The game need a sniper cap pls....

Comments

  • rock1obsta
    3803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    I hate campers too. Like most guys.

    However, the amount of hyperbole, and exaggerated claims of "20 snipers on a team" are ridiculous.
    Just insane.

    Any limit is going to be detrimental to a sandbox shooter based on choice. Limiting choice is always a bad idea.

    You are not allowed to impose your will on anyone, for any reason, ever, which is what these pro limit guys wanna do to the other players.

    "But rock1obsta," I can hear some of you saying, "the campers impose their will on me by not ptfo'ing."

    To which I reply, "campers suck. I know. I feel yer pain cuz it annoys the hell outta me, too," but they aren't imposing anything.

    Someone camping doesn't force anyone to play the game in a completely different way than how they want. No matter how inconvenient it may be to deal with them.

    At it's core, this limit argument is all about trying to control how someone else plays. Nothing more.

    Players who really, truly believe that someone should alter their playstyle because they don't like it should put their money where their mouth is and buy the games for them then .

    Seriously believing that someone is obligated to play your way is just ridiculously wrong.

    Nobody has the right to tell anybody how to play at all. To think otherwise indicates a malfunction in one's thinking.

    You have zero power over someone else's choice. That's how it is, and thats how it should stay.

    Imagine if a buncha scouts decided they wanted to limit one of the other classes. The outcry would be epic.

    They could easily say "too many medics reviving people isn't fair. I gotta keep killin em cuz they keep reviving, and there's too many guys alive on the other team. Make a medic limit."

    Ridiculous, right? Of course it is.

    Complaining about the use of a valid tactic, be it camping or reviving is fine. Complain away.

    But actively lobbying for any limits to player choice in a game built on it is always going to be 100% wrong.

    Well said :)

    Thanks, man :smile:
  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    I hate campers too. Like most guys.

    However, the amount of hyperbole, and exaggerated claims of "20 snipers on a team" are ridiculous.
    Just insane.

    Any limit is going to be detrimental to a sandbox shooter based on choice. Limiting choice is always a bad idea.

    You are not allowed to impose your will on anyone, for any reason, ever, which is what these pro limit guys wanna do to the other players.

    "But rock1obsta," I can hear some of you saying, "the campers impose their will on me by not ptfo'ing."

    To which I reply, "campers suck. I know. I feel yer pain cuz it annoys the hell outta me, too," but they aren't imposing anything.

    Someone camping doesn't force anyone to play the game in a completely different way than how they want. No matter how inconvenient it may be to deal with them.

    At it's core, this limit argument is all about trying to control how someone else plays. Nothing more.

    Players who really, truly believe that someone should alter their playstyle because they don't like it should put their money where their mouth is and buy the games for them then .

    Seriously believing that someone is obligated to play your way is just ridiculously wrong.

    Nobody has the right to tell anybody how to play at all. To think otherwise indicates a malfunction in one's thinking.

    You have zero power over someone else's choice. That's how it is, and thats how it should stay.

    Imagine if a buncha scouts decided they wanted to limit one of the other classes. The outcry would be epic.

    They could easily say "too many medics reviving people isn't fair. I gotta keep killin em cuz they keep reviving, and there's too many guys alive on the other team. Make a medic limit."

    Ridiculous, right? Of course it is.

    Complaining about the use of a valid tactic, be it camping or reviving is fine. Complain away.

    But actively lobbying for any limits to player choice in a game built on it is always going to be 100% wrong.

    Well said :)

    Thanks, man :smile:

    Endeed.
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Stop camping and sniper will never be an issue.
  • trip1ex
    4694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    I hate campers too. Like most guys.

    However, the amount of hyperbole, and exaggerated claims of "20 snipers on a team" are ridiculous.
    Just insane.

    Any limit is going to be detrimental to a sandbox shooter based on choice. Limiting choice is always a bad idea.

    You are not allowed to impose your will on anyone, for any reason, ever, which is what these pro limit guys wanna do to the other players.

    "But rock1obsta," I can hear some of you saying, "the campers impose their will on me by not ptfo'ing."

    To which I reply, "campers suck. I know. I feel yer pain cuz it annoys the hell outta me, too," but they aren't imposing anything.

