older players that just are not good enough...look here :)

Comments

• plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    34 here. This game has been far the longest to get half-decent at!
  • daveseargeamt
    620 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    47 here - PSN: daveseargeant I am semi-reasonable now.. 6 - 8 months of grind.
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    44 here in Arizona with truly atrocious aim, but my syringe works well! In a platoon already but always willing to group up with people using a mic, especially daytime hours.....same gamertag as here....
  • Serissa_99
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Find it really fun to read all your posts. Had a break from bf1 over the summer, tried playing once or twice after but it’s almost like you start over again from scratch..(at least for me). but reading the posts here motivates me to start again. It’s after all the best game so far for me :)

So squads, anyone in Europe? Hard to join the folks from US and Down Under on regular basis...
  • BEFLAR
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I love how you guys blame your age. The fact is you guys would be bad at any age. I say this cause I find this game easy and I'm old.
  • Serissa_99
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BEFLAR wrote: »
    I love how you guys blame your age. The fact is you guys would be bad at any age. I say this cause I find this game easy and I'm old.

Blame or not, it’s our subjective feeling... besides, relax...it’s just a game buddy... we all can’t be as great as you
  • llIBertIll
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BEFLAR wrote: »

Bahahaha surely you could come up with a better troll than this. At least say something believable rather than totally dismissing the well documented and recognised fact that age catches up with, and slows down, all of us. At different ages and rates maybe, but it can't be outrun forever
  • b2tchwood
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry but most people here are older with jobs/kids and they ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ that goes with it. Games are tough but it's meant to be that way. But you've done the right thing asking to get involved. Playing together is glorious and we can all have banter in the death screen together
  • manu450
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well reading this, I can sure give you hope, I'm getting 45 in December and I've been playing since bf3 and a bit of bc2 since I didn't know about any battlefield game out there and I miss out the bfbc2 hype in witch I would of love to play it from lunch, but anyways pls don't give up and always try to improve by using cover and buildings to you advantage, I run only on foot and I have over 2.0KD if that really matter :-/ but I'll say don't rush play within the team and watch for open area that you may expose yourself for too long giving line of sight for those pesty snipers. Cheers
  • CanonFodder23
    354 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    b2tchwood wrote: »
    Sorry but most people here are older with jobs/kids and they **** that goes with it. Games are tough but it's meant to be that way. But you've done the right thing asking to get involved. Playing together is glorious and we can all have banter in the death screen together

Well said!
  • blindsniper63
    2453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dcs500 wrote: »
    We did have an 'older' platoon, but it kind of fizzled out, probably because half the members went into care homes.
    :)

Now your with the next lot of oldies!
  • dcs500
    1500 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We did have an 'older' platoon, but it kind of fizzled out, probably because half the members went into care homes.

Good move to have some young members, especially to fetch beer and help you out of your chair.
  • blindsniper63
    2453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Good move to have some young members, especially to fetch beer and help you out of your chair.

@dcs500 sadly if my sons are playing then i sometimes have to get my own beer out of the fridge!
  • daveseargeamt
    620 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No - @dcs500 the members died.. they are not in care homes. ha ha ha..

On a serious note, there is a space in all games for the older generation of gamers.. we can teach those young whipper snappers a thing or two - like camping behind zimmer frames, and camping in bath chairs.. what the hell, some of us have a better percentage score, or KD ratio than a lot of younger players.. :smile:
  • Mama_Dun_Tried
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've been playing Battlefield since it was known as Pong in 1970. I don't attribute my apparent lack of skills to old age, but to being a southpaw. It's hard for me to believe that in over 40 years, console makers have barely addressed chirality never mind age. Besides, the wisdom and treachery of old age will always overcome the skill and enthusiasm of youth!
  • daveseargeamt
    I've been playing Battlefield since it was known as Pong in 1970. I don't attribute my apparent lack of skills to old age, but to being a southpaw. It's hard for me to believe that in over 40 years, console makers have barely addressed chirality never mind age. Besides, the wisdom and treachery of old age will always overcome the skill and enthusiasm of youth!

Hey I remember pong 1970... awesome.. and in black and white too..
  • obisearch
    774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No - @dcs500 the members died.. they are not in care homes. ha ha ha..

On a serious note, there is a space in all games for the older generation of gamers.. we can teach those young whipper snappers a thing or two - like camping behind zimmer frames, and camping in bath chairs.. what the hell, some of us have a better percentage score, or KD ratio than a lot of younger players.. :smile:

Lmfao made me spit my drink
  • SDfriar
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Serissa_99 wrote: »
    Hi there

Have two short questions.
    1) why on earth does it take forever when you quit a game??
    2) anybody here like me a bit older and not managing to be a super killer in this game? Fed up getting really **** scores every round. Here is the thing though i really enjoy playing it, so am wondering if there are more beginners like me who want to meet online and set up games in a more even fashion? DOnt even know how it would be possible, rent a server??

Cheers

Run medic, play the objective, spam health and stick your needle in dead folks. Oh, find a few good players. You'll be fine. I'm older than 99.5% of the player on BF1 and I own most of these kids.
This discussion has been closed.