How come players are still incompetent after 1 year?

Comments

• Nightbass
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah most of the players are selfish scrubs not playing the objective. They are even bad at camping as they most likely won't kill the enemy they look at who then proceeds to kill you from behind. If you queue Supply Mode you expect players to at least get near the supply and camp here. No, nada. They give a flying f about the drop and you end up 1-9 fighting two enemy squads alone. Today my match ended up 7-500. I alone collected 7 tickets in about 12 seconds after which I refused to push alone. All what was needed from my bots (team mates) was to walk near the drop.

DICE needs to either lower score you get from kills to 10 or have two server sets - casual and ranked. Players would be able to join ranked servers only if they met certain criteria like objective score per minute or some similar parameter. Its disgusting to play objective and have your own team sabotage your progress.

Players in BF1 tend to be endlessly useless, lacking basic intelligence and tend to completely ignore minimap or sound cues.
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    Wandereru wrote: »
    >Implying everyone started playing BF1 on day one and play it daily

But yet a lot come from other bf titles and still have no clue.

You say no clue, but they do as they please, its not that they dont have a clue, its they dont care about some randoms and why should they.
    They play for themselves and at the end of the day its a game, most probably just play to relax, the more serious tend to join platoons and play with like minded people.
    If people are sick of playing with randoms, then join a platoon.
    The options are there for everybody to play as they wish, that's either lonewolf or play with like minded people, if someone doesn't want to join a platoon, then expect randoms doing as they please.

I understand the opinion to sit and spin shooting at the sky, but most play to win. I have the choice to flash bang my team, but should i? I my self, like to go for the W...
  • BaconRebellion
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kust had to leave a game of TDM because despite my team holding the balcony on Ballroom we were still losing by 10 points. Why? Because my team despite having the advantage was doimg nothing but dying.
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Skill4Reel wrote: »
    Syzzix wrote: »
    Download an app for your phone called discord. Fixed your issue.
    And no, the people who are in the start party and not in the base squad will not be switched. I've done this before on ps4.xbone

My issue isn't the max player limit in Playstation parties as I have already said that it isn't necessary to speak to every person on the team. As the squad order system in Battlefield 1 shows us what other squads are doing if they are using it. So discord would be unnecessary as well. Also assuming you are correct. That still isn't good enough as many platoon member will still be excluded.

Well considering the max for platoons is 100, and the max for a game mode is 64.. Yeah a lot would be.
    I think you're missing my point.
    Your friends, if they press join in game, and enter the match and end up on the other team, the game will auto switch them to be on yours when there is an open space even if its 31 vs 5. Then keep that friend there, since you joined their ingame party, on that team, even if you do not stay in their squad.
  • Skill4Reel
    383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well considering the max for platoons is 100, and the max for a game mode is 64.. Yeah a lot would be.
    Your friends, if they press join in game, and enter the match and end up on the other team, the game will auto switch them to be on yours when there is an open space even if its 31 vs 5. Then keep that friend there, since you joined their ingame party, on that team, even if you do not stay in their squad.

Platoons of multiple squads can still possibly get team switched by auto balance in the next match or two. Even after the initial auto switch after joining on platoon members. There is nothing in this game that keeps platoon members on the same team all of the time. I have seen it happen so many times that I don't know how you can say that it does not. Playing with as many selected teammates as possible is the only solution to the issue that this topic is about. Currently team balance makes doing this consistently impossible.
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Platoons of multiple squads can still possibly get team switched by auto balance in the next match or two. Even after the initial auto switch after joining on platoon members. There is nothing in this game that keeps platoon members on the same team all of the time. I have seen it happen so many times that I don't know how you can say that it does not. Playing with as many selected teammates as possible is the only solution to the issue that this topic is about. Currently team balance makes doing this consistently impossible.

No they can't, they game system won't allow it if they all join the same party, if they are not in the same party, yes they can be switched.
    Also a platoon is a clan, you're using the wrong words here.
    A party is this thing on the menu screen that lets you enter a match as a group, it will not switch players. If I could I'd upload a 7 hour video of proof our teams never broke up.
    Its something that needs to be fixed.
  • Skill4Reel
    383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Syzzix No. I used the right words for exactly what I was referring to.
  • Phthinein
    @Syzzix No. I used the right words for exactly what I was referring to.

