Do something about camping snipers already.

Comments

• ghost_blackrose
    53 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

I strongly suspect you have never played Operations as Germany 64 player on Kaiserschlacht.[/quote]

Sure I have. I'm fact our team couldn't move past the first two flags last night on that map! But it wasn't snipers that were capturing the flags or killing everyone. It was the other team was simply better and had more people in the capture zones.

Usually can either parachute in from behind to take them out or 1 support player has 4 smoke grenades TO START WITH... 2 as grenades and 2 with the mortars. 1 support player can get you past most snipers with a line of smoke. Problem last night was the other team was better in those trenches.
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    the solution is simple really. and it's a solution that should be applied to all classes.

put a % cap on how many of any class can be on a team at any given time.

an easy number to go with would be 33% applied to All classes. test it out in cte and maybe some classes(that are not scout) may be a higher percentage but i suggest the scout class may not be more than 33% of a teams make up.

Then when I want to play scout it'll be by chance just like trying to get a tank or plane.

I'd also suggest there be an option on rented servers to turn the % cap off. this way rented servers with the cap off will be filled with snipers. enjoy

as you correctly point out, this mechanic already exist in the game. I just suggest the same mechanic be applied to all classes. if you really want to play scout you can wait it out in the death screen. or pick up a kit. 33% of 32 is also a generous number .in reality I want it capped at 3 players per team but , you know. tears

• XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2017
    OH BOY ANOTHER SALTY SCOUT THREAD, OH GEE!!!

Let the salty gods be merciful.

Oh no maps are too open. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN RUSSIA ITS MOSTLY FLAT!!!

How dare you dice for being somewhat accurate of the terrain layout in russia, HOW DARE YOU!!!! (sarcasm obviously)

WAH WAH WAH I'm mad because snipers keep shooting me...

Most of WW1 was fought with bolt action rifles. END

You all need to get you're panty's out of a bunch, get ahold of yourself. Nobody is going to design this game the way YOU like it because YOUR getting pooped on by other people. IF YOU NEED TRAINING WHEELS GO PLAY COD!!

Ain't nobody here gonna hold your hand because you suck at the game. I'M TIRED OF THE WHINNY LITTLE BABY'S who can't ADAPT to a differently play style. Instead of thinking of a new strategy you blame the game for your terrible performance.

I am getting tires of it too. And that is something hard to achieve... :) I have even started to whine around the forums...
  • Decikraytor_6
    319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The best way to deal with campers

Spot them

I noticed the spot mechanic is rarely used on. Ps4 dont know about other platforms thoigh but if you spot them someone will hopefully shoot them
  • SpeedBird219
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Adapt to the situation. If there's a lot of extra snipers, then go after them. A few people responded saying they do this, and so do I. You may not get a lot of points doing it, but you'll get lots of kills, keep the hills clear and help your team PTFO.
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There have always been useless camping scrubs, regardless of class. The upside to that, at least in this game, is that a large percentage of the snipers are just horrible. They present zero threat.
    The only time it starts to suck is when my own team fills up with these wannabe Chris Kyles & Bob Lee Swaggers. Then it's time to turn it off and play something else.
  • rakkartta
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    i play assault as my main class and have no problems with them just got to be alert smoke grenades are good that's what there there for plus nothing better than flanking sniper positions for the kill .as to large open terrain that was the first world war no mans land ? got to use any piece of cover you can hope this helps
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ok. i guess the problem is fixed now. thanks guys
  • von_Campenstein
    6618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The "problem" works itself out, I started out laying in my own filthy diapers scoping for kills but as I grew more comfortable with the game I strayed more and more from the static scoped style of play and now I feel downright ackward sporting any type of scope. I use the term diapers as most static snipers are in their Battlefield infancy and will grow out of it eventually and move on to aggressive Scout or even other classes, Medic would be my guess.
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    The "problem" works itself out, I started out laying in my own filthy diapers scoping for kills but as I grew more comfortable with the game I strayed more and more from the static scoped style of play and now I feel downright ackward sporting any type of scope. I use the term diapers as most static snipers are in their Battlefield infancy and will grow out of it eventually and move on to aggressive Scout or even other classes, Medic would be my guess.