    Someone camping doesn't force anyone to play the game in a completely different way than how they want. No matter how inconvenient it may be to deal with them.

    At it's core, this limit argument is all about trying to control how someone else plays. Nothing more.

    Players who really, truly believe that someone should alter their playstyle because they don't like it should put their money where their mouth is and buy the games for them then .

    Seriously believing that someone is obligated to play your way is just ridiculously wrong.

    Nobody has the right to tell anybody how to play at all. To think otherwise indicates a malfunction in one's thinking.

    You have zero power over someone else's choice. That's how it is, and thats how it should stay.

    Imagine if a buncha scouts decided they wanted to limit one of the other classes. The outcry would be epic.

    They could easily say "too many medics reviving people isn't fair. I gotta keep killin em cuz they keep reviving, and there's too many guys alive on the other team. Make a medic limit."

    Ridiculous, right? Of course it is.

    Complaining about the use of a valid tactic, be it camping or reviving is fine. Complain away.

    But actively lobbying for any limits to player choice in a game built on it is always going to be 100% wrong.


    Nonsense. That's a strawman argument. No one telling players how to play. They want limit how many can play a class on a map.

    They already limit the number of players who can use stuff in the game. Pilots, tankers, horseman, elite kits, etc.


  • rock1obsta
    3803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    I hate campers too. Like most guys.

    However, the amount of hyperbole, and exaggerated claims of "20 snipers on a team" are ridiculous.
    Just insane.

    Any limit is going to be detrimental to a sandbox shooter based on choice. Limiting choice is always a bad idea.

    You are not allowed to impose your will on anyone, for any reason, ever, which is what these pro limit guys wanna do to the other players.

    "But rock1obsta," I can hear some of you saying, "the campers impose their will on me by not ptfo'ing."

    To which I reply, "campers suck. I know. I feel yer pain cuz it annoys the hell outta me, too," but they aren't imposing anything.

    Someone camping doesn't force anyone to play the game in a completely different way than how they want. No matter how inconvenient it may be to deal with them.

    At it's core, this limit argument is all about trying to control how someone else plays. Nothing more.

    Players who really, truly believe that someone should alter their playstyle because they don't like it should put their money where their mouth is and buy the games for them then .

    Seriously believing that someone is obligated to play your way is just ridiculously wrong.

    Nobody has the right to tell anybody how to play at all. To think otherwise indicates a malfunction in one's thinking.

    You have zero power over someone else's choice. That's how it is, and thats how it should stay.

    Imagine if a buncha scouts decided they wanted to limit one of the other classes. The outcry would be epic.

    They could easily say "too many medics reviving people isn't fair. I gotta keep killin em cuz they keep reviving, and there's too many guys alive on the other team. Make a medic limit."

    Ridiculous, right? Of course it is.

    Complaining about the use of a valid tactic, be it camping or reviving is fine. Complain away.

    But actively lobbying for any limits to player choice in a game built on it is always going to be 100% wrong.


    Nonsense. That's a strawman argument. No one telling players how to play. They want limit how many can play a class on a map.

    They already limit the number of players who can use stuff in the game. Pilots, tankers, horseman, elite kits, etc.


    No. Sorry but I think you're wrong.

    Eliminating player choice is one of the absolute worst ideas a game dev can do. Especially when their games encourage choosing a role.

    In terms of planes, vehicles, horses, whatever, these are assets to be shared. Not classes unto themselves. Can't be pilot class without a plane, and so on. They must be limited in order to promote the specific game the devs wanna make. Otherwise you got nobody as an infantryman, & everyone else in a vehicle of some sort. Most definitely not a Battlefield game.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    rock1obsta wrote: »

    In terms of planes, vehicles, horses, whatever, these are assets to be shared. Not classes unto themselves. Can't be pilot class without a plane, and so on. They must be limited in order to promote the specific game the devs wanna make. Otherwise you got nobody as an infantryman, & everyone else in a vehicle of some sort. Most definitely not a Battlefield game.

    Exactly.

    I don't know why people keep trying to bring up the "but vehicles are already limited!" argument when it's absolute nonsense, and I have no idea when it will stop or what has to be said to get it to stop.

