Weekly BF

Battlefest Revision 1 Feedback. Only 1 Tsar skins again!?

HandsomeBearCub
280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited September 2017
TLDR: I'm quite disappointed at how they've apparently decided to distribute the remaining Tsar skins over several revisions. This level of RNG sucks for those of us who can't spend considerable amounts of money on battlepacks. Waiting isn't fun when you play the game as much as I do and I wouldn't play less if I had access to DLC skins earlier, so I really don't understand why they've decided to go this route. Are they fishing for whales or think people will play the game more because they don't have x skin?
-
So for those who haven't payed attention, the first revision after the Tsar DLC became available to premium users had 5 of the new legendary Tsar weapon skins + 1 more in the exchange category. The second revision had 1, the Obrez legendary skin. The current one also only has 1, the General Liu legendary skin. Now, apparently the "Battlefest Revisions" will only last for three days each which will also be relevant to my disappointment since you got less time to grind scraps for the gamble.
-
Okay, so the only reason for the apparent 1 Tsar legendary skin per revision I can fathom is that they don't want players who've spent a lot of time playing the game getting access to all or most of the Tsar legendary skins the first time they appear. Players like me who already have most or all of the previous legendary skins that they wanted(excluding super rare ones ofc) and have been saving up scraps for the Tsar legendaries they want. What this 1 Tsar legendary per revision regime does is it makes it pretty much impossible for anyone who can't blackmail Lady Fortune(or pay vast sums of RL money for regular battlepacks) to acquire even two of the remaining three Tsar legendary skins...acquiring one seems doable for those that didn't spend all their scraps in the first Tsar revision and therefore missed out on a couple in that one.
-
I had around 10k scraps when the first one came out and was able to acquire 4/6 from the first revision(including the exchange one). I missed one that I wanted becuase I was saving scraps to get the Obrez and Moson-Nagant M91 skins when they became available and didn't trust my luck. Second revision comes around and it only had the Obrez skin, I ended up having to spend 3600 scraps to get that one which is below the average you have to spend to acquire any single legendary from a revision. For those of us who want the remaining three skins for the: General Liu, Mosin-Nagant m91 and Model 1900 would then, assuming 1/7 chance as the current one is, have to sit on 6300 per revision to even have the average chance of acquiring one of them. And even then you'd have to sit on about twice to reasonably guarantee the one you wanted.
-
As for regular battlepacks, I played close to 100 games last revision and got 1 legendary from the rewarded battlepacks, 0 the revision before that and I played a lot that week too, so the odds of getting the one you want that way is negligable in my experience.
-
Yes I realize that they will eventually come as exchange legendaries and be included in future revisions but the insane RNG involved in getting 1 legendary skin out of a whole revision is incredibly frustrating even for people who aren't expecting to acquire all legendaries for all weapons, which I'm not(barring all rifles, ofc ;p). I understand that RNG is subconciously making people who are interested in their weapon appearance play more but, atleast for me, it's taking away from the fun a lot when you don't even have a reasonable way of securely bypassing it by playing a ton. Especially considering that Superior Battlepacks can give you the same legendaries several times. If they were to remove the duplicate chance and increase the scrap price of Superior Battlepacks or bundle DLC weapon skins into one or two revisions the weeks after release I'd be a lot happier.
-
P.S.
That turned out to be quite a rant...please share your opinion, I can't be the only one who dislikes the way they're handling this?

Edit: Wanted to add that I think it's great that they added a super rare skin in the exchange category, even though I'm not interested in this one, I'm sure people who are will enjoy it a lot.
Post edited by HandsomeBearCub on

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    5663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Got Liu skin from the 3rd superior pack. And heavy tank from the 2nd. Not sure about you but I'm pretty satisfied with current revision.
  • HandsomeBearCub
    280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Got Liu skin from the 3rd superior pack. And heavy tank from the 2nd. Not sure about you but I'm pretty satisfied with current revision.

Are you serious ._.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Are you serious ._.

100% serious. I'm just very lucky with legendary skins.
  • kaliyl777
    1958 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The only General liu skin i dont like. I was hopeing for the blue skin.
  • HandsomeBearCub
    edited September 2017
    kaliyl777 wrote: »
    The only General liu skin i dont like. I was hopeing for the blue skin.

Yeah I find it quite confusing that they haven't added any of those at all to any revision so far...
  • MarxistDictator
    4955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Words can't express my disappointment. Still no skins for the Mosin or 1900 and now they want me to sacrifice my scrap pile for a single general liu skin.

I'm actually most annoyed at the continuing lack of blue skins for the ITNOTT guns, anyone who saw them as well when they were up in the CTE knows what I mean. One of the 1900 distinguished skins looks 100 times better than the legendary it gets

But no dice doesn't want us to have new skins for our new guns, yet more hurr muh progression tripe probably. I think I'm just going to buy The Care Package.

and then upload me scrapping it for hardaimedkid >:)
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, the Liu has some really nice Special and Distinguished skins. For example, there was one Special skin with black wooden furniture and copper metal. There was also a Distinguished skin with black, engraved wood, with polished silver. In this revision, we've only gotten one skin, and it's the hardest one to get. I remember a few people saying that all of the non-Legendary skins for the ITNOTT weapons will start rolling out once the DLC is live for everyone, not just Premium players. Well, the DLC is about to release in a day or two, and we see no sign of these skins. If the other Battlefest revisions are similar to this one, then I'll be highly disappointed. I've already opened two Superiors, and didn't get anything new. So now, I have two days to cough up enough scraps for another Superior.

I don't understand why DICE has to make this so complicated. Sure, they're just skins that don't impact the game very much, and I don't like the Liu rifle all that much either, but it feels like DICE is trying to play us for fools yet again...
  • HandsomeBearCub
    Words can't express my disappointment. Still no skins for the Mosin or 1900 and now they want me to sacrifice my scrap pile for a single general liu skin.

I'm actually most annoyed at the continuing lack of blue skins for the ITNOTT guns, anyone who saw them as well when they were up in the CTE knows what I mean. One of the 1900 distinguished skins looks 100 times better than the legendary it gets

But no dice doesn't want us to have new skins for our new guns, yet more hurr muh progression tripe probably. I think I'm just going to buy The Care Package.

and then upload me scrapping it for hardaimedkid >:)

I was really looking forward to the 1900 and Mosin-Nagant skins as well. It seems now that I have to settle on one if I want to have a good chance at getting it >_x
  • Sawdog98
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Really bummed I dont just happen to have 10,000 scraps laying around for the care package m1911 skin. I tried grinding really hard last week because I wanted "the man stopper" but had no luck. Anyone know if either of these are coming back to battlepacks in the future? Love my m1911
  • RudeAwakeningEh
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So far I've opened roughly 10 superior battle packs in hopes of getting the Liu skin and have gotten the same two gun skins 5 times each.
  • ARingdal
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Forget about skins..., dog tags mate..., dog tags... ;)
  • mihai2011rom
    792 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2017
    There will be 4 battlefest revisions. The dlc skins will be available by the end of the event.
  • AaronTheZombie
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA must be in-charge of battlepacks, no other explanation makes sense.
  • HandsomeBearCub
    There will be 4 battlefest revisions. The dlc skins will be available by the end of the event.

On what do you base this? If they've publicly stated that all the DLC skins will be available in some revision please gief link.
  • HandsomeBearCub
    Do you have a link that confirms this or are you only guessing?