Shoot down 2 airplanes with LMG

Comments

• Godhates1234
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just shot a bomber down today with Madsen.
  • KieranKillie1869
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I shot down 2 fighters in quick succession but for some reason one of them counted as a mortar kill. Anyone else have this problem?
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Having done it, it now seems easier than I was expecting, but still it was a very frustrating assignment. In the end, I got lucky, but I can see some players not getting the kills and giving up on the assignment.

I think getting the repairs have been harder for me. The 2 planes have been done since first day but with my work schedule I still need 20 repairs and like 15 mortars.

I did the repairs on one of the assignments on the turret at d in monte grappa. It went quickly. Other option is follow a tank around on Volga river repairing it.
  • b2tchwood
    1086 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I used MG15, got nothing for two games and got both in one, just luck
  • OG-N2rock
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    b2tchwood wrote: »

Therein lies the problem, its LUCK! Assignments should be skill based, not luck based
  • H3rr_Trigg3r
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    OG-N2rock wrote: »
    b2tchwood wrote: »

Therein lies the problem, its LUCK! Assignments should be skill based, not luck based

Agreed. They need to think long and hard about the next DLC weapon assignments so this type of thing doesn't happen again.
  • zerkiez9666
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Great task in my opinion
  • skoopsro
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    They did and want infantry to shoot at planes on a regular basis. This was a fantastic assignment. And i think most people who actually did the mission were suprised it qas as easy as it is. Much to do about nothing. Limiting to the madsen was a bad idea and that part was scrapped but this was a great mission designed to get infantry to be more proactive about taking out planes. I have a plane kill with a freakin revolver this week as well as several rifle kills and required lmg kills aswell. I took out 5 planes in 2 rounds of monte grappa with lmgs when i was trying to do this mission. Its NOT hard.
  • The_Flngersmith
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Agreed, it's not difficult at all.

Take a look at my playstyle etc. you'll see I absolutely abhor the support class, yet I got the two downs in 2 rounds with the MG15 n.a Suppressive on Sinai and Grappa.

It can be frustrating when the pilot bails and you only get a tonne of points or a disablement, but eventually you'll damage the wing enough that he plummets to his death and destruction and then you're lying there with a giant grin across your face.
  • chaotic_xXx_kiwi
    365 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Got both mine on monte 1 with Lewis gun low weight and other with perino low weight . 2nd kill took me a week I was starting to get ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ with assignment
  • sfreeman73
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    skoopsro wrote: »
    They did and want infantry to shoot at planes on a regular basis. This was a fantastic assignment. And i think most people who actually did the mission were suprised it qas as easy as it is. Much to do about nothing. Limiting to the madsen was a bad idea and that part was scrapped but this was a great mission designed to get infantry to be more proactive about taking out planes. I have a plane kill with a freakin revolver this week as well as several rifle kills and required lmg kills aswell. I took out 5 planes in 2 rounds of monte grappa with lmgs when i was trying to do this mission. Its NOT hard.

We all know the intention behind the assignment and in part you are correct it's not hard IF you have luck on your side. This assignment is not based on skill or tactics you point your weapon in the general direction on the plane and HOPE you get the kill shot (your pistol kill is a prime example). If this assignment was as easy as you claim there would not be as many threads about it where people are talking about hours of game play to complete (even some pro players make comments on it). I am genuinely happy for you to find it so easy but for the vast majority of players it is far more tricky than you make it out to be.
  • Trokey66
    9107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    sfreeman73 wrote: »

We all know the intention behind the assignment and in part you are correct it's not hard IF you have luck on your side. This assignment is not based on skill or tactics you point your weapon in the general direction on the plane and HOPE you get the kill shot (your pistol kill is a prime example). If this assignment was as easy as you claim there would not be as many threads about it where people are talking about hours of game play to complete (even some pro players make comments on it). I am genuinely happy for you to find it so easy but for the vast majority of players it is far more tricky than you make it out to be.

Fair enough, but what would be a 'skill based' assignment that would encourage players to shoot at planes?
  • H3rr_Trigg3r
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017

Again, getting the final kill shot typically came down to luck and nothing more. You can't justify having guys lying on the dunes of Sinai round after round popping off rounds at planes and not playing the objective. Maybe a couple of you were lucky and did it quickly. That's fine. I actually had my first destroy in the first 30 seconds of trying. The next one came 3 1/2 hours later of trying and not PTFOing. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of players already knew they could damage planes. They just didn't attempt it because it really gives away your position to a scout waiting to shoot you in the head. Dumb assignment.
    Trokey66 wrote: »

Fair enough, but what would be a 'skill based' assignment that would encourage players to shoot at planes?

Having a damage count rather than needing actual destroys. Do something like 250 damage to planes with an LMG. Don't like that? Make it 500 damage.
  • Prep768
    3476 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Got one on Grappa with a couple of bullets from a BAR whilst running from C to D

I'm not going to resort to lying down and emptying a mag into a passing plane though - it will happen in time but grinding these assignments takes the fun out of the game for me.

Re - mortar kills.
    Argonne is perfect for this, Verdun B/E flags, Suez C flag, Neville - this is coming from an official mortar scrub
  • Trokey66
    9107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sciolist wrote: »

Headshot a fighter pilot using a kolibri. B)

From behind a sniper shield!

Again, getting the final kill shot typically came down to luck and nothing more. You can't justify having guys lying on the dunes of Sinai round after round popping off rounds at planes and not playing the objective. Maybe a couple of you were lucky and did it quickly. That's fine. I actually had my first destroy in the first 30 seconds of trying. The next one came 3 1/2 hours later of trying and not PTFOing. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of players already knew they could damage planes. They just didn't attempt it because it really gives away your position to a scout waiting to shoot you in the head. Dumb assignment.

Having a damage count rather than needing actual destroys. Do something like 250 damage to planes with an LMG. Don't like that? Make it 500 damage.

Shooting planes down is 'luck' but damaging them is 'skill'?

Seems like pretty much the same thing to me but OK.

As @Prep768 says, there is no need to 'lie on your belly on a Sinai sand dune, just shoot at a passing plane on an opportunistic basis and it will come eventually (fnarr, fnarr).

Annoyingly, I find myself chasing them but most can be achieved by just playing the game and who knows, you might learn something new......
  • Prep768
    3476 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Annoyingly, I find myself chasing them but most can be achieved by just playing the game and who knows, you might learn something new......

With you on this especially, come on guys, put down your 100* hellriegal and kill me with something different :p

I think we've said that some assignments won't get worked towards. Maybe in time but, like you said, stuff gets unlocked by just playing the game.
  • b2tchwood
    1086 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    After spending two games shooting at planes and not getting the final destroy I found it annoying, the joy after finally getting one says it all:

The second one came shortly after on the same map. But there is the element of luck to getting the final hit, especially when everyone else is trying for the assignment.
  • ElliotLH
    9554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I shot down 2 fighters in quick succession but for some reason one of them counted as a mortar kill. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes I experienced this but until now I hadn't seen anybody else mention it. Check the soldier customization menu as you might have got lucky and it did actually count.