The game need a sniper cap pls....

Comments

• Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    I'll say it once and I'll say it again - I guarantee that in the 15 years this franchise has existed DICE has tried and tested class limits, and if DICE (you know, the people that make the game) thought class caps were a good idea, they would have been made an intensic part of the game YEARS Ago.

The fact of the matter is that Battlefield is one of the only hyper popular AAA class-based FPS games on the market today because it allows people to play essentially however they want.

Name me one class-based shooter with limited classes released in the past decade that's as popular as BF. I'll be waiting.
    Post edited by Loqtrall on
  • FightinFinn187
    722 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2017

Loqtrall wrote: »
    I'll say it once and I'll say it again - I guarantee that in the 15 years this franchise has existed DICE has tried and tested class limits, and if DICE (you know, the people that make the game) thought class caps were a good idea, they would have been made an intensic part of the game YEARS Ago.

The fact of the matter is that Battlefield is one of the only hyper popular AAA class-based GPS games on the market today because it allows people to play essentially however they want.

Name me one class-based shooter with limited classes released in the past decade that's as popular as BF1. I'll be waiting.

Amen!
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    Danebrain wrote: »
    As a server option i think its cool for private servers, but i dont really miss it. But yes sometimes can the amount of snipers or good snipers annoying if you're in a badspot. But then its time to do something about the snipers. Bring mortar, shoot them from the roofs, rocket guns, smoke, take a plane, take a lmg with scope, and supress them as hell.

Mortar is basically unusable because if you can get close enough to mortar (you have to be within about 60 feet) then just go the extra distance and knife them and get more satisfaction.
    When there are too many snipers, one is tempted to use the AT Rocket gun for long range luck.. and its often better to just leave that server. I have left games where we were winning by a large margin, but because it is an un-fun snipe fest I left.
    My K/D is upside down, the sniper's K/D is 5.00 and yet my team will win and theirs will lose, but boy oh boy their precious K/D looks good.

It's also amusing to see those goofballs who fly around in a plane dogfighting when we have every single flag--why are they still flying in planes trying to go 56-1 while their team is struggling to capture a flag? It's pure selfishness. Same with most snipers and Arty-truck farmers.

Also, preventing people from sitting in the spawn and either sniping or camping with a vehicle would be an easy fix for DICE to implement.. just start a countdown timer for people to leave their safe-zone (same as the countdown timer for an enemy who enters the other team's spawn area) it would be like saying "Go to war or go to jail" Maybe give them 30 seconds to leave instead of the current 10 seconds out of combat area count-down.

There is a concept in real-life combat where, if an enemy is firing at you from inside an otherwise safe area like a church, then all bets are off and you can engage them. But DICE has made the enemy untouchable when they fire out of their spawn area. We can't go in and get to them. It's like they are shooting from within a church and we can't go after them.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    I am mainly scout.
    If i would join a server that has reached the max snipers i would choose either support or medic, whatever suites me for the map.

What do you think the hardcore hillhumper will do?
    He/she keeps searching for a server with an open scout slot, which will result in server with only himllhumping scouts.
    Because the hillhumpers as we know them will not choose any other class above their save in the distance weapon.
  • rock1obsta
    3791 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Any limit is bad. You can't start limiting just because people play in a way you don't like. I don't like campers either, but I won't support a limit on them.
    If they do it one time, it will start carrying over to other stuff.
    "Assault has too many AT grenades, limit them," "grenade rifle has too many rounds, take some away," etc etc.
    Any limit is just a crap idea.
  • Granathar
    249 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2017
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    Any limit is bad. You can't start limiting just because people play in a way you don't like. I don't like campers either, but I won't support a limit on them.
    "Assault has too many AT grenades, limit them," "grenade rifle has too many rounds, take some away," etc etc.

No it's not. For how many years are there limits for vehicles that did not escalate further, huh? You did not make any valid point with this commentary WHY this is bad. And I say that Battlefield games should be prohibited, because people shoot other virtual people, but their thirst for blood will raise (I don't know WHY, I just KNOW IT) - and finally they will start massacring real people with bayonet charge, just like they did in game! See? THIS is your logic.