Then we were not talking about the same things at all.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    Wandereru wrote: »
    >Implying everyone started playing BF1 on day one and play it daily

But yet a lot come from other bf titles and still have no clue.

You say no clue, but they do as they please, its not that they dont have a clue, its they dont care about some randoms and why should they.
    They play for themselves and at the end of the day its a game, most probably just play to relax, the more serious tend to join platoons and play with like minded people.
    If people are sick of playing with randoms, then join a platoon.
    The options are there for everybody to play as they wish, that's either lonewolf or play with like minded people, if someone doesn't want to join a platoon, then expect randoms doing as they please.

I understand the opinion to sit and spin shooting at the sky, but most play to win. I have the choice to flash bang my team, but should i? I my self, like to go for the W...

If most went for the win, then there wouldn't be a thread about clueless players ;)
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3076 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is it just me or does it happen to you lot as well, but do you notice that the only enemies you see spotted are the ones you have spotted.

This weekend when playing Amiens took the biscuit with players with tunnel vision. Both teams were intermingled ignoring each other running around like headless chickens between two flags with out noticing what was going on.
  • obisearch
    774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    Well if you've seen the debates on unlocking guns you start to see a pattern of feircly proud casuals who don't want to play games objectively but log in just to have fun.... I assume that means shooting as many people as possible.
    So from my perspective it's not that they don't know what to do. It's just that they don't give a rat's rectum. They payed for the game to play how they choose.
  • Skill4Reel
    Nightbass wrote: »
    DICE needs to either lower score you get from kills to 10 or have two server sets - casual and ranked. Players would be able to join ranked servers only if they met certain criteria like objective score per minute or some similar parameter. Its disgusting to play objective and have your own team sabotage your progress.

I agree that the current structure for online multiplayer in Battlefield games is not catering to all types of players. Especially the "play to win" segment of the Battlefield population. Something like this should have been implemented into this series a long time ago. I have been saying that there should be a completely different ranked server environment where people know before they go into it that they are supposed to be playing to win for years. Platoon vs platoon matches should also take place within this area.

• wontbuyurgames
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    DICE has made games more recently that take people away from the objectives to complete side accomplishments. It's like making a car with no steering wheel. The purpose is missed.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen wrote: »
    Is it just me or does it happen to you lot as well, but do you notice that the only enemies you see spotted are the ones you have spotted.

This weekend when playing Amiens took the biscuit with players with tunnel vision. Both teams were intermingled ignoring each other running around like headless chickens between two flags with out noticing what was going on.

I tried playing vanilla maps again a couple of weeks ago, it lasted for all of about two matches before I ran back to TSNP maps.
  • Buick72
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Some people are just not good at games yet still enjoy playing them.

The ones I don't get, are the ones that aren't very good, and rage the whole game, and hackusate every person that kills them, yet still play after a year ... Their blood pressure must be through the roof.
  • beetroot888
    768 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    People rarely use the spotting feature as op as it is. i played last nite for 4 hrs straight, mix modes and maps and was saying on mic, spot guys spot. No one heard me. Maybe 3-4 spots in as many hrs tells me most are ignorant to the games features. Same with scouts flare. Bran1986 I feel your pain.
  • bfloo11111111111
    220 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    People rarely use the spotting feature as op as it is. i played last nite for 4 hrs straight, mix modes and maps and was saying on mic, spot guys spot. No one heard me. Maybe 3-4 spots in as many hrs tells me most are ignorant to the games features. Same with scouts flare. Bran1986 I feel your pain.

People don't spot because they want the kill.

I spot since I lose most shootouts :(
  • trip1ex
    5220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017

People don't spot because they want the kill.

I spot since I lose most shootouts :(

I spot just because it helps the team even though I am mostly helping tards who never spot get extra kills.
  • beetroot888
    768 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Then they should play sniper games not team based games.
  • mihai2011rom
    792 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So I have another example. This happened this weekend while playing operations. While playing on defense, I noticed that if we don't win on the 1st map, my teammates turn their brains off. 1st map, everyone's fighting hard, 2nd they all turn into casual bots. Did anyone else notice this?