Good way to put it.
  • illmatic868
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I will continue to camp as long as i play battlefield its not wrong.
  • plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017

I strongly suspect you have never played Operations as Germany 64 player on Kaiserschlacht.

To be clear, I am/was referring to camping snipers on ONE'S OWN SIDE, specifically if attacking, the modality I choose 75% of the time as it arguably requires a higher level of skill on Ops.

As I mentioned earlier, I couldn't care less about the composition side of the opposition as frankly their PTFO by picking us off at a distance and reducing respawns. Having played a fair chunk of my 99 rank on 64player attacking on Kaiserschlact Ops, I would suggest that the reason your team was getting held off was at least in part due to an inordinate amount of Scouts on your own team.
  • cracksteady
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

This dude above said it all.

It's so true.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    And this thread is full of one half of the community's hypocritical/redundant dislike of the Scout class that's abundantly apparent on these boards.

On one side you have people claiming all the other weapons being buffed aside from bolt-action rifles is because the Scout class is already easy as hell to play with, and using infantry rifles in CQB is too easy, or insist that Scouts that camp at ohk ranges are too powerful because of their one-shot potential.

Then you have the other half, like in this thread, claiming that Scouts camp and are worthless and cause their team to lose because over half of them are camping scouts - insisting the opposite of the other group, that Scouts need to be on objectives more and get closer so they can kill more.

So for all the seemingly and balatantly anti-sniper members of this community - which is it?

Are Scouts so horrendously ineffective that having too many on your team causes you to lose?

Or are Scouts so OP that an enemy team full of them makes it "too hard" to play the game, and the rifles are too easy to get kills with?

Because I've seen BOTH of those things being argued COPIOUSLY on this forum as well as Reddit and they both COMPLETELY contradict each other.

The best part is that those two groups of members in these communities seemingly co-exist without even realizing the others are there, or the fact that they're contradicting each other on the same subject.

The fact is that most people that argue Scouts are too easy to use are either well above-average players with well above-average aim that use the rifles and do well with them - or people who literally stand stationary out in the open or run in perfectly straight lines out in the open from objective to objective, and then complain when they get sniped because they made themselves an easy target and didn't use their brain.

And when it comes to the majority of Scouts being range campers (which even I'll admit is true), it's because of the way the game is designed.

Just look at what DICE has done to the Scout class in this game since it's release. To begin with, it was already more difficult and required substantially more skill to PTFO with the Scout class compared to every other class - now with ITNOTT coming out, they've added specializations.

There is ONE specialization in the entire game that target's a specific class' gadget - and it happens to be Inconspicuous, which targets the ONLY PTFO gadget the Scout class has available.

On top of that, the two Scout-specific specializations added literally cater to campers. One pertains to decoy, which is probably the least used gadget in the Scout class by far and is literally a tool solely useful to camping snipers - and the other is completely and utterly ineffective unless you're sitting in the same room your tripwire bombs are, otherwise you don't benefit from it's effects at all.

So not only did they add a specialization that specifically hard-counters spotting flares on objectives, but they added perks specifically for Scouts that cater to camping playstyles.

Then the icing on the cake is that they're increasing the effective range and/or the damage of every weapon type in the game aside from Scout primaries - increasing the difficulty for the average joe to PTFO with the class.

I said it already in other Scout threads, and anti-Scout guys in those threads even agreed with me, but I'll say it again:

At that point, if you want to PTFO with the Scout class, you're literally better off just running into the objective using your sidearm as a primary. You'll have a higher TTK, a higher ammo count per mag (in most cases), and a better success rate in CQB than if you were to use your actual primary weapons.

