This Week in Battlefield V

Tsaritsyn needs 5 flags. THE worst map in the game.

Comments

  • Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Rok73 wrote: »
    Although I still sometimes ask myself why nobody seems to get the idea of the "flank and get behind the lines" concept on Suez but instead loves getting killed at B or D a million times.
    That's because Suez, just like Brusilov and Tsaritsyn do not offer good flanking routes with good concealment and/or cover. And ofc, player incompetence is also to be blamed. But you cant blame bad mapdesign on the players.
  • JTRIV1461
    49 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    To me it is just a race to the center of the map and whomever gets B and keeps it wins the match. I dislike this map. The new maps are the best the we have so far in BF1 to me but this one is probably the worst.

    This is the way I see it as well. Both teams get their home flag, if your team holds B you typically win by a large margin holding 2 of the 3 flags. If the other team grabs your home flag it won't last because they will have people spawning at both B and the home base attacking from 2 directions. So the team holding B usually wins. I once went 12-0 with 153 resupplies camping the upper level on B. We won in dominating fashion in a very boring game.

    And I'm sure everyone has seen a team hold all 3 flags and spawn trap the other team on this map. Poor design without flanking routes makes this a bit too easy. This map definitely needs 5 flags.

    Personally I like most of the new maps. Several I play as aggressive scout with short runs diving into trenches and shell craters for cover. This definitely gives BF1 a WWI feel IMHO.
  • sfreeman73
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Tsaritsyn is the Locker/Metro of BF1. Liked them in BF4 but not so much Tsaritsyn.

    Locker/metro had more flanking opportunities than this map. Also, little spawntrapping took place in those BF4 maps. Tsaritsyn must be the worst map Ive played.

    Perhaps this map plays out better with 40p max, but since DICE does not make anything less than 64p conquest viable in the server browser, its gg.

    Well i hardly got spawn trapped in BF4 but in BF1 its happened pretty often. Mostly on this map.

    These things also occured on CTE. But DICE went ahead and released it. Along with Brusilov Suez Keep. DICE does not understand fundamentals it seems.

    I have to defend Dice on this they ran out of time to fix some of the issues yes they could have rolled back release but the community has been calling for more content for months and Dice/ea had to make the call between releasing the DLC warts and all or rolling back release toll who knows when and for me they made the right call
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To me it is just a race to the center of the map and whomever gets B and keeps it wins the match. I dislike this map. The new maps are the best the we have so far in BF1 to me but this one is probably the worst.

    Whoa there cowboy. Nothing about any of the new maps should ever be attached to the word best IMO. Maybe Albion or Volga rank among the better maps but best yeah no. I have not played Keep enough to understand everything about it. I was doing friggin' artillery on it once and it was fun, but I have no idea at this point.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well something has to be done about this map. But I think DICE does not care at this point.
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This map reminds me exactly of one of the reasons why I stopped playing COD back in the days after MW2 and switched to Battlefield. Maps basically designed as funnels, with very few routes all ending up with the same result; 2 teams meeting eachother in the middle of the map, or in the worst case a spawn trap.

    This!!^^^^
  • Squirrel_trip
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Agreed.....more flags
  • JesseA421
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    cq yes it would be nice to have 2 more flags, but it is dank on rush. yall just salty cus u cant do the normal conquest circle jerk of flag to flag with minimal blowback. i enjoy the back and forth of taking and holding B on cq now because it takes more than one squad to work together to overtake when most the opposing squad is holding it.
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    JesseA421 wrote: »
    cq yes it would be nice to have 2 more flags, but it is dank on rush. yall just salty cus u cant do the normal conquest circle jerk of flag to flag with minimal blowback. i enjoy the back and forth of taking and holding B on cq now because it takes more than one squad to work together to overtake when most the opposing squad is holding it.

    You speak of circle jerking yet you talk about playing a mode with only two objectives and not much of a choice on where to go? At least the circle jerking maps gives you multiple objectives to choose to attack/defend than 1 or 2 where it's just a chaotic speedball (paintball mode) map with the choice of where to go already made for you....
  • SDfriar
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Took me a while to appreciate this map.
  • xIKillx
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    what's wrong with galacia? My favorite map in a bf game so far.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    JesseA421 wrote: »
    cq yes it would be nice to have 2 more flags, but it is dank on rush. yall just salty cus u cant do the normal conquest circle jerk of flag to flag with minimal blowback. i enjoy the back and forth of taking and holding B on cq now because it takes more than one squad to work together to overtake when most the opposing squad is holding it.

