To my fellow Scouts

Comments

  • Kattegat_Twin
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's amazing it took them this long to do that...
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    they are going to add keyboard/mouse support for the xbox, i recommend using that when its implemented. no use using a controller when you can use the superior tools.

    Now add 144hz and will spend my next €650 for a xbone and not a new gfx card ;)
  • 187Bear
    578 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    magosnow wrote: »
    How can you feel good about yourself when you need to depend on aim assist to get your kills.
    It's the same as if we on pc would install aimbot but only activate it for 50% or so.
    The difference is on pc your called a cheater, on ps4/xbox its all normal.

    How can you even improve yourself when you have AA active.

    And its due to the console aim assist that probably halve the general Scout OP threads are created.
    Even worse they probably "tweaked" the MH because of console.

    Imo AA doesn't belong in any console game regardless of whether its hard or not to play without.

    You're on pc. I won't say a proper shut up because you can vent your unnecessary opinion on something that does not concern you.
    But stick to your domain.
    If aim assist is as broken as you claim,there would be perfect 100% accuracy on console and everyone with 10 k/d. Yet the 90% can't even break a pathetic 2 kd.let alone better.
    You don't hear us venting about your macros,or the fact you can slide run slide run forever. It's not our business.

    You do know "everybody with 10kd" is theoretically not possible right?

    Yes it is possible, but so unlikely that you'll never see it. You still get a kill when the enemy is revived but they don't get a death. You also get assists as kills which means that everyone can actually have a positive kdr. If there were ever only 2 players that played bf1 and they took turns to kill each other they'd end up with a 1 kdr each. If you had 2v2, all 4 could have any number of positive kdr's escpecially if they were medics reviving their mate.

    The game has 21 million players.
    Not 4.

    Wow, you are good at maths. It's over simplified to tell you it is possible, but like I said extremely unlikely.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

    Me personally I'd wait for DICE to tweak it because the ones who say they dont play with it, I honestly find that hard to believe its the internet after all. As I've stated snap aim doesnt work on scope variants and thats what I'm currently using, I use the Lebel on anymap and I mean any map even if the glint puts me at a disadvantage. Even if they tweak it i hope they tweak it for all classes not just scouts alone.

    Well I, for one, don't use it.
    This video proves it.
    (Takes me 2 shotgun shots on the first 2 individuals, and you can watch me scan across until I find center mass with the 4th)
    [vimeo]
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    they are going to add keyboard/mouse support for the xbox, i recommend using that when its implemented. no use using a controller when you can use the superior tools.

    I think the learning curve would be too foreign for me to get the hang of. (ASDF, uh--do what now? Shift + Q opens parachute or brings up the commo rose?)
  • kaliyl777
    1958 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Half the time it hinders you anyway. If theirs more than one enemy on the screen it usually snaps in between them, and you have to aim manually anyway.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Astr0damus You might be surprised how quickly it will become 2nd nature... It might seem complicated but it's really not, and once you're used to it you'll question how you ever deemed playing a FPS with a controller acceptable. Trust me.
  • illmatic868
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @Astr0damus You might be surprised how quickly it will become 2nd nature... It might seem complicated but it's really not, and once you're used to it you'll question how you ever deemed playing a FPS with a controller acceptable. Trust me.

    I'll take your word for it. I love my beautiful controller. I'll have to buy a quality mouse and keyboard.
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    they are going to add keyboard/mouse support for the xbox, i recommend using that when its implemented. no use using a controller when you can use the superior tools.

    I think the learning curve would be too foreign for me to get the hang of. (ASDF, uh--do what now? Shift + Q opens parachute or brings up the commo rose?)

    Q brings up commo rose and spots, space opens parachute. Unless you want to rebind them, but it's pretty convenient in my opinion. You can move around and spot enemies while simultaneously shooting at them and pull your parachute with the same button you use to jump. I remember way back when you had to stretch your thumb across the keyboard in order to pull your parachute.

    The controls are pretty easy in most FPS (obviously the more complicated ones like ARMA will have more to them). If you want to see complicated controls, look at flight simulators. It took me a while to get used to IL-2 1946, then there was BoS and I had to start over.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Djoenz wrote: »
    AA and Snap Aim is not overblown. It is the sole reason why many many out there use Infantry based rifles. Because it gives a advantage. Is cheap like any OHK weapon like Shotties. Fun, but cheap.

    Many people have made videos online and tested out how prevalent the AA and Snap On can be. It is really not overblown.

    Also correct me if I am wrong here, but AA = Aim Assist and Snap On Slowdown ON means you actually slowed down the intensity of the snap on (so basically nerfed it a bit) but if you would have AA on and Snap On Slowdown off that would actually imply you have the maximum effect of SNAP ON????

    EDIT:
    So with the upcoming Gun Buff Patch and possibly a nerf to AA snap on etc. the scouts will stand no chance :lol:
    I main Assault and Support fyi hehe.
    The aim assists have, in my opinion, confusing names. The Auto rotation is the “snap to body” mechanic, the Slowdown is the “stickiness” mechanic. That means, the slowdown will keep your sights on a target, without your input, even if that target is moving.

