Purpose of startup "world" screen?

Comments

• vaderspawn
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes , severely annoying and anger making. Happ tday at West coast Canada. And has never happened till recently for me. But is happening a lot as of late , go figure.
  • vaderspawn
    OG-N2rock wrote: »
    Obviously it's a bug introduced by the most recent patch. I mean, most of us have never seen that before. Most of us have never had a problem with the game loading with no issues. I know I've played the game almost daily since release, and never had a single time where the game didn't load.
    I've only had the globe show up once for me (last Friday). And it took restarting the game 3 times to get past it. Judging by the amount of threads showing up on this and other forums, there's a lot of people that have experienced this bug recently. So once again, Dice broke something with an update.
    I don't think it's a Sony firmware issue, as people on PC and Xbone are also reporting the same thing.

I just hold my breath frightnened thinking about this game's, and franchise's future......
    Thank **** there's a new Wolfenstein coming soon

• vaderspawn
    OG-N2rock wrote: »
    Obviously it's a bug introduced by the most recent patch. I mean, most of us have never seen that before. Most of us have never had a problem with the game loading with no issues. I know I've played the game almost daily since release, and never had a single time where the game didn't load.
    I've only had the globe show up once for me (last Friday). And it took restarting the game 3 times to get past it. Judging by the amount of threads showing up on this and other forums, there's a lot of people that have experienced this bug recently. So once again, Dice broke something with an update.
    I don't think it's a Sony firmware issue, as people on PC and Xbone are also reporting the same thing.

Yes absolutely , had to reply because it is going hard on me today and now I'm pissed!!!! Damm boys it's a 1/4 century into the new millennia and this s*** is going on , still
  • barryho_420
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    took a screenshot and made it my theme, looks awesome in the background.
  • Clarence_6000
    886 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    fixed this by turning off HDCP in the PS4 settings.. Dunno why but it worked. (?)
    Never got the globe of death again after i did that ;)
  • Blehze
    197 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    Just had it happen to me. 3rd time reloading, finally opened. Day 2 of this globe. Im getting close to my breaking point because of this nonsense. My faith in this franchise is decreasing slowly. BF3 was epic. Bugs yes, but the fun factor was there and it got me excited to want to play the game. Even Metro back then due to outside access on rush. Damavand Peak, cliff jumping to the next pair of MComs which in turn made you bust your butt to PTFO just to experience the thrill and excitement. The destruction was amazing, faulty some times, but u didnt care. It was fun. Oh....and LOTS of vehicles too.

BF4.....we all know how that went. But it had ALOT of vehicles.

Now we get to BF1....LACK of vehicles.....DICE....read the forums. Obviously YOUR checklist is not what US players/ paying customers ie. YOUR PAYCHECKS are wanting done. There have been so many simple, simple requests to change minor things posted over and over since the release of the game. Its nearly 1 year in and what does BF1 have to show for it? Broken hit reg. Laggy servers, ping caps. Ugly quickmatching. The list goes on. And now a globe shows up. Guys, reality check. Maybe you should think more about passion than greed. It will prove itself in the end.

Sorry for the rant, I really do enjoy this series, but right now, i just dont have the urge to want to play it as much as I want too. And when I do, im usually on Operations bagging snipers, or stunt flying in a plane. Nothing more.

Cheers all,
    See you on the battlefield.
  • Werner_Montag
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WingNutR wrote: »
    Playing on the PS4 and every other time I start BF1 I get the planet in middle of screen with some background music. BF1 then fails to load and the game just does nothing. Close the game and restart and BF1 will start as normal?

What's the point of putting this fail loading screen in the game? Is there a reason other than to frustrate players?
    Playing on the PS4 and every other time I start BF1 I get the planet in middle of screen with some background music. BF1 then fails to load and the game just does nothing. Close the game and restart and BF1 will start as normal?

What's the point of putting this fail loading screen in the game? Is there a reason other than to frustrate players?

• Werner_Montag
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It would be a good idea if they just added something like "we have encountered a service error please restart your console"

I got it 3 times now in the last two days, had never seen it before and had to google it to find out what it was.
  • ddarn37
    115 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mine just did this for the first time yesterday to..
    Restarted it and it worked...also when I was playing,my ping shot up briefly to 844 then went back to 64..first time thats happened too..
  • aseveredfoot
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've had this happen a few times too. Seems like the last update messed everything up.

Game played fine until Lupkow pass and the DLC dropped. I'm no dev or network engineer but I wish they could release content without breaking things.

Or maybe do what they did with BF4, just hand it over to DICE LA and see if they can't fix it up for us.
  • TamKingski
    1785 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Has dice released anything about the spinning globe yet? Confirmed bug? Server related? Working as intended? They are working to resolve it?
    A little info would be appreciated so we can trouble shoot the problem.

@Braddock512
  • Ronin9572
    1049 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Thinking it's time for a much needed transparency update...js
  • sarris_bros-1978
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    took a screenshot and made it my theme, looks awesome in the background.

That's a good move!!
  • Ameeba37
    1753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's not a bug, it's a feature™
  • El_Twin86
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Happened to me also for first time in PS4 pro, had to close the game and launch it again.
  • ddarn37
    115 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Happened to my brother today ..he had to restart his Bf then it worked..its only done it once on me too and it was after the last dlc drop.
  • foxmuldertwobob
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Only happened to me once so far just logout and back in again it was fine after that
  • aseveredfoot
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    K now it's getting annoying, It happened every other time I started the game yesterday
  • Player_0brumo1k
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The problem seems to have been with the new update 1.14 corrupting the save data for BF1 on the system HDD. To solve the issue it means wiping all of BF1's saved data from the system HDD. You will have have to start the single player all over again. I wouldn't redownload the saved game data from the online storage as the problem will come back :)
  • Phylobeddoe
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I get the same problem. It’s the game crashing upon load up. The only way I’ve figured out how to get around it is to restart the app.