Weekly BF

I wish there was a "good game" mechanic.

Puckerbucket
694 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
There are a couple threads live now regarding taunting, and it reminds me of something I wish could be easily integrated into the existing game mechanics.
Generally speaking, I don't taunt and I find it pretty juvenile. The one exception I make is sometimes on Cavalry engagements; I made level 50 cavalry early on in the game release, and I think I'm pretty good at it. So it's sooooo annoying how Cav vs Cav is such a crap shoot; when you go head to head it's often a circling dogfight just like an air fight, and when two cavalry swords swing you can pretty much just roll the dice as to whether the level 50 or the level 0 rider will die.
So after I've engaged another experienced rider, pulled out all my tricks and come up the winner, I will occasionally drop the loser a medpack.
But the thing is: I DON'T ALWAYS MEAN IT AS A TAUNT. Sometimes, after an intense duel, it's kind of a show of respect. I won this one, but here's a salute.
And if I remember correctly, chivalry was still kind of a "thing" in WWI. I *think* it was the old movie Blue Max, where they were burying a KIA pilot, and the enemy pilot flew over the funeral, and instead of firing he dropped a bouquet in respect?
I know I'm just daydreaming, but wouldn't it be cool if when you dropped an ammo or health on an enemy you've killed, their game would render a bouquet, or a sword, or some other sign of respect? Who knows? Might even cut down on some of the taunting.
Yes, yes. I know. Will never happen. But a kid can dream.

Comments

• DaMutha1
    1263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I guarantee that every person you dropped a med pack on thought it was a taunt.
  • Puckerbucket
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DaMutha1 wrote: »
    I guarantee that every person you dropped a med pack on thought it was a taunt.

probably. But the vast majority probably never saw it either, since Cav can't be revived and it takes a few seconds to ride back to the scene of the crime.
  • trip1ex
    4877 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Good idea. Some kind of honorable salute. Maybe a proper burial and a few words. lol.
  • DaMutha1
    1263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I usually toss a med pack after tbagging so they clean up
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    More keys to toggle would be welcome, if it's on the commo rose...
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You can always take your shovel and hit the ground beside your enemy's corpse, so he thinks you are digging a grave for him.

I'm sure that would work.
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I believe one quick knee next to the corpse would send that signal.
  • xpixelbullyx
    1644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If I kill a camping assault will a 10a or automatico I will pull out my syringe and try and revive him.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2017

That can be seen as an incomplete teabagging. Like, you were about to dip but then your brain died.
    If I kill a camping assault will a 10a or automatico I will pull out my syringe and try and revive him.

I like that. "I hurt you my man, I hurt you. Let me fix it".
  • von_Campenstein

That can be seen as an incomplete teabagging. Like, you were about to dip but then your brain died.

Well to the dense everything is an insult, can't cure stupid.
  • aseveredfoot
    2446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think the 'sexy man pose' could be a bit of a salute.

I agree though, I wish here was a way to signal an enemy player that you respect them and the fight you just had.
  • xpixelbullyx
    1644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

And you know they're insta-skipping so if you do it quick he may see it.
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Better write a letter home to his family, you monster.
  • OrionPherrit
    448 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If we ever adopt emoticons like that "other game," we should get a genuine salute.
  • A1337chicken
    464 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If I win a melee fight even though I feel like I shouldn't have, I'll commrose a "Sorry." However, that's about the most you can do.
  • TheShwaaa
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Chivalry, the term comes from Chevalier (Cavalier) which in turn comes from Cheval (horse).

Unsurprisingly this suggestion comes from a Cavalry player.
  • von_Campenstein

If we ever adopt emoticons like that "other game," we should get a genuine salute.

You mean like the o7 in chat?
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If I win a melee fight even though I feel like I shouldn't have, I'll commrose a "Sorry." However, that's about the most you can do.

You *do* realize he won't see it right? Only your squad.. unless you are on PC and things work differently
  • OrionPherrit
    448 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

You mean like the o7 in chat?
    I don’t think we have chat on X1.

• JesseA421
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    i always just click thank you on the commorose in replace of gg