Do something about camping snipers already.

Comments

• -Antares65z
    1786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    There is no way to capture objective anymore since you get bullet to the head isntantly when peak out. Every game half of the players are scouts.

Isn't that what happens in real war? Maybe you need to be more tactical with your movement. No reason why you can't continue to PTFO. Just because you're getting a bullet in the head from a Scout weapon doesn't mean that they're camping up on the hill. Maybe they're close by and also PTFO and you just didn't see them. On the contrary, IMO half the players on the server are running LMG's and Hellreigels.

• chawktrick
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    Personally, I struggle with these concerns because I almost never get killed by snipers. I'm not trying to brag - it just doesn't happen very often to me. This is the case even on wider open maps that favor snipers like Ballroom Blitz, Empire's Edge, Albion and Galicia. Sure, sometimes certain maps and enemy teams have a clear abundance of snipers and I'll perhaps die 5-10 times in a round from snipers, but that's few and far between.

Just as some friendly advice, perhaps try adjusting your strategy. I know some maps can be really difficult to deal with (especially Albion - that's a sniperfest to the max) but I find that if I stick to cover, zig zag while running in open areas and avoid the center of the map, I do pretty well and avoid sniper deaths.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @XXxx_ABH_xxXX that guy you quoted sure is a pleasant fellow. Seems to think that everyone that mains scout like you and I are hill humping.

Hope he remembers the next time one of us removes his face from the objective or from the next one over.

That he was killed by as he puts it "trash" lmao
  • Stealth7Knife
    33 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Smoke and rush objective! Although I do think they could increase the power of smoke. Definitely make all spotting of enemies disappear.
  • chawktrick
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    Smoke and rush objective! Although I do think they could increase the power of smoke. Definitely make all spotting of enemies disappear.

Great point. I almost always equip smoke on the wide open maps.

Not accusing anybody of this in here, but, people often overlook these kinds of strategies. Many act like it's inconvenient they can't run with their favorite loadout because of something the enemy team is doing. I for one believe an important part of this game is strategic loadouts. I get it can be frustrating to not be able to play the way you want to play, but that's part of video gaming at times.

Case in point - my Fort de Vaux loadout as support is incredibly different than what I might do on Empire's Edge. On Fort, I run with the MG15 n.A. suppressive in order to hold down hallways, incendiary grenade to block paths and clear out campers and then the crossbow launcher. On Edge, I use something with better mobility (BAR), the Air Mortar and smoke grenades.
  • Buick72
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It would be much more fun if players actualy PTFOd instead of camping in 1 spot with thumb in their ****. Maybe remove marksman bonus as you did in BF4 or come up with something else to prevent this nonsense.

I really hate the "PTFO" argument. Half the people that shout it are zerging flags with the entire enemy team on it and feeding them kills/tickets. You want to "PTFO" defend flags, cap flags that wont cost the team 100 lives, and get kills. With the new conquest system kills are way more important that they used to be. That being said...

Get a rifle and shoot them back. Most scouts that lay prone 3 miles out can't hit anything that isn't standing still, or take 5-8 shots to hit anything anyway.

Stay out of sight lines, use smoke, run up and blast them in half with a shotgun..

Nothing will ever prevent camping snipers, well, aside form removing rifles with scopes, but then you'll still have LMG bipoders laying on rocks "suppressing" everyone...
    Or people trying to snipe as medics... and that you'll most likely see more of if the damage changes go live

• V2Face
    2688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Buick72 wrote: »
    It would be much more fun if players actualy PTFOd instead of camping in 1 spot with thumb in their ****. Maybe remove marksman bonus as you did in BF4 or come up with something else to prevent this nonsense.

I really hate the "PTFO" argument. Half the people that shout it are zerging flags with the entire enemy team on it and feeding them kills/tickets. You want to "PTFO" defend flags, cap flags that wont cost the team 100 lives, and get kills. With the new conquest system kills are way more important that they used to be. That being said...

Get a rifle and shoot them back. Most scouts that lay prone 3 miles out can't hit anything that isn't standing still, or take 5-8 shots to hit anything anyway.

Stay out of sight lines, use smoke, run up and blast them in half with a shotgun..

Nothing will ever prevent camping snipers, well, aside form removing rifles with scopes, but then you'll still have LMG bipoders laying on rocks "suppressing" everyone...
    Or people trying to snipe as medics... and that you'll most likely see more of if the damage changes go live

PTFO cheerleaders are just as bad as campers because at least they don't die on flags and cost tickets in the new CQ system.
  • mph199
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you main Scout, you're trash, it's that simple. I don't give a **** about whether you play it or not, you paid for the game, play how you want, but if your accuracy isn't above 75% and you main scout with the martini Henry, you're straight garbage. Just know that next time you cosplay as a Tusken Raider and score maybe 2k a round.

Well, trash certainly recognizes its own...
  • GrinddalDDG
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Scouts on the oppossing team dont really bother me.

But the other day I played the kaiserslacht ops small and my team failed at getting the first sector on the first map on all 3 battallions.

I was the only guy on the flags at times and faaaaar ahead killwise and pts wise than other team members.

I have a screen shot ill post later showing 14 out of 20 players on my team scouting from spawn.
    I dont get why they play OPS.

they were all very low rank, so horrible matchmaking prolly did not help,.
    I only use ironsighted rifles when scout playing, and I have no problem PTFOing.
  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    @XXxx_ABH_xxXX that guy you quoted sure is a pleasant fellow. Seems to think that everyone that mains scout like you and I are hill humping.

Hope he remembers the next time one of us removes his face from the objective or from the next one over.

That he was killed by as he puts it "trash" lmao

Endeed. I am proud of my strategic skills. I block and/or cover flag accesses for my squad allowing them to concentrate in the CQC combats with guys I cannot cover.
    But we are trash... Tired of noobs shouting in the forums crying because their lack of skills.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14299 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @TheParagonPanda
    Profanity is not permitted, neither is statbashing.

I recommend abiding by the rules.

Thank you.

• HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't care if it will "hurt" someone's playstyle or what, but (...)

Well, we don't care if the current setting hurts YOUR playstyle.

It can work both ways.

This. And also @PopsicleStealer....

Wah...
  • ItsDoomsday
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No way, Scouts are where I get 90% of my mortar kills from
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @ItsDoomsday don't forget melee kills. Even if I main scout. Gotta melee the camping ones.

I've snuck all the way around the outside of a map to back stab a camping sniper that got me.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Why do you all keep complaining about scouts? 75% of the campers I see are support blasting away with an lmg from the edge of the map.

The worst case by far is the Assault with the hellriegel prone in the corner of a room.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14299 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited September 2017
    If you guys ever catch me in a server with you, And I am using the scout class, You'll soon notice me directly on flags or at least within the burn area, spotting flares always fired within the burn area but more outwards in the direction of enemy captured flags..

Just so you get a nice heads up on your minimap when they begin attacking our objective ;)
  • trm6
    278 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I love getting 12-15k scout score when i see most support/medic "ptfo'ers" that barely break 10k score cause the heal/resupply game can't keep up with my spot flare assist, spot bonuses.
  • Imabaka70
    @LOLGotYerTags I thought I played against you last night. A player called "gotyourtags" was on the enemy team