The game need a sniper cap pls....

Comments

• TamKingski
    1730 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    Sound like you might like the upcoming bf1 incursions game mode op,it has exactly what your asking for,ie class restrictions.

Post edited by TamKingski on
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "Sniping in real life isn't really hard; it's all about patience more then actual marksmanship plus your spotter calls your shots"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha.........I cannot believe that anyone other than you actually believes this.

Goes to show your ignorance on the topic of 'sniping'.

Yes natural talent and marksmanship plus training is a factor but if you can't wait for a target at any time within 7 day period, crap yourself and lay in your own stool whilst still eyeing for your target well you don't have the patience to be a 'sniper'

Search up sniper vidoes on YouTube; there is one from a Canadian. He fires at two insurgents on a hill 1km+ away; shot goes low. Spotter calls and tells him to adjust; second shot higher then the first but still low of target. Meanwhile the insurgents are frankly seeking cover (not realising the sniper is higher then them and cover is useless)
    Third shot finds the mark and now having is settings he also hits the second target.

Shooting a scoped rifle isn't hard; especially a bipod with a spotter. It's the patience and ability to make that shot.
    Difference between waiting for the perfect shot and firing the second the crosshair cross the target.

Frankly it's hilarious that anyone here would call themselves a sniper just because they play a video game.

Sniping these days is hand holding at its finest anyway.

Also the irony of the psychological impact of 'snipers' in game proves that they are actually doing their job quite well
  • jsacct
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have no issue with scouts as a general rule. I think bf1 has done a good job of making high kill levels less then rewarding with points. It is true that too many scouts incurs an almost guaranteed loss do the fact they are cherry picking their kills and paying little, if any attention to the objectives. This applies to campers or scouts. I recommend leaving any where you are getting blown out or blowing out the other side. That is pretty good indicator of players just in it for kills. Head for a different game with people playing to win, not just rack up the kills. It is still possible to find players looking to play for objectives. On the other hand, my wife recently started playing and has a screen shot of taking first place in a game of front lines with zero kills while beating out several double digit kill snipers/campers. So, I usually head for a more competitive game. She enjoys the "wtf, how did you beat me with so few kills" messages she gets from those who don't understand or care how to play the game for points. Besides, if you cap the sniper slots, they will just camp out with something else. Some people enjoy getting in the fight, others just want to hang out somewhere safe and ambush.
  • full951
    2408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    It really doesnt need a cap.

If you cap one class, its only fair you cap them all.

that is a good idea. have you ever played a game called insurgency? it does just that... along with faction only weapon sets . at least the build I played in the early 2000's did. small Dev team of truly love of the game and love of making the game people. look them up.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    It really doesnt need a cap.

If you cap one class, its only fair you cap them all.

that is a good idea. have you ever played a game called insurgency? it does just that... along with faction only weapon sets . at least the build I played in the early 2000's did. small Dev team of truly love of the game and love of making the game people. look them up.

That would be pretty relevant if Insurgency was aimed at/designed for the same audience as BF at all. That game was designed and marketed at more of the Red Orchestra/ARMA type of shooter fan. The majority of BF fans I've played with or known would not enjoy that game at all and would probably be terrible at it (coming from an Insurgency fan, here)
  • full951
    2408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    true true. just an example
  • cracksteady
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Also the irony of the psychological impact of 'snipers' in game proves that they are actually doing their job quite well

Crabman I agree wholeheartedly

I'm glad dice ignores these particular crybabies ... I don't think Dice has any intention of nerfing scout rifles ... though i'm not sure whats gonna happen with the infantry variants with the upcoming weapon update (damage boost) ...
  • FPSgamer69
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 2017
    crabman169 wrote: »
    The only thing that needs a cap is these stupid threads.

