Model 10-A Hunter is simply amazing.

valeri0706
185 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited September 2017
As someone who had almost never played with Shotguns as Assault (mostly play with assault rifles), I tried shotguns couple of days ago and more specifically - the 10-A Hunter.

This shotgun is simply amazing. One-shot kills on close ranges and even 2-3 shots on medium ones. It is amazing how much wonders it does and how overpowered it is, especially when backed by aim assist.

What do you think?

Comments

• Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's not overpowered in my opinion. You take a lot of risks by using a shot-gun.. and you lose a lot of range and therefore you die a lot from people far away.
    The OHK is nice up close, but this is balanced by having to re-load often.
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Its not OP, compared to previous bf titles, the 10a would be considered garbage tier, which 17m isn't very far in practice.
  • boutneus
    2484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Crutch gun
  • huricanechuck
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    there is a reason it accounts for approx. 75% of all shotgun kills.
  • gsenjou1193
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The shottie salt is so real.
  • cracksteady
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The shottie salt is so real.

Same goes for the bolt-action rifles .. one might become diabetic reading all these salty comments.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    It's not overpowered in my opinion. You take a lot of risks by using a shot-gun.. and you lose a lot of range and therefore you die a lot from people far away.
    The OHK is nice up close, but this is balanced by having to re-load often.

Agree. you have to learn to play extreme close quarters when you wanna be a shotgunner. Resist attempting kills you could have got easily with any other guns and make sure you've always got decent cover.
  • V2Face
    2688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's still my top gun even though I don't use it much anymore. It was great before the range nerf now it's a handicap against most players with decent aim. The slow pump action motion coupled with wonky hit detection and you will be pulling your hair out. You are better off using any other shotgun as they do what the 10-A hunter does better.
  • AaronTheZombie
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    valeri0706 wrote: »
    What do you think?
    Shotguns are for unskilled cannon fodder and trolls. This is how it had always been in the BF series.
  • Temp1st
    2493 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Guess im the odd one here, But i feel that 1900 is better than 10A.

It removes RNG for the most part.
  • MarxistDictator
    5249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I like the 1900 for that. When you get a weird damage roll you usually can fire again for the kill quickly.
  • V2Face
    2688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    valeri0706 wrote: »
    What do you think?
    Shotguns are for unskilled cannon fodder and trolls. This is how it had always been in the BF series.

Broad sweeping generalizations? Shame on you...I guess it takes a lot of skill to use fully automatic weapons huh?
  • CI-I13F
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Model1900 slug owns a10
  • AaronTheZombie
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    Broad sweeping generalizations? Shame on you
    Can the truth be generalized?
    V2Face wrote: »
    I guess it takes a lot of skill to use fully automatic weapons huh?
    It namely depends on the weapons function. The shotguns are all the simplest guns to use because they are point blank range weapons: you don't have to worry about recoil, leading targets, spread, weapon accuracy, distance, bullet drop, etc. You just get close, put your crosshair or sight and them, and pull the trigger. The Automatico is a full auto weapon that functions nearly identical to shotguns in that it is also a point blank range weapon so you don't have to worry about recoil, leading targets, spread, weapon accuracy, bullet drop, or distance.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You clearly never used a shotgun in a video game let alone real life

~

When the game launched I used it for ranking up assault as it was a good pump action and at the time was sorta consistent. Now; meh. I'd rather take slugs over it. After using the other shotguns the pump is so slow and the damage so inconsistent.

Don't get me wrong I like my model 10-a hunter but doing 18 damage for two buck shots point blank start to get on your nerves. If I'm gonna use a shotgun now I'll be the m97 Backbored or Sjorgen; I'll take consistenty thanks
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 2017
    there is a reason it accounts for approx. 75% of all shotgun kills.
    Because the others are either junk or dlc.
  • legaroojack
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I decided to use the hunter yesterday and my god it's like they buffed it, I killed a guy that was 100m away although it was only 12 damage that's still amazing for a shottie, the rest of the time I was one shoting people at medium ranges close range well it's a shotgun so no explanation needed, maybe they buffed it or my gameplay has significantly improved
  • BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ^^^could've started a new thread related to the 10-A instead of reviving a dead thread.

Also, OHK people at medium range with a shotgun? What's your definition of medium range?
  • Hawxxeye
    7744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2018
    It needs more consistency. At it is now it feels like while the pellets are tighter these pellets still cluster together at places that are off the center of the reticule.
    Sadly Dice values their so called "authenticity" more than gameplay quality. 12 may pellets work irl cause we get dropped dead by a lot less than ingame.
    Imho for gameplay reasons, the shotguns should be shooting either many more dozens of pellets that do a lot less damage each in order to do uniform damage throughout the shotgun cone (the closer the target is to the middle of the cone the more damage instead of how now all most of the 12 pellets might accumulate on the one side of the cone).
    This way it will also be easier to balance their effective range.