Magnification on gun sights

ddarn37
117 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Was wondering what magnification I should set my guns on?

I understand about setting the scout magnification higher except under 4x to prevent glint,but what about what is a good setting for other class weapons and why?

Comments

• INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I use 2.00x on the bar

I don't really use any other gun lol
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    I prefer maximum possible zoom available. but it's a personal preference. if you are using any fov adjustments and you turn off fov when aiming you will notice a huge boost to ads zoom as well ;)
    Post edited by full951 on
  • Chillmatik_86
    2369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ddarn37 wrote: »
    Was wondering what magnification I should set my guns on?

I understand about setting the scout magnification higher except under 4x to prevent glint,but what about what is a good setting for other class weapons and why?

Depents on your positioning. Are most of your shots medium to long range, than make sure your zoom is higher, are you all about close quarters like i am, turn the zoom down. I allways have minimal zoom on all weapons i use. Over distance i'm a bad shot anyway so i just spot people that are not in my prefered close range area and keep moving.
  • ddarn37
    117 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Short to medium as the 3 classes except scout
  • llIBertIll
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Definitely a trial and error personal preference thing to what suits your play style.
    I personally use 2x zoom on all weapons I can as I am always close to medium and like the consistency of the same zoom
  • Cryptekslayer
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I found that the more zoom the more recoil so if it kicks like a mule then i drop it lower until its usable for me, most LMGs benefit greatly from the secondary AA ironsight and found the radium sight great for most scouts mainly the new Vetterli-Vitali
  • The_BERG_366
    2666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    I would drop them as low as possible (for any non-sniper rifle), lets u see more of the environment and makes it easier to track in cqb. as long as you have decent aim u shouldn't really struggle at long range as long range engagements are ways slower than cqb ones by design.
    personally I use 1.25 on almost everything (to keep it the same for guns with sights and ones without). the exception being a few which I use 1.0...
    Post edited by The_BERG_366 on
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    shotguns/smg/pistol 1.25x close range guns
    medic guns/lmg 2.00x mid guns

how I see it
  • Trokey66
    8961 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I find 1.5X across the board a reasonable compromise in most circumstances but as others have said, it really is personal preference.
  • OG-N2rock
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2017
    I set all mine at 1x whenever possible. Less noticeable recoil. But more importantly, there is no change in perspective when going from hip to ADS. I prefer that so that I can reliably stay on target as I switch.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I prefer to have the max on most of my weapons besides my sidearms

I like to have the extra zoom for better clarity down range. I have spotted numerous enemies in rocks, peeking from the corner of windows, looking over the top of a distant rock this way.
  • TylymiezWelho
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I use about 1.25 or 1.50 on all my weapons that allow it, i.e. non-marksman variants.

The only exception is some hipfire smg's, where I put the zoom on max - on those I don't usually fire using ADS, but instead I use the extra zoom as a sort of mini binoculars to check out terrain before rushing in.