The game need a sniper cap pls....

Comments

• IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    I know. there's a camping support in this clip too.

It is imposible not to camp sometimes. Here I am in shame... wait...

Yea but that's a carbine version!
    You can't do this with a sniper version, gotta camp with those...wait...

• XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    full951 wrote: »
    I know. there's a camping support in this clip too.

It is imposible not to camp sometimes. Here I am in shame... wait...

Yea but that's a carbine version!
    You can't do this with a sniper version, gotta camp with those...wait...

The mouse. I miss it sometimes. Not much really. XD.
    But you know what? It is fun to camp with the knife somtimes. So skillfull!

(Sorry for the caps. It was a joke for my friends)
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    limit sweet spot snipers to zero. enjoy. they should have made all the infantry rifles more like the Russian trench and allowed one hit kills only to the head. but no, they have to give the baddies some way to compete.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    limit sweet spot snipers to zero. enjoy. they should have made all the infantry rifles more like the Russian trench and allowed one hit kills only to the head. but no, they have to give the baddies some way to compete.

Snipers were OHK in bf4 up to like 10 meters or something and everyone on this forum swings from that games junk. The crying would only be worse if people could ohk point blank with rifles. The sweet spot is irrelevant as most people don't play inside the guns range, either too close or too far. Anyone who complains about the sweet spot is just complaining to complain. There's been a "sweet spot" before bf1, it was just universal
  • jpharrisson
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The game needs smart players that can make the choice of an other class when there is already 15 snipers on the team, not a sniper cap.
  • Loqtrall
    12091 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Snipers were OHK in bf4 up to like 10 meters or something and everyone on this forum swings from that games junk. The crying would only be worse if people could ohk point blank with rifles. The sweet spot is irrelevant as most people don't play inside the guns range, either too close or too far. Anyone who complains about the sweet spot is just complaining to complain. There's been a "sweet spot" before bf1, it was just universal

Not only that, but I'm willing to bet if the sweet spot was removed, snipers would still camp and people would complain equally as much.

The only thing that would change is the excuse as to why people are complaining about snipers since they couldn't claim sweetspots make them OP.

You could remove the sweetspot, remove aim assist, and nerf bullet velocity and people will STILL complain about them.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

Not only that, but I'm willing to bet if the sweet spot was removed, snipers would still camp and people would complain equally as much.

The only thing that would change is the excuse as to why people are complaining about snipers since they couldn't claim sweetspots make them OP.

You could remove the sweetspot, remove aim assist, and nerf bullet velocity and people will STILL complain about them.

100%, nothing would keep people from crying
  • Loqtrall
    12091 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    Absolutely. Anti-sniper wanks on this forum think that removing one of those things or nerfing velocity would make the game better for them and stop all the complaints about scouts because "they won't be so good".

Then they'll get killed in two body shots by some random at range and come back complaining that's somehow still unfair.

I said it earlier in the thread - BF4 had the exact opposite experience when it comes to sniping. It had slower velocity, a universal and close range sweet spot, and the AA wasn't nearly as strong - and people STILL complained about snipers incessantly.

These guys against snipers just don't have the gonads to say what they really want: they want snipers to be complete trash to the point you can barely even get a kill with them, and if not that, they should just be removed entirely.

That's the only way most of these chud will actually end up happy with rifles in this game.
  • jpharrisson
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Personally, im not a good sniper,, I do it for <<fun>> sometimes but I think you need some skills to be good at it, espacially on console with a controller!
    Im mad when I got killed by a snipers, but Im always impressed from how far some of these guys are headshoting me XD I have respect for good snipers (Y)
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Absolutely. Anti-sniper wanks on this forum think that removing one of those things or nerfing velocity would make the game better for them and stop all the complaints about scouts because "they won't be so good".

Then they'll get killed in two body shots by some random at range and come back complaining that's somehow still unfair.

I said it earlier in the thread - BF4 had the exact opposite experience when it comes to sniping. It had slower velocity, a universal and close range sweet spot, and the AA wasn't nearly as strong - and people STILL complained about snipers incessantly.

These guys against snipers just don't have the gonads to say what they really want: they want snipers to be complete trash to the point you can barely even get a kill with them, and if not that, they should just be removed entirely.

That's the only way most of these chud will actually end up happy with rifles in this game.

Yet a Hellreigel is a perfectly OK, balanced, "only decent, and not OP" weapon to have in the game

It just makes me laugh. The bias that some people have. There is a special kind of salt for any weapon that its possible to OHK with. From the Shotties, to the snipers, to Bayonet charging, seems like people can't handle anything OHK

• BURGERKRIEG
    967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    I blame Mark Wahlberg.

Sweet spot we all know is BS.

I got shot in the sweet spot in real life and did not die.

I can’t have kids though.
  • trip1ex
    4977 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    trip1ex wrote: »

Someone had a decent idea of giving less and less points to snipers the more and more snipers on a team above a certain ideal range. And vice versa too. More points to snipers the farther their number drops below the ideal range. The idea being to use points to motivate players to not play sniper when there are too many on the team and motivate them to try sniper when there are too few.

You mean like how they removed the marksman bonus in BF4 and prevented snipers from scoring even as much as mediocre PTFO players - which also did nothing to stop snipers from playing how they want?

It's not about stopping people from playing sniper how they want. Snipers should operate from long range. IT's about discouraging a team from having an inordinate amount of snipers.

And I'm all for having a 2nd version of Conquest that is more structured while still providing the free for all version for those that don't care about anything other than doing whatever they want whenever they want.

• XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Someone had a decent idea of giving less and less points to snipers the more and more snipers on a team above a certain ideal range. And vice versa too. More points to snipers the farther their number drops below the ideal range. The idea being to use points to motivate players to not play sniper when there are too many on the team and motivate them to try sniper when there are too few.