Sniping in real life isn't really hard; it's all about patience more then actual marksmanship plus your spotter calls your shots

lol

i think every squad should have 1 player in any class

• WorldconTROLL
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You do realize that even today sept 25 17% of kills are from the scout class and it is currently less used than assault and medic class right?
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BF1 sniping is easier because of the magic OHK mechanic. Dice is giving this class a 40 meter OHK zone in which bullets have more stopping power away from the muzzle than they should. This promotes players sitting away from an objective to get the bonus. Most players cannot even see or spot a sniper at 80+ meters. I would say that in Core the average range for engagements is less than 40 meters even with the long range Scout included. All the other weapons seemed nerfed in comparison to this. The LMG's seem to have taken the worst of the nerfing. (Although, there is talk of fixing this)
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Goes to show your ignorance on the topic of 'sniping'.

Yes natural talent and marksmanship plus training is a factor but if you can't wait for a target at any time within 7 day period, crap yourself and lay in your own stool whilst still eyeing for your target well you don't have the patience to be a 'sniper'

Because watching a youtube video makes you an expert. Have you actually talked to someone that has taken the training to be a sniper? Its not easy. Unless of course you watch youtube.
  • buddyboy911
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Funny people have it so wrong bf4 had like zero bullet drop compared to bf1. Bf4 was like a laser a thousand meters out, in bf1 good luck getting anything over 300 meters.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    Bullet drop was slightly under 10 m/s squared for BF4. BF1 is about 12. BF1 has a drag coefficient, I am not sure what effect that really has compared with BF4.
  • HandsomeBearCub
    280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CroDanZ wrote: »
    ofc 60% of the team and enemy players are sniper. -.-
    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/insights In the dropdown menu, choose time spent. If we check the current statistic and add SMG and shotgun together we get;
    1. Assault(SMG+Shotgun): 26.9%
    2. Scout(Rifle): 21.1%
    3. Medic(SLR): 18.2%
    4. Support(LMG): 14.7%
    -
    So here we see by pure time spent on main weapons that we actually have more Assault players than Scout players. These statistics are pulled largely from the Conquest gamemode, as you can see in the gamemode piechart to the right, simply becuase most players play Conquest.
    -
    If you now go to kills in the dropdown menu you'll find that we get this;
    1. Assault(SMG+Shotgun): 26.9%
    2. Medic(SLR): 16.9%
    3. Scout(Rifle): 15.7%
    4. Support(LMG): 12%
    -
    Note that gadget kills are at 7.7% and my guess is that assaults contribute most to that number with AT-Grenades/Rockets and Mines while support helps out with their Crossbow grenades and Mortars, medic to a small extent with Grenade launcher. The gadgets that contribute the least are probably dynamite, k-bullet, limpet charge and tripwire. Anyway, we see that the assault class is pulling ahead on both time played and actually getting kills even if we ignore gadgets.
    -
    Conclusion: If any class needs a cap, according to your logic, it's the assault class.
    -
    I would also strongly contest your notion that "Regardless of skill level, Rifles are really easy to get headshots with in bf1". It's not "easy" to get headshots on any moving target, especially at a range. If you often find yourself standing still and getting headshot by scouts I would recommend moving more, using more cover/smoke grenades, consider your positioning overall and spot enemy scouts so that your teams scouts can countersnipe them easier.
    -
    If you're talking about games where one team is completely stomping the other team and pushing them back to their base, yes you'll see more use of rifles becuase they can actually get some kills in that scenario while CQ weapons like SMG and Shotguns are at a massive disadvantage. So in that scenario you really wanna blame team balance and/or map layout rather than the scout class.
  • rock1obsta
    3791 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Funny people have it so wrong bf4 had like zero bullet drop compared to bf1. Bf4 was like a laser a thousand meters out, in bf1 good luck getting anything over 300 meters.

Nope. Dead wrong. Did you even play 4? Bullet drop was severe due to much lower bullet velocity. BF1 is a laser, BF4 is an underhand softball pitch.
  • Cisco5555
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2017
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    And here we find the one-half of the regular forumfield sniper conundrum - one half saying that sniping is too easy and the enemy team having too many snipers makes playing hard, and the other half saying that snipers can't kill anything and having too many on THEIR team causes them to lose.

Why make a fourth class if you're just going to limit it? It may as well not even be a fully playable class at that point, and would be more along the lines of cavalry. And then you have the huge possibility of all the sniper slots on your team being taken up by people that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if they were inside the barn. It also increases the possibility of quitters because people will join wanting to snipe and won't be able to (that happens in games like Insurgency and Red Orchestra ALL the time).