    People need to realize that the class based system is what makes up a humongous chunk of "BF gameplay" in general, because at any given time the vast majority of players on either team are going to be infantrymen. In terms of freedom of choice in that regard, Battlefield has always allowed people to play whatever class they want.

    Using the counter-argument "Well, then why don't they put no limits on vehicles if they're all about free choice?" is absolute BS in my book - then we'd be playing World of Tanks and War Thunder in most matches because of how much power vehicles can give you, we wouldn't be playing BF.

    I'm willing to bet someone will come back with JUST as illogical an argument as the "but vehicles are limited" argument and say something along the lines of "Well, with all the snipers we may as well be playing Sniper Elite: WWI" as if 90% of all players they ever play with are camping at range with rifles.

    It seems some people are just not happy with the type of game Battlefield is or has been for over a decade, and seemingly want Battlefield to be something else. And by "be something else", I mean cater to the way they want the game to be played.
  • DingoKillr
    3508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    27/32 players assault will never happen, didnt even happen in Bf4 and there they poured vehicles onto the maps with no thought of what would happen.

    I guess you don't play Argonne Conquest much. So many Assault with Automatico and 10A sliding about.
  • Granathar
    249 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »

    No. Sorry but I think you're wrong.

    Eliminating player choice is one of the absolute worst ideas a game dev can do.

    Oh yeah? That's why 99% of games are not actually sandboxes and even sandboxes only have some palette of possibilities that user can choose from? It's a miracle that gaming industry still even exists! Beside - how is this "eliminating" player's choice? If one class is capped because of limit he still has 3 infantry classes and pilots/cavarly/drivers. Choice is barely limited. If someone just can't stand that THIS ONE PARTICULAR CLASS is unavailable at the moment then he is not even using "choice" of this game - he is railroading and refuses to even switch from scout to long-range medic or from Assault to MG14 Support. This is level of whine that is beyond my understanding, beyond adult people for whom this game is created. Are players an 8 year old children or something to cry about not being able to be sniper from time to time BECAUSE HE ALWAYS PLAYS ONLY SNIPER HURR DURR? He can actually still snipe with Medic, yet it will be a bit more difficult.

    This choice argument is just ridiculous. Have you ever seen someone whining about not being able to play dwarf-wizard in most of cRPG games? No? Because people can actually understand that things are how they are and dwarves are magic-resistant in most of fantasy settings. Yeah, they they are a little older than primary school kid and can somehow deal with such CHOICE ELIMNATION.
    rock1obsta wrote: »

    In terms of planes, vehicles, horses, whatever, these are assets to be shared. Not classes unto themselves.

    Oh yeah? I'm wondering why there are levels for them then? They are not classes, so what for?
  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2017
    Granathar wrote: »

    "Yeah, they they are a little older than primary school kid and can somehow deal with..."

    "...Snipers on a game without changing the game."

    Thank me later.

  • Granathar
    249 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

    "...Snipers on a game without changing the game."

    Thank me later.

    We discuss gamebreaking mechanisms there. I can give away some choices I can make for the sake of good and balanced gameplay. When game is destroyed because of snipercampfest the only thing you can do is to leave the game. Some maps don't have tanks or planes and people are fine with that somehow. Why you keep implying that people just COULD NOT ACCEPT that it's forbidden that half of the server plays scout on the same map? I could, because it annoys me way less to not be able to play something and choose it's closest alternative than playing the game that is infested by camping snipers that spawnkill me seconds after I respawn.

    Fao Fortress in Domination mode is completely broken many times map solely because of snipers camping on every friggin wall and tower. When people are not exploiting high ground and peeking through small tower windows with sniper rifles it's actually a nice map with very nice flanking possibilities. But when one team that starts within the castle takes all the towers and then snipers are starting to multiply like bacteria respawning on their camping squad members it's suddenly unplayable, because you just can't even get inside the castle as EVERY single enterance has 1-2 snipers / deployed LMGs watching it. 70% of my deaths on this map are from sniper rifles. I can actually survive LMG fire, but OHK from sweetspot range leaves me completely helpless.

