Assault On Large Maps?

DudeGuy15
1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
I am recently picking up the game again from when I pre-ordered it. I like assault right now but all of the new Tsar maps feel pretty open and without trenches to every main point on conquest I can't really use the close range kit of assault. I was wondering how I am supposed to get around and push the mid points my team doesn't have without getting exposed to long open sight lines. I try to flank but usually it puts me on the edge of the map on long sight lines and I get caught by snipers.

Comments

• superteds
    1218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    use something like the ribbey or mp18 and go from foxhole to foxhole, or run the trenches
  • hawkseye17
    586 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Play on servers where standard issue rifles are enabled. Not one assault weapon has ranged capabilities
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Try the Ribeyrolles or MP-18 optical. Also the new SMG 08/18 could help you out, but put the AA-sights on it. It's better than, believe me.
  • DudeGuy15
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Thanks for the gun/server suggestions I plan on trying them out, but I was hoping for a playstyle/mindset help. Or should I just stop playing assault and only switch when there is a vehicle to take out?
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Help a tanker or pilot out gunning for a bit before getting off near an objective with cover. That or go unholy and equip smoke grenades.
  • DaMutha1
    1444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, smoke grenades
  • wc138
    1120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You need to be playing with a squad, and using that to your advantage. That's always the case, but especially so on the new maps. There's no secret here: each class is labeled exactly with it's job task. You should be assaulting objectives after a scout has sorted out what kind of resistance is there, with a support suppressing defenders, and with a medic behind you to keep you alive.

Lots of people don't like the new maps because they don't cater to lone-wolfing. Don't end up one of those people.
  • Buick72
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ribey, mp18, 10a slugs, and don't forget the AT rocket gun.
    Stick with a scout or support to help with longer range enemies.