Anybody care to explain where sniping in BF1 is inherently "easier" than in past games outside of a specific rifle's OHK range?

Because in CQB it's ultimately harder than in BC2, BF3, and BF4 - you have no OHK range in CQB with any rifle, whereas past games have had OHK ranges from 12m to 20m(BC2). Past around 300m, sniping gets inherently harder in BF1 than it was in BF4, because of the added mechanic of bullet drag, which slows your round down the further it flies through the air, which steeply increases it's drop while simultaneously causing the need for even more adjustment for leading your target than in past games.

Whereas in past games, bolt-action rifle rounds traveled the same velocity and had the same basic drop arc no matter where you were shooting from or how far your bullet had to travel.

People who think this game has "less" bullet drop are ignorant of the actual statistics of the rifles. BF1 has the exact same bullet drop stats per rifle as BF3 and BF4 (they use the actual force of gravity in every game) - what you think is "less drop" is actually "more velocity".

That change was due in part to the fact that in BC2, BF3, and BF4, bolt-action rifle rounds traveled so comically slowly, that at a certain range, you could literally SIDE STEP a sniper's round. You could see it coming and have enough hang time to be able to dodge a bullet shot from a high powered rifle only a few hundred meters away.

The bottom line is: despite the fact that rifles have increased velocity and their OHK ranges were pushed out to medium-long range, the majority of people who play Scout in this game still can't hit targets for anything. I've looked at a myriad of player's stats that have posted on this forum (specifically on topics of bolt-action rifles) and the majority of them can't even maintain above and average 25% accuracy with rifles as a whole.

I can post a video of me avoiding being killed by a sniper in the open desert between G and A on Sinai with zero cover around me, simply by running in circles.

Like I said, there's an entire chunk of this community that complain snipers are worthless because they just camp and never kill anything so having too many on your team will cause you to lose - and then they do a complete 180 and start posting about how enemy teams full of snipers just tear them to shreds because sniping is so easy.

No matter the iteration of Battlefield, snipers have been complain about in BF communities (not just Battlelog or this forum) since earlier games in the franchise. I know for a fact that snipers were complained about extensively on Battlelog during the BF3 and BF4 days for the exact same reason snipers are complained about in this game. In this game people complain the OHK sweet spot makes sniping too easy - in BF4 people called sniper rifles "ghetto shotguns" because their 0-12.5m OHK range made them "too easy" to use in CQB.

This community has shown time and time again that no matter how you implement bolt-action rifles into these games, people will always find a reason to complain about them being "too good" or "too easy" in some way until bolt-action rifles have zero OHK capability beyond headshots, do 25% damage on limb shots, and are completely and utterly noncompetitive at anything aside from sitting 500m away from the action/objective.

I mean, really - there are people on this forum who are perfectly fine with machine guns that fire 500RPM with dozens of rounds killing people in 4 shots, while it simultaneously takes two rounds to the same section of a player's body to kill them with a bolt-action rifle that shoots 10x slower and has 10x less rounds per mag.

There are people okay with the RSC being able to two-shot people up to 70m with the new balance pass in the CTE, while many rifles in this game require the same bullets to kill within the RSC's normal effective range and fire 2x slower with the same magazine size.

How anyone can think that's balanced is beyond me. There are people in this community that are obviously biased against Scouts and will argue any negative point about them, no matter how illogical it may be.

So...do you like to write books?
  • HandsomeBearCub
    280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    rock1obsta wrote: »

Nope. Dead wrong. Did you even play 4? Bullet drop was severe due to much lower bullet velocity. BF1 is a laser, BF4 is an underhand softball pitch.
    Bullet drop:
    Bf1: 12 m/s² on all rifles.
    Bf4: 6 to 9.81m/s²
    Muzzle Velocity:
    Bf1: 440-880m/s
    Bf4: 520-650m/s
    Include drag coeff in bf1 and they're not as far apart as you seem to imagine when you approach 200+ meters. Around 100 meters and less bf1 rifles are much faster, yes.
    This is according to Symthic.com
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    *clears throat*

Scout kiiillllllleeeddddd meeeeeee! :'(
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cisco5555 wrote: »

giphy.gif
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    Cisco5555 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    And here we find the one-half of the regular forumfield sniper conundrum - one half saying that sniping is too easy and the enemy team having too many snipers makes playing hard, and the other half saying that snipers can't kill anything and having too many on THEIR team causes them to lose.