    You people rather prefer rounds to be broken only because someone somewhere may whine that he can't be another camping sniper on Fao Fortress tower for example or another Tusken Raider lying on the sand on Suez. These situations are not so often actually - most of the times teams are pretty diverse and things are balanced (teams are not balanced - that's another story, but classes are pretty diverse). But there are some maps that promote single-class spam and end up with snipercampfest when one team bunkers at some safe spot with nice visibility and pretty large distance to next objective. Solution for this problem could be modifying these maps so they are not so sniper-friendly, but I'm not sure if Sinai desert can actually be saved by anything in this matter. Amiens is a map that promotes diversity, because each class can find it's niche pretty easily and I'm sure that nobody would ever hit any limitation on this map.

    The best solution for this problem without erasing a few maps from the game would be limitation for certain classes on certain maps in certain modes.
  • DingoKillr
    3508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Granathar wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »

    No. Sorry but I think you're wrong.

    Eliminating player choice is one of the absolute worst ideas a game dev can do.

    Oh yeah? That's why 99% of games are not actually sandboxes and even sandboxes only have some palette of possibilities that user can choose from? It's a miracle that gaming industry still even exists! Beside - how is this "eliminating" player's choice? If one class is capped because of limit he still has 3 infantry classes and pilots/cavarly/drivers. Choice is barely limited. If someone just can't stand that THIS ONE PARTICULAR CLASS is unavailable at the moment then he is not even using "choice" of this game - he is railroading and refuses to even switch from scout to long-range medic or from Assault to MG14 Support. This is level of whine that is beyond my understanding, beyond adult people for whom this game is created. Are players an 8 year old children or something to cry about not being able to be sniper from time to time BECAUSE HE ALWAYS PLAYS ONLY SNIPER HURR DURR? He can actually still snipe with Medic, yet it will be a bit more difficult.

    This choice argument is just ridiculous. Have you ever seen someone whining about not being able to play dwarf-wizard in most of cRPG games? No? Because people can actually understand that things are how they are and dwarves are magic-resistant in most of fantasy settings. Yeah, they they are a little older than primary school kid and can somehow deal with such CHOICE ELIMNATION.
    rock1obsta wrote: »

    In terms of planes, vehicles, horses, whatever, these are assets to be shared. Not classes unto themselves.

    Oh yeah? I'm wondering why there are levels for them then? They are not classes, so what for?

    If you limit Scout you should limit every class. It sucked in BF4 because bad admin in Asia all copied the same crappy profile and had 3 on rifle or DMR. Which meant 3 hill campers and everyone else running short range, it ruined the game, as it left Assault with longer range guns and first aid or Engineers using RPG, some real smart thinkers there. Guess what the same will happen in BF1.

    If you make Snipers equivalent to vehicle assets 1st you will be back here whinging about them being made to powerful and that they need to be nerf, this will happen until they are nerfed so hard they are no better then any other Infantry like now, which then question why do it in the first place. 2nd what happen to Scout's other rifles and scoped weapons? Do they get better for closer range? Do they get a choice of another weapons class like Carbines?
  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Granathar wrote: »

    "...Snipers on a game without changing the game."

    Thank me later.

    We discuss gamebreaking mechanisms there. I can give away some choices I can make for the sake of good and balanced gameplay. When game is destroyed because of snipercampfest the only thing you can do is to leave the game. Some maps don't have tanks or planes and people are fine with that somehow. Why you keep implying that people just COULD NOT ACCEPT that it's forbidden that half of the server plays scout on the same map? I could, because it annoys me way less to not be able to play something and choose it's closest alternative than playing the game that is infested by camping snipers that spawnkill me seconds after I respawn.

    Fao Fortress in Domination mode is completely broken many times map solely because of snipers camping on every friggin wall and tower. When people are not exploiting high ground and peeking through small tower windows with sniper rifles it's actually a nice map with very nice flanking possibilities. But when one team that starts within the castle takes all the towers and then snipers are starting to multiply like bacteria respawning on their camping squad members it's suddenly unplayable, because you just can't even get inside the castle as EVERY single enterance has 1-2 snipers / deployed LMGs watching it. 70% of my deaths on this map are from sniper rifles. I can actually survive LMG fire, but OHK from sweetspot range leaves me completely helpless.

