BF1 and XBOX One X

MogwaiWarrior
967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Does anyone know 100% if BF1 is going to be XBOX One X Enhanced? Some sites have it listed, some sites don't.

Comments

• Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I couldn't see why DICE wouldn't use the power of the console to at least get a smoother and more consistent framerate on the Xbone X. It wouldn't give Xbone X users any inherent advantage over normal Xbone players, and it would be a worthwhile change - because after playing it on PC, a constant 60fps does indeed "feel" better than the inconsistent and somewhat lower framerate us Xbone players currently get.

The game already looks great imo, so I wouldn't even expect any visual changes (though I still wouldn't mind if there were any) - but a consistent and smooth framerate is one of the main reasons I'd be excited to play this game on the X.
  • CosmicStriker
    766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • xIKillx
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The reason why is because the game originally was listed but then taken off. No one knows why.

But I'm fairly confident it'll take advantage of the console and it's just some weird deal ea has set up. Remember when dice wouldn't even acknowledge if the pro version was updated and still have never even officially confirmed what upgrades it has.

But all said and done I'm super confident it'll be patched in because it just makes sense for a lot of reasons. But like you i would love to just get an official yes it is from dice.
  • Billydoc1
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Does anyone know 100% if BF1 is going to be XBOX One X Enhanced? Some sites have it listed, some sites don't.

there will be support for the X
  • MOnk3ySW4G
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    no worries about DICE working guys, in the meantime, what are you waiting for - here's every Xbox One X enhanced game and what features it includes (where I actually know, that is). and you can see the Battlefield 1 in 9th Place.

Agents of Mayhem - 30fps, improved resolution, traffic and pedestrians
    Age of Empires Definitive Edition
    Anthem - 4K checkerboard, 30FPS, HDR
    ARK: Survival Evolved - 1080p, 60fps, HDR
    The Artful Escape of Francis Vendetti - 4K
    Ashen- 4K, HDR
    Assassin's Creed: Origins - 4K checkerboard, 30FPS, HDR
    Astroneer - 4
    Battlefield 1
    Black Desert - 4K
    Brawlout - 4K
    Chess Ultra - 4K, HDR, 60FPS
    Code Vein
    Conan Exiles - 4K support "at a later date"
    Crackdown 3 - 4K 30FPS HDR
    Cuphead
    Dark and Light - 4K
    The Darwin Project - 4K, HDR
    Dead Rising 4 - 4K
    Deep Rock Galactic - 4K, HDR
    Destiny 2
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - HDR
    Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition
    Dishonored 2 - 4K, 30FPS
    Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
    The Division
    Doom - 4K 60FPS
    Dovetail Games Euro Fishing - 4K
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind
    Elite Dangerous - 4K
    Everspace - 4K
    The Evil Within 2 - 4K, HDR
    F1 2017 Special Edition - 4K, 60FPS, HDR Support
    Fable Fortune - 4K
    Fallout 4 - 4K, 30FPS
    Farming Simulator 17 - 4K 30FPS
    Farming Simulator 18 - 4K
    Far Cry 5
    FIFA 18 - 4K, 60FPS
    Final Fantasy 15 - 4K, HDR, 30FPS
    Firewatch
    For Honor - 4K, 30FPS
    Fortnite - 4K, HDR, 30FPS
    Forza Horizon 3 - 4K, HDR, 30FPS
    Forza Motorsport 7 - 4K, 60FPS, HDR
    Gears of War 4 - 4K/30FPS for Campaign/Horde modes, and 4K/60FPS for Versus, HDR
    Ghost Recon: Wildlands - 4K, HDR
    Ginger: Beyond The Crystal
    Gwent: The Witcher Card Game
    Halo 5: Guardians - 4K, HDR, 60FPS
    Halo Wars 2 - 4K, HDR
    Hello Neighbour - 4K
    Hitman Season 1 - 4K, HDR
    Homefront: The Revolution - 4K
    Injustice 2 - 4K, HDR
    Killer Instinct - 4K
    Killing Floor 2 - 1800p
    The Last Night - 4K, HDR
    Life is Strange: Before the Storm
    The Long Dark
    Madden NFL 18 - 4K
    Mafia 3
    Mantis Burn Racing - 4K, 60FPS
    Mass Effect: Andromeda - HDR
    Metro Exodus - 4K HDR
    Middle-earth: Shadow of War - 4K, 30 FPS, HDR
    Minecraft: Xbox One Edition - 4K, HDR, 60FPS
    Minecraft: Xbox One Edition Favorites Pack
    NBA 2K17 - HDR
    NBA 2K18 - 4K, HDR
    Need for Speed Payback
    Observer - 4K
    Ori and the Will of the Wisps - 4K
    Outlast 2 - 4K
    Paladins - 4K
    Path of Exile - 4K, 60FPS
    Playerunknown's Battlegrounds - 4K, HDR, 30FPS
    Portal Knights - 4K
    Pure Chess
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
    Project Cars 2 - 4K, 60FPS
    Quantum Break
    Raiders of the Broken Planet - 4K, HDR, 'improved visuals'
    ReCore - 4K, HDR
    Real Farm Sim
    Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
    RiME
    Riverbond - 4K
    Robocraft Infinity - 4K
    ROBLOX
    Rocket League - 4K, HDR, 60FPS
    Sea of Thieves - 4K, HDR
    Slime Rancher - 4K
    SMITE - 4K
    Sniper Elite 4
    Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 - HDR
    Sonic Forces - 4K
    Star Wars Battlefront 2
    State of Decay 2 - 4K, HDR
    Strange Brigade - 4K, HDR
    Super Lucky's Tale - 4K, 60FPS
    Steep
    SUPERHOT - 4K
    The Surge - 4K, HDR
    Skyrim: Special Edition - 4K, HDR
    Titanfall 2 - 4K, 60FPS with dynamic scaling
    Tacoma - 4K
    Tekken 7
    Unruly Heroes - 4K
    Warframe
    Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide - 4K
    We Happy Few
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - 4K
    Wolfenstein: The New Colossus - 4K, HDR
    World of Tanks - 4K, HDR, 30FPS

