Ban players from PFTO

Comments

• IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    woll3 wrote: »
    Prep768 wrote: »
    When I see that flags captured guy on the honours board as MVP - meh
    Flags defended gets much more respect from me (but then I get called a camping scrub by friends)

Gamesense unfortunately cant be translated into points, a good example would be 20 people capping one flag instead of 15 moving forward while the last 5 can cap, or holding important chokepoints, or understanding the spawnsystem and acting accordingly in domination, so on and so forth.

So hate the ones that get on a horse and capture the first flag......
  • aseveredfoot
    2467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PTFO = Pass The Falafel, Omar

If you don't pass the falafel it's just really upsetting and Dice should ban that sort of person.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PTFO = Pass The Falafel, Omar

If you don't pass the falafel it's just really upsetting and Dice should ban that sort of person.

As my man Omar says,
    giphy.gif
  • Buick72
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There are more ways to "ptfo" than just zerging points and getting mowed down over and over again.

The problem is, most of the people shouting to ptfo, are the ones rushing through the open, through the enemy team, and taking a dirt nap after 12 LMGs and 10 snipers all cut him to bits. DO you have a high score from capping flags? Yes. Did you feed the enemy 20 tickets getting killed over and over again trying to take that point? Yes.

I am all for playing the objective , but sometimes that sniper hanging back at the flag you just took is ptfo'ing too by killing all the snipers and lmgs that are camped on the next flag keeping you off of it. Is he rushing on to the next flag with you? No, is he making your path there a little easier? Well, if he's any good.. yes.

Defending flags is ptfo, ignoring hard to take flags for easier flags is ptfo. The term does not just mean zerg the next flag, abandon the last.

Now, the sniper 3 miles out behind a shield.. yeah.. he's not helping, but neither is the guy that's 10/20 that keeps racing onto flags alone, getting killed, and yelling at the team to PTFO....

Kills matter a LOT in the new conquest, so being a bullet sponge doesn't help either. Not saying all PTFO'ers are like that, but too many people use it as an excuse to rush and die over and over and cost the team tickets.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Putrid-Tasting Foul Odors happen on the battlefield.
    But boy oh boy do I love the smell of Napalm in the mornin'!
  • xSha3nx
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If there is a camper who is not playing PTFO on my squad, I just kick him/her out of squad or join a new squad team. Easy! No point to ban him/her.
  • smokethadro
    356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Rayza1983 wrote: »
    *snip*

What's PFTO?

Play The Flipping Objective..

Obviously the word "Flipping" is replaced by a profane word.

Yes, i was just being sarcastic because he misspelled.

Ptfo, not pfto :)
  • JosephCr1984
    169 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The entire suggestion to kick non-PTFO players from the OP is ridiculous. How the hell would an already bogged-down server analytics engine be able to reliably ascertain that? Would it be based on rolling time samples during which your average capture points are less than some pre-determined arbitrary threshold? Or lower than your team mates or squad during the same time period?

What the hell would happen when the entire team is spawn locked? Everybody gets kicked before the game ends because they couldn't capture a point in time?

What about pilots? Would they need to make sure they circle an objective in a tight spiral until they "get enough points" during the sample period?

Frankly, as much as I wish people would play the game in PTFO style as much as the OP, it's just that the suggestion to kick seems preposterous. DICE has enough trouble detecting hit registration and other stuff - would prefer they work on that.

Also, sorry for long rant - aren't non-PTFO players in Conquest technically punished in some way anyways via the inherent scoring model?
  • KnucklesNilan
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PTFO? call me effin old, but that is the dumbest acronym since LOL.
  • smokethadro
    356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    *snip*

What's PFTO?

You're effin old, or new to bf
  • -Antares65z
    1786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

What acronym would you replace it with?
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    While I enjoy ptfo in either capturing or defending most contested flags on the map.

You want to ban me because, I like to go on an adventure around the back way to play stab the camping scout who doesn't have a headset. when we are winning and having me ptfo would have no impact on the win that we already have
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

PTFO has probably been around since the beginning of BF titles... I know for sure that it's been around even since before bf3 because it was widely used back then in 2011-12... it was actually used by people that were teens back then so are probably in their 20s or early 30s by now. You've played bf3, you should know what it means lol
  • MrJayPee71
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DaMutha1 wrote: »
    No, it's Play Flipping the Objective

I Probably Forget The Objective more times than I care to remember
  • KnucklesNilan
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    *snip*

What's PFTO?

You're effin old, or new to bf

Definitely not new to the BF series of games, that's for sure... I think I still have the Wake Demo burned on a CD somewhere.
  • Scruffy_McGuffy
    504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2017
    @AzzHatsky
    1 week for you.

This looks familiar :-)

Breakfast Club... 1 minute in.

• Rayza1983
    94 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So many people on this thread just DON'T GET IT! I'm talking about players who don't defend or capture. When every single Flag has been capped by the enemy because the team is too stubborn to play. Unreal it's like I'm the one who's wrong for playing a game the way it's suppose to be played. I don't have to prove my worth to half of you goons
  • Rayza1983
    xSha3nx wrote: »
    If there is a camper who is not playing PTFO on my squad, I just kick him/her out of squad or join a new squad team. Easy! No point to ban him/her.

I'm talking when 75% of the team are utter useless
  • Rayza1983
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    woll3 wrote: »
    Prep768 wrote: »
    When I see that flags captured guy on the honours board as MVP - meh
    Flags defended gets much more respect from me (but then I get called a camping scrub by friends)

Gamesense unfortunately cant be translated into points, a good example would be 20 people capping one flag instead of 15 moving forward while the last 5 can cap, or holding important chokepoints, or understanding the spawnsystem and acting accordingly in domination, so on and so forth.

So hate the ones that get on a horse and capture the first flag......

Yer or get in a vehicle and race to the first flag without picking anyone up and then crash it into a trench so it's utter useless, just like the player
  • bapman63
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    DICE seriously need to add a kick to players who don't capture objectives. They're ruining the fun in the game totally. They absolutely will not capture objectives at all it's pathetic! 5 times in a row I was with a team who get hammered because they refuse to play the game the way it's meant to be played. Team Balance didn't sort anything! I didn't pay for this BS in a game. Limit players who don't PFTO to team deathmatch. They really don't deserve to play anything else. It baffles me how many utter garbage players there is a year on after release!

PTFO Cheerleaders: Players that run flag to flag capping flags and dying on them or refusing to defend them. Claims to be helping the team but are really not.

You are probably just as good as a hill humper, OP.

Someone has to capture the flags, if everyone runs to the first flag then just defends it would become a long tedious match. I mean that's what assault is for, to assault.