Parabellum "AWFUL" assignment

LuisDrive
10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
Spend three hours shooting airplanes to get only 15 damage to them.
Why not ask to use the Kolibri for this? Is this Battlefield or some Cod where you blow up helicopters with an RPG on top of a horse?
I literally wasted my time, I did not play a FPS game based on OBJECTIVE and TEAMPLAY, NO, I kept shooting at the sky doing nothing, learning nothing, interacting with nothing. It's a ridiculous assignment, people responsible for this certainly do not play this game, or just once every chinese new year.
I have heard that plans to buff the LMG and that will help, but the truth is when will it be feasible to use LMG's to take down planes? NEVER, maybe give suppres in the pilots, maybe.
The few players that will get it was for PURE LUCK, a pilot in full consciousness will not make an attack with less than 30% of life, he will flee and repair itself, this if another airplane or AA gun / truck does not kill him first.
I wasted my time trying this ridiculous assignment and also doing this post.

Comments

• Smoekje
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I didn't like it in the beginning. After my first plane kill I began to see the light.

You can't kill a plane with 1 run, but you can distract and annoy pilots... Keep them from repairing or force them to turn away.

It is actually a pretty decent assignment as is forces supports to interact with something new. Aerial combat.

You shooting for 3 hours straight without doing more then 30dmg is not the games fault. Change weapons and wait with shooting until it comes for you. I did the assignment within 1.5 hours.
  • AaronTheZombie
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LuisDrive wrote: »
    Spend three hours shooting airplanes to get only 15 damage to them.
    Come on now, I disabled a plane with a Fedorov earlier and I was just messing around. I had a much harder time getting kills with the marshmallow-cannon(mortar).
  • cheif_big_clouds
    360 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The gun is worth the assignment
  • gets__tilted
    1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I shot down 5 planes the day i did it which was the day after the dlc dropped. 2 for myself with the perino lw and 2 for a friend who literally finished them off with the bar storm.

The 5th one i destroyed was with a k bullet for that assignment on the next map. Add those 5 to the 50 or so ive destroyed with lmg's and you see its not so much luck but persistance.
  • Gorlax
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I was worried about this mission. It took me ten minutes on one of the new maps ( the one with all the windmills). Getting the mortars kills is the real pain...
  • Granathar
    249 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Gorlax wrote: »
    Getting the mortars kills is the real pain...

Nope. Just play map where enemies like to crowd. For example on Verdun or Suez mortar can wreck a lot of people. Sometimes I had 3 frags from just one mortar deployment.
  • superuber2011
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I helped a stranger out and flew low and slow for him to destroy my plane. He was so thankful because he then unlocked the low weight
  • dj4047
    459 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    Granathar wrote: »
    Gorlax wrote: »
    Getting the mortars kills is the real pain...

Nope. Just play map where enemies like to crowd. For example on Verdun or Suez mortar can wreck a lot of people. Sometimes I had 3 frags from just one mortar deployment.
    Near B flag on Verdun and C on Suez. Perfect spots. Nearly half of both teams just sit and shoot at each other in these areas.
  • purpleflump
    260 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just cos you can't do something stop ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, the games fine
  • chucknorris468
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Assignment suck. Period. I got lucky and got both in one match on grappa. Change your search settings so you only play conquest on grappa. Target planes shot by AA guns that are already damaged. Then hope you get lucky
  • jpharrisson
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What is the best LMG to detroy planes ?
  • Foot_Sergeant
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I used Perino model 1908 Defensive and MG15 n.A Low weight.
  • Buick72
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As annoying as this can be, it's not that hard. Honestly it should have just been "Do X amount of damage to planes with LMGs."

That being said, have a friend or squad mate jump on the AA, and stand near them and shoot the planes they wound. I helped a few friends get it that way.
  • Puckerbucket
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

MG15 n.A. Suppressive. 500 rpm, 200 magazine, doesn't quickly overheat.
    Got my first one when I was inexplicably placed in a South American server on St Quentin Scar using conquest quickmatch. Spawned at A, jumped on the empty AA gun, put 4 rounds on a plane, jumped off and started firing. Got the kill and left the server all in less than 1 minute.
    Second one was much harder, took a long time, and occurred on Monte Grappa, which is absolutely the best map for this challenge as the flight lanes are narrow and you can get up high to get range on them.
    The assignment DOES suck, but can be done.
    Also, here's my tip for using the worthless mortar. It almost NEVER produces a kill on first shot, but a lot of times, if you hit an enemy for damage, just fire again IMMEDIATELY without moving the aim at all. Because you're striking them from a distance, it's not clear to them who just shot them, so they're still sitting in the same spot looking for who shot them when the second mortar arrives, and lights out.