Regards
  • MogwaiWarrior
    967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MOnk3ySW4G wrote: »
    no worries about DICE working guys, in the meantime, what are you waiting for - here's every Xbox One X enhanced game and what features it includes (where I actually know, that is). and you can see the Battlefield 1 in 9th Place.

Regards

Like I said I have seen that list also, but looking at yesterday's list from Major Nelson it doesn't show on his list.

• nickking360
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MOnk3ySW4G wrote: »

Regards

Like I said I have seen that list also, but looking at yesterday's list from Major Nelson it doesn't show on his list.

Correct, it's not on the official list on xbox.com.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-one/xbox-one-x-enhanced-list
  • Goofy-The-Sc0t
    1214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    tbh, once i get my hands on my pre-ordered Scorpio and PUBG i can honestly see me walking away from this game for good........ it just seems to get worse with every single update :( November 7th feels like decades away though *sigh*
  • MogwaiWarrior
    GoofyMC123 wrote: »
    tbh, once i get my hands on my pre-ordered Scorpio and PUBG i can honestly see me walking away from this game for good........ it just seems to get worse with every single update :( November 7th feels like decades away though *sigh*

I still don't see the allure in PUBG? Maybe I'll have to try it to see what the big deal is? Reminds me of GTA Online.
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, if you get killed early doors then what? Do you have to find a new game or hang around for the current one to finish. Seems that unless you’re a top class player it’s going to be pretty boring.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, if you get killed early doors then what? Do you have to find a new game or hang around for the current one to finish. Seems that unless you’re a top class player it’s going to be pretty boring.

That's exactly what you have to do and it happens to several people literally every single match. It's due in part to the design flaws of starting players out with nothing, having sparce weapons available in any given area, and forcing players to spawn along a fixed route. Everyone jumps out over major buildings or complexes because they know they'll find weapons there - making the beginning of matches like that boil down to "you get the weapon first, you live".

On top of that, whether playing 1st or 3rd person, the last 15-20 players is when the match gets outrageously campy, and the last 5 people basically sit there WAITING for someone else to move, and it's usually whoever makes the boldest move first loses.

