Has EA/DICE accidentally released an update??

SquarerFive
54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited September 2017
Everything in the new UI is now broken, I head into the Solder Progression tab and then I click "Soldier Progression", I cannot leave it then. I had to ALT F4 to exit and restart again.
Here's what the game looks like when I start it up. The same has happened for everyone else:
7CmnOX6ERdevBTmuGhJfEg.png

As you notice on the bottom right corner, it says 2016 now. It originally said 2017. Has BF4 Downgraded????

Also the joining server picture has changed to another broken one (Width doesnt fit the widget):
_JaGcFTtRFi0PPAA4FOoaA.png

Comments

• RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I don't use the UI. It's terrible.
  • -JR-
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Not surprised that it's now broken. This is EA after all...

Origin also doesn't work. (settings/filters don't save)
  • pinchylillobster
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's zero reason to ever use the new UI. Just launch battlelog and the game through your browser.
  • DICEfixREG2k13
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    well i have your same issue, and today in all servers i have 90/100+ ping, when i normally have around 30-40ms. in other games today i had normal pings. what is going on?
  • Kiplings_Error_3
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Dont us it, so dont know. As there is no real reason to us it.

• SquarerFive
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The NEW UI used to be good, some update days ago changed it...
  • SquarerFive
    Like a downgrade, the year has changed to 2016 in the bottom right. It used to be 2017 in April.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I do not like the new UI either, but that is not the topic.. If it is indeed a wrong update I haven't had it. Can you play on all servers when you launch the game via battlelog? If not I think you just need to repair the game with origin.
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited September 2017
    Disclaimer: I have noticed that Origin now turns on Application Settings that I have turned off. Each time I start Origin, one or more options under Application Settings is turned back on even after I turn them off previously when launching Origin.

I have seen this same result after Origin updates, which happened around the time the OP started this topic.

Definitely something going on that has affected more than just UI. ORIGIN!

I will admit, in the least amount of troubles I have had with both BF3 and BF4, Origin has been more prevalent as the source of any problems I've encountered....in almost 5 years.
  • SquarerFive
    edited September 2017
    I do not like the new UI either, but that is not the topic.. If it is indeed a wrong update I haven't had it. Can you play on all servers when you launch the game via battlelog? If not I think you just need to repair the game with origin.

I can play on all servers when I use battlelog, and indeed I have repaired it several times. The game files arent corrupted since lots of other players had it. Try launch your game in the new UI and see if you got this update. To find out, look at the bottom right corner, after this new September update it says 2016. Originally in the previous update, it said (C) 2017 Electronic Arts.
  • ThreadRippin
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    you know that EA is slowly killing BF4 with bugs so that more and more BF4 diehards finally leave it and go purchase/play BF1
    my tinfoil hat fits very nicely thank you
    lol
  • SDS_DOA
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I have the same issues. Also, the squad join feature is broken. One of my friends can't even select squad join anymore. Instead we have a "party invite" option that doesn't actually send invites. We just join each other's games and join each other's team/squad manually, but still annoying. Sent a support ticket several days ago and no response.
  • FNSaver
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I'm having the same problem and I made a thread here:

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/125273/the-ui-is-broken

It's annoying as hell. I hope we get a fix.
  • BACKYARDBULLY38
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Everything in the new UI is now broken, I head into the Solder Progression tab and then I click "Soldier Progression", I cannot leave it then. I had to ALT F4 to exit and restart again.
    Here's what the game looks like when I start it up. The same has happened for everyone else:
    7CmnOX6ERdevBTmuGhJfEg.png

As you notice on the bottom right corner, it says 2016 now. It originally said 2017. Has BF4 Downgraded????

Also the joining server picture has changed to another broken one (Width doesnt fit the widget):
    _JaGcFTtRFi0PPAA4FOoaA.png

I have the same issue plus in game everything goes orange and black. this started happening after servers was down a week or so back after the new anti cheat was implemented to Origin sign in.
  • II_NightBlade_II
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Alfrion wrote: »
    well i have your same issue, and today in all servers i have 90/100+ ping, when i normally have around 30-40ms. in other games today i had normal pings. what is going on?

That must be UI being updated. It updates in background and we have no control over it.