The game need a sniper cap pls....

Comments

• Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You should see his romantic novels
    I'm the main character in all of them
  • rock1obsta
    3803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    Funny people have it so wrong bf4 had like zero bullet drop compared to bf1. Bf4 was like a laser a thousand meters out, in bf1 good luck getting anything over 300 meters.

Nope. Dead wrong. Did you even play 4? Bullet drop was severe due to much lower bullet velocity. BF1 is a laser, BF4 is an underhand softball pitch.
    Bullet drop:
    Bf1: 12 m/s² on all rifles.
    Bf4: 6 to 9.81m/s²
    Muzzle Velocity:
    Bf1: 440-880m/s
    Bf4: 520-650m/s
    Include drag coeff in bf1 and they're not as far apart as you seem to imagine when you approach 200+ meters. Around 100 meters and less bf1 rifles are much faster, yes.
    This is according to Symthic.com

Man, I can remember tryin to snipe in 4, & having to aim 2-3 dots above a guys head. More or less depending on distance.
    When I'd try in 1, I could aim at the head from any distance.
  • DingoKillr
    3514 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Funny people have it so wrong bf4 had like zero bullet drop compared to bf1. Bf4 was like a laser a thousand meters out, in bf1 good luck getting anything over 300 meters.

Nope. Dead wrong. Did you even play 4? Bullet drop was severe due to much lower bullet velocity. BF1 is a laser, BF4 is an underhand softball pitch.
    Bullet drop:
    Muzzle Velocity:
    Include drag coeff in bf1 and they're not as far apart as you seem to imagine when you approach 200+ meters. Around 100 meters and less bf1 rifles are much faster, yes.
    Agree, but some don't get. When you factor in hitbox size sniping at distance is not that easy.

The difference in these figures changes the curves and lead times a lot
    BF1 velocity means less leading on anything under 300m but with the drag coefficient and gravity(bullet drop) anything over 300m is going down exponential, so leading gets even harder.
    BF4 velocity means more lead time it has no impact from drop only distance limited by TTL. Drop in BF4 was less and more like a gentle curve thus making lead shots at distance easy.

So what you get is BF4 bullet could travel much further than BF1 that was only really limited by the Velocity and TTL. BF1 bullets will not travel great distances because of the drag which is limited to about 700m how close to that point depends on velocity and gravity.

What players see -
    BF4 100m no drop, 300m bullet slight drop, 700m bullet drop, 1000m bullet drop, 3000m bullet drop
    BF1 100m no drop, 300m bullet slight drop, 700m max limit reach for firing straight. To reach beyond 700m you need to fire much higher that you are no long looking at the target.

• HandsomeBearCub
    280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    Man, I can remember tryin to snipe in 4, & having to aim 2-3 dots above a guys head. More or less depending on distance.
    No Rifle in BF1 will let you aim directly at the head to hit the head at any distance. If you seriously think you're right about that just join some random Sinai Desert map, choose the Gewehr 98 sniper or the M1903 sniper(both are superior at range to any other sniper variants in my experience) plant yourself at the mountain next to the B flag, or the rock formation on the F flag. Try to aim at the heads of stationary enemies at the D flag and see what happens...or just go onto an empty server and aim at the train carts/whatever.
    Edit: Actually I did it for you. The Gewehr 98, highest Muzzle Velocity in BF1. Bullet drop for 186m: https://imgur.com/a/4lRPK
    Post edited by HandsomeBearCub on
  • DingoKillr
    3514 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No Rifle in BF1 will let you aim directly at the head to hit the head at any distance. If you seriously think you're right about that just join some random Sinai Desert map, choose the Gewehr 98 sniper or the M1903 sniper(both are superior at range to any other sniper variants in my experience) plant yourself at the mountain next to the B flag, or the rock formation on the F flag. Try to aim at the heads of stationary enemies at the D flag and see what happens...or just go onto an empty server and aim at the train carts/whatever.