    The different aim assists benefit different kind of weapons; the high damage but slow firing weapons, such as infantry rifles and shotguns, mostly benefit from auto rotation, while lower damage but rapid firing weapons, such as SMGs, LMGs, SLRs, and sidearms, mostly benefit from slowdown.

    Why? Because the different categories of weapons kill in different ways. The high damage weapons kill by landing that first, and possibly only, shot. Miss the first shot with a Martini-Henry and you’re probably dead. The lower damage weapons kill by landing those second, third, fourth, and fifth shots. Miss the first shot with a Hellriegel isn’t that bad, because there are 59 more bullets coming at a rapid pace, and the slowdown makes sure they hit their target.

    I come from the mouse and keyboard side of gaming, and BF1 is my first first person shooter multiplayer online game on a console, so I was a bit worried about using a controller. The existence of aim assist assured me, that I might be fine. And I was fine. But then I saw an explanation of the aim assist, and it started to feel like a cheat. So I tried to turn them both off, and I was still fine. After some adjustments on my part, I was doing just as well as before.

    To OP, my stance now on the aim assists, as someone who mainly plays scout: get rid of them both, they are not needed. You can absolutely be precise with a controller. You might have to adjust the sensitivity, to suit you, though.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    magosnow wrote: »
    How can you feel good about yourself when you need to depend on aim assist to get your kills.
    It's the same as if we on pc would install aimbot but only activate it for 50% or so.
    The difference is on pc your called a cheater, on ps4/xbox its all normal.

    How can you even improve yourself when you have AA active.

    And its due to the console aim assist that probably halve the general Scout OP threads are created.
    Even worse they probably "tweaked" the MH because of console.

    Imo AA doesn't belong in any console game regardless of whether its hard or not to play without.

    You're on pc. I won't say a proper shut up because you can vent your unnecessary opinion on something that does not concern you.
    But stick to your domain.
    If aim assist is as broken as you claim,there would be perfect 100% accuracy on console and everyone with 10 k/d. Yet the 90% can't even break a pathetic 2 kd.let alone better.
    You don't hear us venting about your macros,or the fact you can slide run slide run forever. It's not our business.

    You do know "everybody with 10kd" is theoretically not possible right?

    Yes it is possible, but so unlikely that you'll never see it. You still get a kill when the enemy is revived but they don't get a death. You also get assists as kills which means that everyone can actually have a positive kdr. If there were ever only 2 players that played bf1 and they took turns to kill each other they'd end up with a 1 kdr each. If you had 2v2, all 4 could have any number of positive kdr's escpecially if they were medics reviving their mate.

    The game has 21 million players.
    Not 4.

    Wow, you are good at maths. It's over simplified to tell you it is possible, but like I said extremely unlikely.

    I know.. but the 21m players makes it theoretically impossible.
    Knive kills elites getting killed.
  • crimsonkni_cano
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The AA is great, all you have to do is 1 - hide in a bush, 2 - keep your targets in the centre of the TV and 3 - press two buttons.

    The only problems I can see is - running out of ammo and the shock of not OHK someone.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @crimsonkni_cano The other problem is that if you get a person like me that remembers where you are and if you don't move. Lots of time revenge is quick swift and painful.

    You'll either get sniped back or someone will sneak up on you and knife ya lol
  • WastlanderMerc
    140 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Honest question here....will removing AA affect very many other classes other than scout? I play a ton as support, so it makes me wonder how much AA affects me or doesn't....honestly, I don't notice it much unless I'm playing as a scout or medic.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It will effect all to a certain extent. The snap to aim reduction will make yet so you have to be closer to your target and not half a mile away.

  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If they removed aim assist tomorrow and didn't tell anyone, everyone that currently uses it would think that the "netcode" was bad or they were playing like crap, then after a few weeks they would start getting better and eventually they would git good without it. Its only needed because its there.
  • WastlanderMerc
    140 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If they removed aim assist tomorrow and didn't tell anyone, everyone that currently uses it would think that the "netcode" was bad or they were playing like crap, then after a few weeks they would start getting better and eventually they would git good without it. Its only needed because its there.

    I totally agree, I've played games with and without it....doesn't really make a difference to me
  • crimsonkni_cano
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    @crimsonkni_cano The other problem is that if you get a person like me that remembers where you are and if you don't move. Lots of time revenge is quick swift and painful.

    You'll either get sniped back or someone will sneak up on you and knife ya lol

    I like to move from bush to bush and wait for someone to have a look in my bush area - they will get a nice surprise, I have moved.

    Even with AA and the sweet spot, I just can't play as a scouts - I need to my my teams cannon fodder
  • buddyboy911
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't know how good or bad of a sniper you are but this is a definite plus for me as a sniper. I usually play with scoped snipers, in which I actually have both aim assists off as it helps with getting headshots quicker in with target acquisition then with it on, and when I do use infantry I have auto rotation off simply as the snap to aim will take away my otherwise landed headshots.

    So thus having it nerfed for me will put me at advantage and should put any other scout player at an advantage unless you do not know how to aim... which then you shouldn't be using the scout class at all. This in a way is actually a buff or rebalance in my eyes as the more you take away aim assit the longer it will take my enemies to actually kill me as alot of people do not know how to aim without aim assist.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This thread has just turned into everyone telling each other how they dont use aim assist
Sign In or Register to comment.