    You people rather prefer rounds to be broken only because someone somewhere may whine that he can't be another camping sniper on Fao Fortress tower for example or another Tusken Raider lying on the sand on Suez. These situations are not so often actually - most of the times teams are pretty diverse and things are balanced (teams are not balanced - that's another story, but classes are pretty diverse). But there are some maps that promote single-class spam and end up with snipercampfest when one team bunkers at some safe spot with nice visibility and pretty large distance to next objective. Solution for this problem could be modifying these maps so they are not so sniper-friendly, but I'm not sure if Sinai desert can actually be saved by anything in this matter. Amiens is a map that promotes diversity, because each class can find it's niche pretty easily and I'm sure that nobody would ever hit any limitation on this map.

    The best solution for this problem without erasing a few maps from the game would be limitation for certain classes on certain maps in certain modes.

    No my friend. You talk about your opinion about the class balance and try to push your way (totally understandable) even though numbers dont back your facts.
    Your gameplay, skill and experience make you believe there is a balance problem where actually it is not. The issue comes because the players, not classes. As allways.
    You claim "game breaking" mechanics are a thing and you are trying to limit one class alone. That is Bias.
    You are trying to push your way into a game with 4 main equal classes and we are telling you that it is not fair.
  • Granathar
    249 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    If you limit Scout you should limit every class.

    I can't recall single situation where abusing Assault, Medic or Support class actually destroyed the game. But I have at least one or two DAILY cases in Domination mode where distances are way shorter and Scouts are theoretically in disadvantage. Because there are maps that were basically made for camping with sniper rifle. Everything is fine until sniper rifles exceed some critical mass.
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    It sucked in BF4 because bad admin in Asia all copied the same crappy profile and had 3 on rifle or DMR. Which meant 3 hill campers and everyone else running short range, it ruined the game, as it left Assault with longer range guns and first aid or Engineers using RPG, some real smart thinkers there. Guess what the same will happen in BF1.

    Snipers don't really need a nerf. There is just too many of them sometimes because map topology favours them a little too much. It's good if there are few snipers, but it's not good when there are masses of them only waiting for you to come through the door of from behind the corner. When sniper is waiting for you - you won't have enough time to react even if you are sniper too. When Assault is camping around the corner suddenly grenades will start flying there and kill him or at least scare him out of this location. But sniper sits on his **** far away from there and you can't do anything to him. On some maps mortars or infantry AT rocket destroying whole buildings can help, but on the others nothing can help - for example on Fao. Actually I feel that Fao will be fixed in next DLC if they introduce grappling hook - so you can climb anywhere and flank like mad.
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    If you make Snipers equivalent to vehicle assets 1st you will be back here whinging about them being made to powerful and that they need to be nerf, this will happen until they are nerfed so hard they are no better then any other Infantry like now, which then question why do it in the first place.

    They don't really need a nerf, they only need their numbers regulated SOMETIMES. Or maybe medics need a buff so they can kill them faster at midrange. Right now medics are not very effective at countersniping, because they need to pack more bullets to the sniper and he can take you down with single shot in sweetspot range or with one headshot.
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Do they get better for closer range? Do they get a choice of another weapons class like Carbines?

    They have this:

    http://symthic.com/bf1-weapon-info?w=Russian_1895_Trench

    But they could use some more lever-action rifles so they can a little bit better at close range. Right now they are better with sidearms at close range.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @Granathar
    So you actually want to beat the sniper rifle in its range with a medic rifle?
    I suggest you try a different tactic against the sniper instead of asking for a slr buff...
  • Granathar
    249 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    So you actually want to beat the sniper rifle in its range with a medic rifle?
    I suggest you try a different tactic against the sniper instead of asking for a slr buff...

    I would want medic to have one-two rifles that are meant to countersnipe at mid range. I'm speaking about medium range, not 150+ m. Because right now you are saying that scouts are kings of medium+long range, so I would say that medic that has no particular range for himself is underpowered. Assault is king of CQC, Scout medium+long, what's about the rest? I'm exaggeratting a little of course, but I feel that Scouts should be more afraid of Medics (armed with cerain weapons) than they are now. I think Medics should have something like sweetspot range too, where they can kill with 2 bullets. Only for skill cannons like Selb 1906, but still - they should be able to countersnipe at certain ranges where Scouts should actually be afraid of them.