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/30/Appeal-to-Extremes
  • rock1obsta
    3791 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    Granathar wrote: »

No it's not. For how many years are there limits for vehicles that did not escalate further, huh? You did not make any valid point with this commentary WHY this is bad. And I say that Battlefield games should be prohibited, because people shoot other virtual people, but their thirst for blood will raise (I don't know WHY, I just KNOW IT) - and finally they will start massacring real people with bayonet charge, just like they did in game! See? THIS is your logic.

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/30/Appeal-to-Extremes

No its not. Your poor examples are extreme to say the least. Besides, it's been proven time and again that video games don't contribute to someone else's homicidal mentality except for extreme cases where the person is already defective.

As to your claim about vehicles, I would think it rather obvious. If there weren't a limit on vehicles it would devolve into a completely different game than what DICE intended.
    Nice try though.
  • Granathar
    As to your claim about vehicles, I would think it rather obvious.

It's just as obvious as role limits. Who needs 20/32 scouts in a team? Nobody! It's obvious! You have no single valid argument against it, only fear of further escalation.

• IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017

It's just as obvious as role limits. Who needs 20/32 scouts in a team? Nobody! It's obvious! You have no single valid argument against it, only fear of further escalation.

It might have been said before, but you know 20 scouts in a team isnt that common.
    And out of those 20 there might be 10 snipers, which actaully are the hillhumpers.
    Statistically every team has max 6~7 scouts ( not even snipers).
  • Kattegat_Twin
    758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The fact of the matter is that Battlefield is one of the only hyper popular AAA class-based FPS games on the market today because it allows people to play essentially however they want.

Name me one class-based shooter with limited classes released in the past decade that's as popular as BF. I'll be waiting.

I can't think of any. In RS2: Vietnam (which is pretty niche compared to BF), classes are limited. It kinda works in that game, but at the same time, it's really frustrating if you want to play sniper and in a week of playing for a couple of hours each night, not once is there an open sniper slot... As someone who likes to constantly switch between every available class, no matter what the game, having certain classes limited (and hogged by selfish people) isn't ideal.

Anyway, even if they did limit snipers in BF1, which I hope they don't, the crybabies would just find another play style to rage at. So sick of this "My ego can't handle being killed" attitude.

• von_Campenstein
    6565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    olavafar wrote: »
    I did some research, I understand now why OP is mad. Someone has to be cannon fodder.

Hahahaha! I want bullet drop on GAS damit! Stays in the air much too long.

Weather affecting gas would be ace.
  • rock1obsta

Lol....ok sport. I already gave it to you. Twice now. Keep plugging your ears and singing "I can't hear you."
    You just need to learn how to deal or quit.
    There is no limit now, there won't be in the future. If DICE was gonna do it, it would have been done long before BF1. People like you have been sniveling for a limit for as long as it's been a series.
    They aren't listening.
  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I would love to have a "Skill" class system. The best K/D-SPM-Win/Lose players are named Squad leaders and they have to decide the Class of the players that dont have enough Skill of each Squad. And they have to follow orders.
    Now extrapolate to the usuall "Sniper Cap" issue.
  • full951
    2422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well, the argument of those in favour of a limit is pretty much: "I want them to limit YOUR class and YOUR playstyle; but hey, don't you even put a finger on mine".

did you read my suggestion of 33% cap...for all classes?
  • full951
    2422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017

none. but that's a good point. BF is popular, and if any franchise can successfully pull it off, it's battlefield.

sounds like we're not including R6 or OW in the classed based shooter catagory? not enough players in a round to compare ?
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »

none. but that's a good point. BF is popular, and if any franchise can successfully pull it off, it's battlefield.

sounds like we're not including R6 or OW in the classed based shooter catagory? not enough players in a round to compare ?

At this stage in Battlefield's lifecycle, considering it has now risen to being one of the two most popular multiplayer AAA FPS titles in the gaming industry, I very highly doubt they could successfully pull off setting class limits seeing as there is a well established fanbase that has been playing upward of 15 years of Battlefield with zero class limits, to the point that "play however you want" has essentially become Battlefield's mantra.