You mean like how they removed the marksman bonus in BF4 and prevented snipers from scoring even as much as mediocre PTFO players - which also did nothing to stop snipers from playing how they want?

It's not about stopping people from playing sniper how they want. Snipers should operate from long range. IT's about discouraging a team from having an inordinate amount of snipers.

And I'm all for having a 2nd version of Conquest that is more structured while still providing the free for all version for those that don't care about anything other than doing whatever they want whenever they want.

Yo do realize there is not a "Sniper" class right? It is called Scout. Those who provide intell to the team and have their backs when needed. The important part is to provide intell. Far or close.
  • trip1ex
    4977 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Yo do realize there is not a "Sniper" class right? It is called Scout. Those who provide intell to the team and have their backs when needed. The important part is to provide intell. Far or close.

Same difference. Don't think anyone is confusing the class with another.
  • Loqtrall

How in the name of zeus' glorious **** is lowering scoring going to cause less people to play as scouts?

They already score way less than people actually playing objectives.

How many scoring changes is it going to take to show that snipers don't care how many points or kills they get?

Snipers care about sniping.
  • trip1ex
    edited October 2017

How in the name of zeus' glorious **** is lowering scoring going to cause less people to play as scouts?

How many scoring changes is it going to take to show that snipers don't care how many points or kills they get?

It certainly won't hurt. And it's just an idea that sounded like it would be worth exploring. There are players motivated by pts. Certainly everyone wants to level up right? Even DICE made it so non-premium players earn 0 points during Premium Friends promotion. The idea being to motivate players to buy Premium.

And so I imagine it would have some effect on the number playing sniper overall.

Let's say you got normal points when there were 8 snipers. But started getting less and less above that. Pretty soon you get to 16 snipers and you reach a point where no snipers on the team get any points. That's going to motivate some to not play sniper.

IT's also an idea that would be easy to implement. And you could judge the results after a month.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It certainly won't hurt. And it's just an idea that sounded like it would be worth exploring. There are players motivated by pts. Certainly everyone wants to level up right? Even DICE made it so non-premium players earn 0 points during Premium Friends promotion. The idea being to motivate players to buy Premium.

And so I imagine it would have some effect on the number playing sniper overall.

Let's say you got normal points when there were 8 snipers. But started getting less and less above that. Pretty soon you get to 16 snipers and you reach a point where no snipers on the team get any points. That's going to motivate some to not play sniper.

IT's also an idea that would be easy to implement. And you could judge the results after a month.

Then why shouldn't this same logic apply to all 4 infantry classes? Why single out Scout?

It should apply to everyone, I'm personally sick of having a team made of 27/32 Assault.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, I think it is bloody obvious they overbuffed the class like crazy and made way to open maps on top of that, why else if you find a round on a map that is kind of open but not entirely flat your thought when you only see 10-11 snipers on each team "oh, not many snipers out today". On Bf4 you had to play either Lancang dam or Dawnbreaker to even get close to those numbers, well, on Lancang 12-13 was not that unusual, "sooo, do anyone think the enemy will show up today, we have a miljon tanks driving around because someone just poured them into the map, but have anyone seen anyone on the ground, and with that not including those ontop of a building, ontop of the dam, at the edge of the map, ontop of a hill, inside the spawn...?".

And now having 15 snipers on each team is not unusual, and on a bad day 20 on each team (Yes, it does happen, not just everyday...), how is that even possible when there are 32 players on each team and there are ground vehicles, horses and planes also....

If it werent for the automaticos and the easy shotguns it would easily be the most played class with a big margin overall on the maps, as it is now it is second after assault and that is amazing considering some maps are kind of cramped an lowers the number greatly. Just look at Argonne, how many snipers are there on each team in average, maybe 4-5(?), but someone poured in a lot of assaults, and a lot of them have automaticos and shotguns because they are easy at short range no need to even ads. Now play Zao, even though there are tanks how many assaults are there, never enough, they can barely use their launchers because of the sniper barrage and most of their weapons are short range, how many snipers do an average game of Zao have, 14-15 on each team?

On PC this rant is about...

• DingoKillr
    3742 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I was just thinking how much whinging and whining would occur if on certain maps DICE created a special limited class called Sniper that used Elite crates as pick ups.

Such a class would need to have a special ability so you could be looking at 1HK to the body at any range, maybe no glint on the scope, extra range is also possible or even a silencer like the M1903 in SP.
    Other equipment possibly a P08, shield or decoy, ammo pouch.

Scout would still have rifles but sniper scopes would be switched to the marksman scope keeping the bipod so you still had the sniper variants.

I think that is the only way DICE would limit a class, but it would never happen.

I even chip in to provide my own conspiracy as to why there is no new Elite in the Tsar DLC it is because of the salt level already so high just think what an Elite Woman Sniper bring.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    I was just thinking how much whinging and whining would occur if on certain maps DICE created a special limited class called Sniper that used Elite crates as pick ups.

Such a class would need to have a special ability so you could be looking at 1HK to the body at any range, maybe no glint on the scope, extra range is also possible or even a silencer like the M1903 in SP.
    Other equipment possibly a P08, shield or decoy, ammo pouch.

Scout would still have rifles but sniper scopes would be switched to the marksman scope keeping the bipod so you still had the sniper variants.

I think that is the only way DICE would limit a class, but it would never happen.

I even chip in to provide my own conspiracy as to why there is no new Elite in the Tsar DLC it is because of the salt level already so high just think what an Elite Woman Sniper bring.

You mean similar to the one that spends more time OHK infantry than shooting at tanks, you mean that class of elite? That kind of is in the game already.