Of course, you have people saying "well, yeah, but bolt-action rifles aren't SUPPOSED to be effective in CQB" - but then those same people turn around and complain that every Scout on their team are camping in the hills.

It makes absolutely no sense.

I mean, I look around at this thread at people saying Scouts need to PTFO and stop camping, or otherwise be limited or removed - and I see (in general, not naming or pointing out anyone specific) people who can barely or not even maintain a 1KPM with bolt-action rifles, or 30% accuracy with the weapons in the game that require the most accuracy by far. People whose least used class is Scout, some of which literally don't even have 50 kills with a single rifle.

Even though I don't main Scout in this game, it still pains me to the core to see people claiming average joe Scouts in this game "need to stop camping and play the objective", when they themselves don't even play the class barely at all, let alone PTFO (effectively) while doing it.

Scouts are not the most used class in the game statistically, they do not account for more kills than other classes statistically, and they account for the least amount of accumulated points out of all 4 main classes statistically.

My hero <3

#BuffTheScoutClass
  • plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    I notice you are obviously pro-Scout class whatever the weather so to speak. Try playing Ops attacking side for a while PTFO and get back to me.

10-15/60 long range mediocre "snipers" contributing next to nothing is common, while they happily sit back and let their teammates get torn to pieces assaulting objectives while getting hit by flanking fire and "partisan" stay-behind defenders.

I can count the amount of times I've seen the periscope used even post-DLC on one hand, while the use of spotting flares to weed out stay-behind defenders seems lost on 70% of them (Amiens Ops anyone?).

Even with the new DLC assignments, the use of say tripwire incendiary or HE as was common in the early MW or Medal of Honor series to deter partisan defenders sneaking around spawn points or flanking positions seems next to zero.

Fair enough if you want to be the next retro Chris Kyle, albeit virtually, but at least contribute by spotting.

In addition, the bitter slight about Scout criticism being due to innate poor accuracy or skill is just, well a bit childish really. Run with any class long enough and you get more skilled. Cause and effect my friend.
  • SpeedBird219
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I mostly play hardcore. There are tons of scouts in there (me included) and you can play more aggressively with iron sights because you have a OHK capability as long as it's the head or torso. I think a lot of people hate scouts because of this.

However, the offset in hardcore is that scout gadgets are useless so you'll be lower on the scoreboard. As for dying when running across open ground, it's war. Figure out how to stay hidden. Use the trenches dispersed around the map as much as you can.
  • full951
    edited September 2017
    to be clear. I personally don't think scouts are OP. and I play hc almost exclusively.

much like the title of the thread states. it's camping scouts, and not just a few, on your team that make for a lame round . the dude with the long post is right, they don't get the most kills and account for the least amount of points gained for the team in most cases.

meaning the "problem" is they don't help the team enough . especially off objective

maybe give them dynamite and a close quarters weapons like they did in bf4.

but we all know that won't work . so I still suggest (note I'm not telling any of you what to do) a 33% cap of scouts for any given team make up. it wouldn't hurt to try it in cte.
  • Bossman1794
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Loqtrall

95% of Scout players are complete and utter dead weight to a team and are simply awful. They sit miles away and don't do anything because they're not good enough to actually pick up and Infantry/Carbine version and do some good with it. It's not difficult to do well with the Scout PTFO'ing IMO but 95% of the player base isn't skilled enough to or simply doesn't care and tries to hill-hump anyway.

Scouts are incredibly easy to avoid if you use your brain and don't try to run across the open flats of a map like Galicia.

It also doesn't help that as you say, recent developments are constantly pushing players towards camping even more by way of both those specializations and the proposed incoming update buffing all other weapons. That's going to make the average-bad Scout players move to an ever further distance and contribute even less again.

I'm not sure how to fix all of those issues. I've maintained for a long time that Scout caps would massively improve the quality of game-play overall but that's never going to happen because you would be driving half the player base away. It's also doesn't happen on private servers so in the end it's just a pipe-dream.

That's my take on it anyway.