Why make a fourth class if you're just going to limit it? It may as well not even be a fully playable class at that point, and would be more along the lines of cavalry. And then you have the huge possibility of all the sniper slots on your team being taken up by people that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if they were inside the barn. It also increases the possibility of quitters because people will join wanting to snipe and won't be able to (that happens in games like Insurgency and Red Orchestra ALL the time).

Anybody care to explain where sniping in BF1 is inherently "easier" than in past games outside of a specific rifle's OHK range?

Because in CQB it's ultimately harder than in BC2, BF3, and BF4 - you have no OHK range in CQB with any rifle, whereas past games have had OHK ranges from 12m to 20m(BC2). Past around 300m, sniping gets inherently harder in BF1 than it was in BF4, because of the added mechanic of bullet drag, which slows your round down the further it flies through the air, which steeply increases it's drop while simultaneously causing the need for even more adjustment for leading your target than in past games.

Whereas in past games, bolt-action rifle rounds traveled the same velocity and had the same basic drop arc no matter where you were shooting from or how far your bullet had to travel.

People who think this game has "less" bullet drop are ignorant of the actual statistics of the rifles. BF1 has the exact same bullet drop stats per rifle as BF3 and BF4 (they use the actual force of gravity in every game) - what you think is "less drop" is actually "more velocity".

That change was due in part to the fact that in BC2, BF3, and BF4, bolt-action rifle rounds traveled so comically slowly, that at a certain range, you could literally SIDE STEP a sniper's round. You could see it coming and have enough hang time to be able to dodge a bullet shot from a high powered rifle only a few hundred meters away.

The bottom line is: despite the fact that rifles have increased velocity and their OHK ranges were pushed out to medium-long range, the majority of people who play Scout in this game still can't hit targets for anything. I've looked at a myriad of player's stats that have posted on this forum (specifically on topics of bolt-action rifles) and the majority of them can't even maintain above and average 25% accuracy with rifles as a whole.

I can post a video of me avoiding being killed by a sniper in the open desert between G and A on Sinai with zero cover around me, simply by running in circles.

Like I said, there's an entire chunk of this community that complain snipers are worthless because they just camp and never kill anything so having too many on your team will cause you to lose - and then they do a complete 180 and start posting about how enemy teams full of snipers just tear them to shreds because sniping is so easy.

No matter the iteration of Battlefield, snipers have been complain about in BF communities (not just Battlelog or this forum) since earlier games in the franchise. I know for a fact that snipers were complained about extensively on Battlelog during the BF3 and BF4 days for the exact same reason snipers are complained about in this game. In this game people complain the OHK sweet spot makes sniping too easy - in BF4 people called sniper rifles "ghetto shotguns" because their 0-12.5m OHK range made them "too easy" to use in CQB.

This community has shown time and time again that no matter how you implement bolt-action rifles into these games, people will always find a reason to complain about them being "too good" or "too easy" in some way until bolt-action rifles have zero OHK capability beyond headshots, do 25% damage on limb shots, and are completely and utterly noncompetitive at anything aside from sitting 500m away from the action/objective.

I mean, really - there are people on this forum who are perfectly fine with machine guns that fire 500RPM with dozens of rounds killing people in 4 shots, while it simultaneously takes two rounds to the same section of a player's body to kill them with a bolt-action rifle that shoots 10x slower and has 10x less rounds per mag.

There are people okay with the RSC being able to two-shot people up to 70m with the new balance pass in the CTE, while many rifles in this game require the same bullets to kill within the RSC's normal effective range and fire 2x slower with the same magazine size.

How anyone can think that's balanced is beyond me. There are people in this community that are obviously biased against Scouts and will argue any negative point about them, no matter how illogical it may be.

You should see his romantic novels