Weekly BF

no wonder certain LMGs need a damage buff,

huricanechuck
1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited October 2017
I've never really studied the symthic weapon stats too much ,but was just browsing around looking at them and I noticed ,the m1911pistol(most common pistol I see) does a max damage of 35 up to 6m ,which makes sense ,however all the way out to 16m it still does 25 damage ,which is more that the max damage of the LMGs but the LMGs damage drop is at 11m. on one hand I'm glad they made pistols relevant, because I've played several fps games where pistols were virtually useless, but to make them stronger than an LMG is a bit ridiculous. against faster firing LMGs this isn't a problem ,but slower ones like lewis gun ,huot, BM ,perino.this is a problem. no LMG should be getting out shot by a pistol.

Comments

• Decikraytor_6
    319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    THANK YOU finally someone who actualyl did the research on lmgs and inb4 people oh just pull out your sidearm
    Slrs can outgun sidearms assault weapons can outgun sidearms heck even bolt action rifles do 70+ famage outside the sweet spot and all you need is one bullet from the 1911 to finish them off

Lmgs shooting the largest cartridges in the game are getting outgunned by a pistol that shoot 9mm rounds and not at close ranges but mid range too
  • TheGM86
    783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nothing wrong with the Lois gun, perfectly fine for a weapon to take 7 rounds to kill somebody.
  • aseveredfoot
    2446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    These are the sorts of threads that make me think you guys JUST started playing the game, being that these kinds of threads were prevalent at the launch of the game.

They made pistols powerful as a way to level the CQB playing field for classes that are at a disadvantage in close quarters. Which is why Support has the quickest deploy time in the game, 2 hit kill Bulldog, plus the Steyr 1912, which has a nearly M1911 damage model but with a longer max damage dropoff...Also why medic has one of the most lethal sidearms, the Fosberry-Webley auto-revolver. Scout has access to the Bodeo and Frommer Stop, both very powerful sidearms.

Conversely they did the same in reverse for Assault, whose weapons aren't very well ranged, the Gasser has a 20m max damage 2 hit kill.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1481 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Did you just notice the hilariously powerful sidearms?
  • bleachee
    969 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It isn't just that some LMGs have too low minimum damage, but how quickly they fall off to minimum damage too. The Lewis needs 7 hits to kill at just 39 meters.
  • wiazabi
    508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    THANK YOU finally someone who actualyl did the research on lmgs and inb4 people oh just pull out your sidearm
    Slrs can outgun sidearms assault weapons can outgun sidearms heck even bolt action rifles do 70+ famage outside the sweet spot and all you need is one bullet from the 1911 to finish them off

Lmgs shooting the largest cartridges in the game are getting outgunned by a pistol that shoot 9mm rounds and not at close ranges but mid range too

On the other hand running around with the biggest gun using the largest cartridges does not hinder mobility.

Slrs cant outgun sidearms if you do a proper comparison, automatico / model 10 or similar one shot shotguns can though.

• bran1986
    5745 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nah. LMGs are fine. The damage is utterly offset by the massive magazine and RoF.
    If you aren't doing fine with LMGs you are doing it wrong.

Not to mention ease of use.
  • huricanechuck
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Did you just notice the hilariously powerful sidearms?

no , i didn't just notice , i just never really took the time to study or look it up . and i do agree with other post and am glad pistols were made as good as they are , i just don't think they should be stronger than LMGs after a certain range.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    LMg's are not even close to the powerhouses that they were in BF4. They are just horrid in this game. I use the Huot as my main but 7 bullets to kill is alot of bullets.
  • Flaccid_Tr1p
    52 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm glad they are changing the number of bullets to kill. 7 bullets from an LMG is pathetic and should have been changed when the game launched.

I've heard all the arguments to the contrary and none of them cut it. I'm not opposed either to giving the medics and scouts the necessary buffs to balance this change if need be.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Scouts need a buff? OHK in a 40 meter sweet spot does not need buffing......it needs eliminating.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with the Lois gun, perfectly fine for a weapon to take 7 rounds to kill somebody.

My sarcasm meter is pegged :)
  • Darrenbattlelog
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Massive magazines? Hardly. Benet has a 20 round. Chauchat is 20, Bar is 20. I personally use the Madsen storm. Ranked in the top .01% Ill say before all the "get gud" commenters chime in. Sad when you get beat with a P08 sidearm using a Benet. They need a buff. Small one.
  • Temp1st
    2464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The bad LMG's are more akin to trolling weapons that you take out "For the lulz" when you get bored owning everyone with a BAR or MG14.
    SMG08 and Browning A5 are like this for Assault.

There are some LMG's in the class that just straight suck, And other LMG's just have some bad variants.

The good LMG's tend to be good enough that all variants of them are good. This cannot be said about the bad LMG's.

For instance;
    BAR does not have a bad variant, All of them are good in their own way. Same goes for the Madsen, MG15, Chauchat, MG14.
  • bran1986
    5745 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Massive magazines? Hardly. Benet has a 20 round. Chauchat is 20, Bar is 20. I personally use the Madsen storm. Ranked in the top .01% Ill say before all the "get gud" commenters chime in. Sad when you get beat with a P08 sidearm using a Benet. They need a buff. Small one.

The Benet has 30 rounds and the Chauchat is basically a medic gun in terms of damage. The whole point of lmgs is they are the most versatile guns in the game. They work at many ranges and are the easiest guns to use in terms of mechanics, which basically is hold down the fire button to shoot lasers, plus you have the added benefit of suppression.
  • Decikraytor_6
    319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    wiazabi wrote: »

On the other hand running around with the biggest gun using the largest cartridges does not hinder mobility.

Slrs cant outgun sidearms if you do a proper comparison, automatico / model 10 or similar one shot shotguns can though.

Stats wise maybe but in game the medic has the modt powerful semi auto primaries scout technically has first but the sweet spot mechanic makes it so its range dependant also both slrs and most sidearms take 3 bullets to kill so its more based on the user

Also if cartidge size was an issue to movement speed then the hellregial wouldnt be as compalined about because they have to carry more cartidges then other assaults

And frankly the lmgs in bf4 had fast fire rates, actual magazine sizes, and killed in 4 bullets minimum and i dont hear the vets complaining about that
  • Darrenbattlelog
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

The Benet has 30 rounds and the Chauchat is basically a medic gun in terms of damage. The whole point of lmgs is they are the most versatile guns in the game. They work at many ranges and are the easiest guns to use in terms of mechanics, which basically is hold down the fire button to shoot lasers, plus you have the added benefit of suppression.

I agree with some of your points, but in no way they are lasers. Only when its bipoded. And then you are a head shot waiting to happen. Problem is when you lose against a hand gun? Cmon really they are underpowered. They need a slight buff. One less round to kill and they will be right where they should be, Bar nonwithstanding , as that gun needs no buff. Bernet, lewis, and that level 10 junk the huot. Those need tweeks.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1481 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hate to break it but with the power of the hanguns the only weapons that have an edge against them at really close range are automaticos, shotguns and an bayonett charge.
  • Darrenbattlelog
    Not unless you miss... has happened many times.