Also, I'd hardly consider OW or R6 (both games I've owned and played extensively) to be "class based". They're more based around Characters or Operators and how different combinations of said characters/operators can be used to gain various advantages, and those characters/operators rely heavily (for the most part, especially in OW) on their special abilities/gadgets to actually set them apart from one another. Especially in Rainbow Six, if you take away the different Operator gadgets, you're left with a shallow game of Zone Capture/Hostage Rescue where everyone's just camping with shotguns and smgs.

The closest I'd come to comparing something in the FPS genre to Battlefield released recently would be Planetside 2 and Heroes & Generals, neither of which are remotely as popular as BF, and both of which are essentially P2W games to the core (because of their F2P model). Both those games have the combined arms, large maps, multi-class combat like BF - but neither of them have caps on classes or weapon types.

If I had to pick the most comparable FPS with class limits, it'd have to be Red Orchestra 2 and the new Red Orchestra. I'd specifically like to reference RO2 which many people bring up when it comes to "games that successfully pull off sniper limits" by reminding everyone that RO2 also had standard issue bolt-action rifles that OHK'd to the chest at almost any range. But still, the Red Orchestra franchise is closer to the milsim side of FPS, and hasn't come close to the success of the BF franchise.

I couldn't see limiting classes being an overwhelmingly positive feature when it comes to how the community would react to it. I don't think many would appreciate suddenly not being able to play their preferred class in a game that they otherwise could do so for the past several years.

Like I said - Class limits would be a CRUCIAL change to this franchise, so if class limits were going to be implemented into this franchise, it would have happened already. The only way I could see a change that drastic happening is if another developer ended up taking over the franchise and DICE moved on to something else, much like 343 Industries took over Halo after Bungie left it behind, thus changing the franchise drastically with Halo 4 and specifically Halo 5.
  • full951
    edited September 2017
    I'm not even done reading and rolling on the floor man. I knew your response would be long winded but hot damn. pretend it's a tweet every once in a while .

I don't know if you can tell but I put that second part about comparing R6 and OW because I knew you'd have have something to say about it
  • Supraturismo
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    People play the game how they want to play. Forcing them to play differently to how they are accustomed won't end well for the game I'd imagine unless this change was implemented at the game's launch/development.
    I play scout class with the trusty martini, more a run and gun play style which is by no means easy. This is how I like to play, the automatic weapons feel too OP and there's a certain satisfaction from head-shotting someone through iron sights across the map.
  • Granathar
    edited September 2017
    full951 wrote: »
    did you read my suggestion of 33% cap...for all classes?

They don't even read what we write and they don't even try to understand that 33% cap is only limiting pathologic situations, because in 95% of games nobody would even notice that there is any cap. This is interesting how irrationally frightened of any change can human being be. And the argument "BF is popular because you can play however you want!" is simply untrue. Can I use tank on ALL maps? Can I use them ALL the time? Can I use heavy tank on Volga River? No, I can't. DICE PLZ FIX I CAN'T PLAY THE GAME THE WAY I WANT BUUUUU!!!11 RULES are part of ANY game. When we get to the point that players on the server would hit 33% class limits then they are destroying the game for the others for the sake of their selfishness.

THIS GAME IS TEAMPLAY BASED. If there is too much of anything - you should have to deal with it and choose other role, YOUR TEAM DOESN'T NEED MORE, or just go to different server. What gives you the right to be ANOTHER annoying hillhumping KDR fairy when 70% of other players don't want you there, because you ruin the game? If there was votekick these guys would just fly away from servers much faster than bullet travels through the air.

33% of single class is a pathological situation, WHO CARES that some hillhumper will have to hillhump on another server? Why care about single guy when there are 64 people on the server?

I can't be a driver in ANY vehicle in 90% of games because there is just no place for me left, It's always occupied by someone else. And do you see that anyone cares about me? Nobody cares about it and I shouldn't, and nobody shouldn't care about any individual who has "his own way of playing the game". You are not special snowflakes people, you are just like everyone else and if general opinion of community states "too much of something ruins the game", then it's YOUR problem that you are too stubborn to adapt.