People praise PUBG like it's the next great thing, buy in reality a ton of the game boils down to luck and how long you're willing to camp.

There are individual instances of gunfights where it comes down to skill, but at least in 3rd person, most kills come from people using the 3rd person camera to cheese look around walls to spot enemies.

1st person mode makes the game a lot better in that regard, but in turn it just intensifies the camping aspect because people can no longer hide behind trees and use the camera to see around them.

All the best players play teams in first person because they all know how full of BS the base 3rd person mode is, and how much of a crutch the 3rd person camera is in that game.
  • Goofy-The-Sc0t
    1214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GoofyMC123 wrote: »

I still don't see the allure in PUBG? Maybe I'll have to try it to see what the big deal is? Reminds me of GTA Online.

Biggest game of all time on Steam and its still in early access lol. I just love the premise of it, so many ways to play and a different experience every single time due to the random weapon pickups.
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

That's exactly what you have to do and it happens to several people literally every single match. It's due in part to the design flaws of starting players out with nothing, having sparce weapons available in any given area, and forcing players to spawn along a fixed route. Everyone jumps out over major buildings or complexes because they know they'll find weapons there - making the beginning of matches like that boil down to "you get the weapon first, you live".

On top of that, whether playing 1st or 3rd person, the last 15-20 players is when the match gets outrageously campy, and the last 5 people basically sit there WAITING for someone else to move, and it's usually whoever makes the boldest move first loses.

People praise PUBG like it's the next great thing, buy in reality a ton of the game boils down to luck and how long you're willing to camp.

There are individual instances of gunfights where it comes down to skill, but at least in 3rd person, most kills come from people using the 3rd person camera to cheese look around walls to spot enemies.

1st person mode makes the game a lot better in that regard, but in turn it just intensifies the camping aspect because people can no longer hide behind trees and use the camera to see around them.

All the best players play teams in first person because they all know how full of BS the base 3rd person mode is, and how much of a crutch the 3rd person camera is in that game.

Just as I thought then,sounds very boring, I’ll give it a miss.
  • Billydoc1
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DICE said they are still working for the X support.
    No final results yet.
  • xIKillx
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2017
    Billydoc1 wrote: »
    No final results yet.

Could you provide a link to this? I've been looking cause i swear i remember something similar but can't find it!

Update: i found it. https://www.dualshockers.com/battlefield-1-name-tsar-interview-philosophy-gameplay-balance/

Relevant info in this quote, "Incidentally, DICE is currently evaluating the Xbox One X. They don’t yet know what kind of improvements they’ll implement for Microsoft’s upcoming console, but more information wil probably be shared “soon.”"
    Post edited by xIKillx on
  • Goofy-The-Sc0t
    No final results yet.

Probably make a mess of it like they seem to be doing with everything else atm
  • Billydoc1
    xIKillx wrote: »
    No final results yet.

Could you provide a link to this? I've been looking cause i swear i remember something similar but can't find it!

Update: i found it. https://www.dualshockers.com/battlefield-1-name-tsar-interview-philosophy-gameplay-balance/

Relevant info in this quote, "Incidentally, DICE is currently evaluating the Xbox One X. They don’t yet know what kind of improvements they’ll implement for Microsoft’s upcoming console, but more information wil probably be shared “soon.”"

this...no info yet...only that they are working on it
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    https://www.windowscentral.com/battlefield-1-xbox-one-x-enhancements
    Don't get your hopes up – specific Xbox One X upgrades for Battlefield 1 aren't looking likely anytime soon.
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    the game has a dynamic resolution. what's the maximum built in resolution? no one knows . it's definitely gonna hit 1080p 30fps. no word on dynamic fps as far as I've heard. but it would seem logical that if it can do it. it will do it, no enhancements needed.
  • i_Goof_i
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    https://www.windowscentral.com/battlefield-1-xbox-one-x-enhancements
    Don't get your hopes up – specific Xbox One X upgrades for Battlefield 1 aren't looking likely anytime soon.

And why should it? The game is mature enough, they should be focusing on the next battlefield installment.