Sliding - yay or nay?

2

Comments

  • IlAGE-TlI
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    IG-Calibre wrote: »
    ^^ this explains so much, I was wondering how they were doing the really fast side to side shimmy at superhero speeds - it's like they exist at 2 points at the same time and then rubberband between them, it is as **** as dolphin diving for sure, can't wait until they get rid of it.

    Word is good. I hope they get rid of it, it's like dolphin diving in bf2. Annoying as hell.
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sliding - yay or nay?



    yay
  • F1aw1ess
    817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ^ this sliding is FINE with me!
  • ROTCrazytrain1
    524 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, CTE Member
    what cracks me up is the sliding works great,but staying prone my character stands back up over and over,or anti tank gun mechanic is broke lay down and gun clicks back and forth zooming in and out cant shoot.and many other bugs
  • SgtStav
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yay, and lol dont compare it with the ddive.not even close too that.
  • Buick72
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I slide all the time, but I feel you shouldn't be able to slide backwards. Should probably need to build up a bit more speed before sliding as well. Could use some tweaking, but I like it.
  • SgtStav
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How you slide backwards ?
  • JoesDementia
    708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Needs to be done away with entirely. Players knee siding through thick mud, over rocky ground, down steps, up steps. It's ridiculous.
  • SgtStav
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Its the only way too counter corner camping . Fine in my eyes
  • Mord-Vi
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Jumpy-B-L wrote: »
    Needs to be done away with entirely. Players knee siding through thick mud, over rocky ground, down steps, up steps. It's ridiculous.

    Totally. Battlefield is entirely about reality. It's a pure sim. Not an arcade action shooter. /s
  • KillerCoffeeCo
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    Oskool_007 wrote: »
    The really good sliders will use it to slide into a doorway, toss dynamite into the room, then slide back out of the doorway all with one tap of the crouch button. They basically peek around the doorway and toss dynamite into the room before anyone sees them or can shoot them.

    Guilty as charged. However, the key is not so much the slide but knowing how to increase the throw distance of the Dynamite to get the reach that picks up those big collats.

    On a map like fort I usually rack up about 30 Dynamite Kills a round. I know it's sad but, I'v got like 13k or there about in Dynamite kills.
  • JoesDementia
    708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Mord-Vi wrote: »
    Jumpy-B-L wrote: »
    Needs to be done away with entirely. Players knee siding through thick mud, over rocky ground, down steps, up steps. It's ridiculous.

    Totally. Battlefield is entirely about reality. It's a pure sim. Not an arcade action shooter. /s

    There's a balance to be struck. I don't recall asking for a mil-sim.
  • TheNoobPolice
    1616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I completely absue this mechanic I'll admit. I have toggle crouch bound to Left Alt so can slide whilst never taking my hands of WASD. The ability to move sideways and even then backwards consequetively mid-slide in and out of doorways can be mastered very quickly and completely abuses the animation / hitbox mechanics of the game.

    As much as I'll miss it when DICE reduces it, I have enjoyed it while it's lasted.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oskool_007 wrote: »
    The really good sliders will use it to slide into a doorway, toss dynamite into the room, then slide back out of the doorway all with one tap of the crouch button. They basically peek around the doorway and toss dynamite into the room before anyone sees them or can shoot them.

    Guilty as charged. However, the key is not so much the slide but knowing how to increase the throw distance of the Dynamite to get the reach that picks up those big collats.

    On a map like fort I usually rack up about 30 Dynamite Kills a round. I know it's sad but, I'v got like 13k or there about in Dynamite kills.

    Interesting... Continue, please.
  • TheNoobPolice
    1616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jumpy-B-L wrote: »
    Mord-Vi wrote: »
    Jumpy-B-L wrote: »
    Needs to be done away with entirely. Players knee siding through thick mud, over rocky ground, down steps, up steps. It's ridiculous.

    Totally. Battlefield is entirely about reality. It's a pure sim. Not an arcade action shooter. /s

    There's a balance to be struck. I don't recall asking for a mil-sim.

    You're right, I personally think BF3 hit the balance perfectly, although it's really annoying going back to it without the BF1/BF4 quality of life features for PC players, such as Uniform Solider aiming, Adjustable / customisable HUD and gameplay features.
  • Sechnaill
    992 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ah, Nay!
  • Kattegat_Twin
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How are people managing to change direction when sliding? Sliding only lasts a second for me, so I don't get it... I mean, I can change direction, but the slide immediately stops then.
  • F1aw1ess
    817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    lol yeah t
    How are people managing to change direction when sliding? Sliding only lasts a second for me, so I don't get it... I mean, I can change direction, but the slide immediately stops then.

    Some can do it after a jump and glide like in halo :neutral:
    Post edited by F1aw1ess on
  • xcasxcursex
    1676 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How are people managing to change direction when sliding? Sliding only lasts a second for me, so I don't get it... I mean, I can change direction, but the slide immediately stops then.

    It works much better on controller because the stick makes sure you don't stop pressing movement keys, but that's the trick - don't stop moving (WASD). If at any point you are not pressing WASD during the slide, the slide ends.

    The slide on controller combined with aim assist is ridiculous. I like the slide but the AA really breaks it.
  • KillerCoffeeCo
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

    Interesting... Continue, please.

    Remember the C4 toss in bf2? Same. Same.
Sign In or Register to comment.