. Oh wait? Was it the other way around? In anycase 4th day not playing bf1. Tired of hearing my friends #!+(# about the glitches and not about the enemy. "I am Jack's breaking heart''-fight club
    Post edited by DeadAgain210 on
  • digga11
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    Hi Dice
    Please fix the game, hit detection and the rest of it your updates are not helping they are making the game worse. Please read the thread in the PS4 section State of the game since last update.
  • defcon_hostile
    489 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Is there anything you can do about the fact that there is simply no players playing They Shall Not Pass DLC maps? I have the premium edition BF1, and I havent played TSNP maps a single time, because there are no servers. I would like to have a chance to play the maps of a DLC i bought in multiplayer. The maps even look real nice so i wonder why is there no servers/players. Also, why are TSNP maps not included in the "Any Map" option, when for example going -> Conquest -> Any map? Everytime i try to find a TSNP map from the "Quick Match" option, it just doesnt find any games, not even at daytime in Europe. Also the options of TSNP servers in "Server Browser" are very limited.

It would make sense to put all dlc maps in the same server on rotation, playerbase getting megasplit.