airburst mortar is a chore!

ddarn37
115 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Trying to get the parabellum low weight..took down 1 plane with LMG already but no kills with mortar and im playing on Rush,trying to hit around telegraphs where enemy is but no luck..any suggestions?

Comments

• PackersDK
    690 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    As I say in almost all my posts on challenges: play Operations 32v32. Preferably on defense. Players bunch up on those flags like mad.

Edit; some maps/sectors are better than others. Trench maps are good.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1822 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Operation on Suez as attacker... defenders are crowded behind dunes like mondaymorning on the NY subway...
  • JesseA421
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    just grind out several rounds of supply drop. in order to burn the crate they have to literally be touching it.
  • OG-N2rock
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    JesseA421 wrote: »
    just grind out several rounds of supply drop. in order to burn the crate they have to literally be touching it.

Yes this. I got all mine in a coupld rounds of supply drop. Scouts are usually putting flares on the drops, which helps a ton.
  • H3rr_Trigg3r
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ddarn37 wrote: »
    Trying to get the parabellum low weight..took down 1 plane with LMG already but no kills with mortar and im playing on Rush,trying to hit around telegraphs where enemy is but no luck..any suggestions?

Play supply drop, mortar the enemy supply drop. Simple.
  • SDfriar
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Operations. 1 game done.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    After using the HE mortar for the DLC weapon the Airburst is a dream.
  • CanonFodder23
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just to second all the suggests for Supply Drop. Players have to be within 7m of the supplies, so use on mortar to highlight targets then drop the rest in quick succession. You should get one or two kills this way.
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Verdun is another good map to airburst at choke points....
  • ddarn37
    Thanks!
  • ElliotLH
    7727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If it helps I did the majority of mine killing people on stationary guns on Ops. The usually get spotted and quite often won't leave their gun.
  • StingX71
    812 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Take your time aiming, reticle will get smaller making your shot much more accurate. You can also fire couple rounds in quick succession if you see you're zero'd in on a good target even while in that overhead view mode.
  • Teamplay_1988
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Mortar flag c on argonne forest while the enemy is in the process of taking it.
  • ddarn37
    Like using this now..its fun being an annoyance to the other team.. especially good against tanks and snipers and playing supply drop!
  • wc138
    1109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lots of these unlocks are a chore. DICE/EA seems to get their jollies telling us the game is about teamwork, then forcing us to ignore the team and use obnoxious weapons to unlock stuff we've already paid for.

I know, I get it: "buuuuut i like having things to do!" Sure. You're special. The rest of us find this hum drum ridiculous.
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    wc138 wrote: »
    Lots of these unlocks are a chore. DICE/EA seems to get their jollies telling us the game is about teamwork, then forcing us to ignore the team and use obnoxious weapons to unlock stuff we've already paid for.

I know, I get it: "buuuuut i like having things to do!" Sure. You're special. The rest of us find this hum drum ridiculous.

I wish I had written that.......Very good summary.
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Then I guess the challenge would be to figure out how to use them in games to the benefit of the team? Such as the mortaring of rushing enemies to repel their advancement. There's a time and place for things such as this whether people want to believe it or not....
  • dfwviking
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    StingX71 wrote: »
    Take your time aiming, reticle will get smaller making your shot much more accurate. You can also fire couple rounds in quick succession if you see you're zero'd in on a good target even while in that overhead view mode.

This - if you get a hit marker you can spam the fire button and fire off multiple rounds before the target can move out of the way