I think this proves bullet drop in BF1 if I am reading right it is 785m or 735m look how high the sniper is and how far above he still need to aim.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Battlefield/status/912734388932300800/video/1

At that distances in BF4 was easy.
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nice Kopftreeferb bonus :D
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Bullet drop:
    Muzzle Velocity:

My longest headshot in bf1 is about 300 meters... i have to like aim 1 cm higher...
    There is drop... the maps in bf1 are just alot smaller.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    For those talking about bullet drop, there is huge drop at long range, now most of us won't engage from this distance, but even at a more acceptable scoped range there is a fair amount of drop. Watch how huge the drop is in this clip.

• HandsomeBearCub
    280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    I think this proves bullet drop in BF1 if I am reading right it is 785m or 735m look how high the sniper is and how far above he still need to aim.

I personally have barely played Bf4, just a handful of round but it's obvious with minimal effort to see that Bf1 doesn't have "lazer bullet" rifles...
    -
    Here's two videos to compare:
    Bf1 772m - Bf4 730m
    http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEY65vgvBIc&start1=18&video2=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E3q4egbh4E&start2=6&authorName=
    Note the travel time is about half in Bf4 but it's only 42 meters shorter, lol. Not sure what weapon he's using in Bf4 but in the Bf1 clip the Gewehr 98 is used.
    -
    Edit: Also consider that Bf4s longest headshot is like 3k meters while the current bf1 longest is 1.1k, the clear difference in map size might be the reason why people think bf1 has comparatively low bullet drop at long range.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »

I personally have barely played Bf4, just a handful of round but it's obvious with minimal effort to see that BF1 doesn't have "lazer bullet" rifles...
    -
    Here's two videos to compare:
    Bf1 772m - Bf4 730m
    http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEY65vgvBIc&start1=18&video2=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E3q4egbh4E&start2=6&authorName=
    Note the travel time is about half in Bf4 but it's only 42 meters shorter, lol. Not sure what weapon he's using in BF4 but in the BF1 clip the Gewehr 98 is used.

Gotta be the sr61.
  • rock1obsta
    3803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Edit: Actually I did it for you. The Gewehr 98, highest Muzzle Velocity in BF1. Bullet drop for 186m: https://imgur.com/a/4lRPK

I'll take your word for it. I won't tolerate BF1. Haven't been able to for some time. Thing is, I distinctly remember, and can still find vids on YouTube of long range sniping in 4, where you can see quite an arc in the round as it travels to its target. I just don't see that in 1. Probably dye to smaller maps as someone else pointed out.

I completely disagree in terms of difficulty sniping between the 2. In 4 it was damn near impossible for me to do it. The couple times i tried in 1, it seemed markedly easier.
  • -Antares65z
    1637 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    How anyone can think that's balanced is beyond me. There are people in this community that are obviously biased against Scouts and will argue any negative point about them, no matter how illogical it may be.

Most complaining about the sniping are COD gamestyle noobs who like to run and gun and spray and pray. They don't differentiate between getting sniped by a hill humper and getting outplayed by an aggressive scout who is PTFO. They lack the skill to effectively use bolt rifles and thus rail against individuals who are kicking their ****. Its funny how no one complains about the glut of LMG noobs, in particular the growing number of LMG hill humpers sniping.
  • IllIllIII

I'll take your word for it. I won't tolerate BF1. Haven't been able to for some time. Thing is, I distinctly remember, and can still find vids on YouTube of long range sniping in 4, where you can see quite an arc in the round as it travels to its target. I just don't see that in 1. Probably dye to smaller maps as someone else pointed out.

I completely disagree in terms of difficulty sniping between the 2. In 4 it was damn near impossible for me to do it. The couple times i tried in 1, it seemed markedly easier.

It's all in the maps..
  • rock1obsta
    IllIllIII wrote: »

It's all in the maps..

You're probably right.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    How anyone can think that's balanced is beyond me. There are people in this community that are obviously biased against Scouts and will argue any negative point about them, no matter how illogical it may be.

Most complaining about the sniping are COD gamestyle noobs who like to run and gun and spray and pray. They don't differentiate between getting sniped by a hill humper and getting outplayed by an aggressive scout who is PTFO. They lack the skill to effectively use bolt rifles and thus rail against individuals who are kicking their ****. Its funny how no one complains about the glut of LMG noobs, in particular the growing number of LMG hill humpers sniping.