    I play Medic a lot and I rather use Fedorov because I just feel it's not worth engaging snipers at higher ranges when they are not immobile. Selb 1906 is best long range thing I have but most of the times I hit 2/3 bullets and sniper goes into cover where he will stay until his HP will recover. I still have optical variant to unlock, so maybe it will be better then.

    When there is so many snipers only waiting for you to come there is no tactic that can save you - you just run and die, no matter where you go, you will not get them, you will not be fast enough to take him down - because he is already waiting for you. I recommend playing on camper infested Fao Fortress in Domination mode so you can taste what's the problem with snipers. Wherever you will try to enter the castle will be sniper waiting for you. If they aren't experienced then they will need headshot to take you down - don't worry, few of them will often watch this spot so you will get two hits in no time anyway. But it they are experienced - they will wait for you within sweetspot range so you can have tasty OHK deaths over and over again.

    And no, you can't use mortar to take them down because they are too high or they sit inside tower ;) So you can basically just leave the match, because your team will lose 500:100 anyway. Great fun, I recommend it to anyone who thinks that there are no problems with snipers and "tactics" can always solve it. Teamplay may solve it, but how many times you see teamplay in random BF1 match?
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Removing AA will make all the difference.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Granathar wrote: »
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    So you actually want to beat the sniper rifle in its range with a medic rifle?
    I suggest you try a different tactic against the sniper instead of asking for a slr buff...

    I would want medic to have one-two rifles that are meant to countersnipe at mid range. I'm speaking about medium range, not 150+ m. Because right now you are saying that scouts are kings of medium+long range, so I would say that medic that has no particular range for himself is underpowered. Assault is king of CQC, Scout medium+long, what's about the rest? I'm exaggeratting a little of course, but I feel that Scouts should be more afraid of Medics (armed with cerain weapons) than they are now. I think Medics should have something like sweetspot range too, where they can kill with 2 bullets. Only for skill cannons like Selb 1906, but still - they should be able to countersnipe at certain ranges where Scouts should actually be afraid of them.

    I play Medic a lot and I rather use Fedorov because I just feel it's not worth engaging snipers at higher ranges when they are not immobile. Selb 1906 is best long range thing I have but most of the times I hit 2/3 bullets and sniper goes into cover where he will stay until his HP will recover. I still have optical variant to unlock, so maybe it will be better then.

    When there is so many snipers only waiting for you to come there is no tactic that can save you - you just run and die, no matter where you go, you will not get them, you will not be fast enough to take him down - because he is already waiting for you. I recommend playing on camper infested Fao Fortress in Domination mode so you can taste what's the problem with snipers. Wherever you will try to enter the castle will be sniper waiting for you. If they aren't experienced then they will need headshot to take you down - don't worry, few of them will often watch this spot so you will get two hits in no time anyway. But it they are experienced - they will wait for you within sweetspot range so you can have tasty OHK deaths over and over again.

    And no, you can't use mortar to take them down because they are too high or they sit inside tower ;) So you can basically just leave the match, because your team will lose 500:100 anyway. Great fun, I recommend it to anyone who thinks that there are no problems with snipers and "tactics" can always solve it. Teamplay may solve it, but how many times you see teamplay in random BF1 match?
    So you never tried to flank a sniper?
    You just go into a 1 on 1 fight with the sniper?...
    Git gud.
  • Granathar
    249 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    Removing AA will make all the difference.

    On PC? I talk about PC all the time.
  • Granathar
    249 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    So you never tried to flank a sniper?
    You just go into a 1 on 1 fight with the sniper?...
    Git gud.

    Flank a sniper on Fao Fortress in Domination... You don't know what I'm talking about, don't you?
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Granathar wrote: »
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    So you never tried to flank a sniper?
    You just go into a 1 on 1 fight with the sniper?...
    Git gud.

    Flank a sniper on Fao Fortress in Domination... You don't know what I'm talking about, don't you?
    Lol, don't tell me that's impossible...
Sign In or Register to comment.