    Yeah well Rush has nothing to do with the CQ problems.

    And, no people are "salty" because the map just sucks.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SDfriar wrote: »
    Took me a while to appreciate this map.

    This is never going to happen for a lot of people. Time has nothing to do with appreciating this pile of crap in Conquest.
  • sfreeman73
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    SDfriar wrote: »
    Took me a while to appreciate this map.

    This is never going to happen for a lot of people. Time has nothing to do with appreciating this pile of crap in Conquest.

    You're right because most players can't be bothered to do anything except rush the cap and never take the time to explore the map and discover just how tactical it truly is.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    sfreeman73 wrote: »
    Khronikos wrote: »
    SDfriar wrote: »
    Took me a while to appreciate this map.

    This is never going to happen for a lot of people. Time has nothing to do with appreciating this pile of crap in Conquest.

    You're right because most players can't be bothered to do anything except rush the cap and never take the time to explore the map and discover just how tactical it truly is.

    It isn't truly an outstanding tactical map in any way. Infantry combat is mostly open. If you save your tanks you can usually protect your home bases. Any decent team can take back their home base, leaving the center as the only other option. You are deluding yourself trying to be the contrarian here and it really has not foundation your argument... at all.

    There is nothing even remotely hard in grasping the tactics for this conquest level. You trying to make this out so just comes off as hilarious to be honest.
  • Persep0lis
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There is an easy fix for this map, and it was to make the center objective (the church) more destructible. The problem is the church largely stays intact no matter how much the tanks pound it.

    This allows players to camp all on the second floor virtually preventing waves from getting in from the entrances and the side destruction area.

    Another fix would have been to remove the second floors all together. This would make taking the objective from an entrenched team a lot easier.

    Nonetheless I find it a fun map reminds me of a little of operation locker from BF4.

    Yeah it sucks losing because you couldn't hold B (center objective).

    I also think the point system on this map is messed up, you can hold A and C but if your not holding the church it's like you don't gain as much points as the team holding B.
  • WetFishDB
    1989 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    Yeah, I'm a plus 1 for this being a good map for Conquest. Only time I've experienced a spawn **** was when I joined mid-game, and even then we were able to push out eventually and get to the enemy's home flag but without enough time to reclaim the points (at least until Dice change the CQ score mechanic).

    Basic strategy is, get B and keep your home flag. If they over-defend B, then try and get their home flag to pull some of their more switched on players away from B (as they are the ones who'll notice it being taken). When they come to you, the rest of your team then has a reasonable chance of overwhelming the remainder on B. Its a game of cat and mouse. If they don't, then you keep A & C for long enough then you will build up a big lead.

    Where teams get particularly screwed over is when they exclusively battle for B. The holding team becomes entrenched, often with nearly a third on the upper balcony (which is outside of the capture zone BTW). Eventually they'll secure the point and then start pushing the enemy's home flag - at which point it can become a ****. But it only needs one squad, or a few reasonable players to put on a strong flank to break it.

    Obviously if your team has crap tankers, and no/crap assaults then this all becomes much harder. Anti Tank mines are a must really, and although I don't use it much the rocket gun is probably a good idea - ok against tanks as its mostly out in the open, and great against campy snipers who are out of range of assault weapons.

    //

    The reason I like this map is that it actually is tactical, and much less forgiving than the bigger maps - you have to flank if you don't hold/can't capture B - as opposed to other maps where teams can zerg to keep the game relatively even etc.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Map is awful.
  • fisknyllet17
    1727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Map is awful.
    Hahaha great post!
  • Vegemite87
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't understand why 90% of players on this map have no concept of what flanking is at all... It's like the enemy home flag is non existent. Same goes for Ballroom Blitz, too many times Iv'e seen entire teams camp on C flag with no thought of attacking any other flags.. ever. What is fun about constantly running to the exact place you have died 5 times in a row to die another 5 times in a row without stopping to think "hang on, maybe I should try another route, or maybe I should spawn on that 1 squad member who keeps trying to attack enemy flags with no backup." ... Nope back to the bottleneck meatgrinder
Sign In or Register to comment.