I've seen people argue that they're absolutely amazing in CQB, and I've seen people argue they're broke OP at OHK ranges, as well as people who claim they're just OP at all ranges and need to be nerfed/removed/limited outright.

But the funniest thing of all that no matter which of those groups you may or may not take part in, ALL of them are full of people that will turn around after claiming bolt-action rifles are OP in some way, and claim that having 10 snipers on their team caused them to lose.

Then that brings me to the other side of the community that rags on snipers: The people that claim Scouts in this game are the most worthless thing in the world, never contribute, and only help their team lose.

Those two groups (the snipers are worthless guys and the snipers are OP guys) seemingly live in harmony in this community and seemingly don't even realize one another exist or the fact they completely contradict each other.

Hell, some people won't even admit or acknowledge the fact that in one thread they claimed snipers were OP at OHK range, and then turn around in another thread and claim their teams lose all the time because snipers are worthless.

Soon after the new balance pass hits the full game (has to be next month), we're only going to see a lot of snipers back off, and the campers will start to camp even harder. It seems DICE is essentially trying to erase Scout from objective zones aside from those who have way too much time to put into a game in order to practice one of the most abysmally un-fun playstyles to be just starting out at.
  • HandsomeBearCub
    edited September 2017

You don't have to take my word for it, just check video comparison link in my last post. It's clear that what's considered extreme range sniping in Bf1 is not extreme in Bf4. Bf1 seem to have faster rifle rounds at short range sniping(0-200m?). I also never claimed that it was more or less difficult in Bf1 vs Bf4- as stated in my last post I don't have enough experience in Bf4 to say either way.
  • rock1obsta

You don't have to take my word for it, just check video comparison link in my last post. It's clear that what's considered extreme range sniping in Bf1 is not extreme in Bf4. Bf1 seem to have faster rifle rounds at short range sniping(0-200m?). I also never claimed that it was more or less difficult in Bf1 vs Bf4- as stated in my last post I don't have enough experience in Bf4 to say either way.

My bad, i thought you we're the guy I responded to first.

On a side note, if you have BF4 you should play a bit more. It's amazing. If you play on Xbox one you can even play 3. It's the best out of the last 3 Battlefields made, at least imho it is.
  • HandsomeBearCub
    edited September 2017

On a side note, if you have BF4 you should play a bit more. It's amazing. If you play on Xbox one you can even play 3. It's the best out of the last 3 Battlefields made, at least imho it is.
    Bf3 was the last MP shooter I played actually. I started playing CS sometime before 1.6 and a lot during that patch, on PC, I then went on to play a lot of Halo on consoles before Bf3. Was playing a lot of WoW inbetween and picked up Bf1 on PC at launch ^^ You should've seen me when I started playing Bf1, I was the hill humper everyone is hating on these days...everyone has to start somewhere.
    -
    I'm having a lot of fun trying to get decent at mid-close range PTFO sniping ATM. It's quite a challenge and I think the next weapon balance patch will make it harder still. The problem with jumping into an older game is that most who still play it will be waaaaay better than me (:
  • ashar_saleem121
    1207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Loqtrall well said mate. No matter the weapon, people will always complain when they get killed by something. Because that's normal human reaction, to be upset when someone beats you.

No one ever thinks, hey, maybe I was late on the draw, maybe I missed him, maybe the other guy is better than me, maybe he got lucky. Everyone immediately jumps to "This weapon/class is OP and easy mode and takes no skill" and on and on.
  • rock1obsta

Bf3 was the last MP shooter I played actually. I started playing CS sometime before 1.6 and a lot during that patch, on PC, I then went on to play a lot of Halo on consoles before Bf3. Was playing a lot of WoW inbetween and picked up Bf1 on PC at launch ^^ You should've seen me when I started playing Bf1, I was the hill humper everyone is hating on these days...everyone has to start somewhere.
    -
    I'm having a lot of fun trying to get decent at mid-close range PTFO sniping ATM. It's quite a challenge and I think the next weapon balance patch will make it harder still. The problem with jumping into an older game is that most who still play it will be waaaaay better than me (:

Been there before, man. I cut my online teeth on MW3. Going to Battlefield was quite the jump in difficulty. I don't regret it for a second.