Low Fps GTX 1080TI and fps drop in Ultrawide res

Neverdal
13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited October 2017
Hello!

I having a problem With my system, i have drops Down to 30-40fps and avrage around top 80`s. Top maybe 105fps.
Running all in ultra, 3440x1440 res, and dx11 and res scale @100%
I have formated the pc and only thing i have in my pc now is bf1.

My Specs:

Acer X34: 3440x1440p
PSU: Evga: 750w
GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 1080ti
CPU: i7-6700k @ Stock
Ram: 16gb @ 2133mhz

I have confi the user.cfg file and without. small diffrent With the user file, 5-10fps.
Did try medium and high setting without aa active. Then i get lower fps. So i feel somthing is wrong. Gpu is running at 80-100% under gaming and all cores cpu is running about 40-70%.

Somone have some tips ? before i formated my pc i had same problem, but i had ony mp game before, and then i did get 115-130fps in same settings in all rounds.

Sorry my bad English, but i hope some of you have som tips.

Post edited by Neverdal on

Comments

• NamelessForNow
    1471 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Creators update?
  • Neverdal
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i have verson 1703 build: 15063.532
  • NamelessForNow
    1471 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That's your problem. Try turning off all that game mode/bar xbox crap first. It might fix it. I had the same problem as well. The only fix was rolling back to the anniversary update. There is a fall update for Microsoft on the 17th that I've heard fixes the fps drops/stuttering for people that do the insiders thing. Some say it doesn't work.
  • Neverdal
    i now got verson 1511 build 10586.1106, little better fps, but its all over the plase, from 45-110 it not as stable .
  • F1aw1ess
    817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    overclock cpu and ram a bit and report back
  • F1aw1ess
    817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    actually thinking about it, theres another lad with a similar setup that fixed a similar problem with a weird settings change, 2 secs and ill try to find it.

EDIT: I think I found my solution...

In Nvidia control panel under scaling I changed it to full screen and GPU (not display). This helped me alot and the lines in the graph are stable most of the time. Is heavy combat still dropping to 85, but that is normal. Most of the time 100+ FPS. In St Quintin Scar still dropping to 70-75, but that's just the map I guess.

Worth a look
  • Neverdal
    this did help, im now around 80-120fps average about 95fps. Dondt have the drops to 40fps, stedy around 100 xD tanx you !
  • F1aw1ess
    thanks for letting us know ill keep this in mind for others now its worked for 2 people :)
  • Neverdal
    keep in mind i use now nvidia driver 385.69 not the latest 387.92 :)
  • -Eagleye68
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Make it 3 people it has worked for. Better fps all-around bf1 with a x-34, gtx 1080 and Ryzen 1800
  • bass-junkie-xl
    546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    windows 10 1704 creatotrs update = lag,random studders

i did a fresh instal of windows 10 1607 + updates ( blocked creatorts update )
    -games run like butter
    -no random studders / spikes
    -fps is high more consitant
    -82 total system prosses ( including my apps ) vs 140 prosses on creators update
    - system is faster overall
    - -i miss night light from creatorts update there is a standalone app that does the sdame thing as night does on a scedual and its free ! called ( f.lux ) really cool app like night light
    - you still get updates to your software and drivers

-make damn sure you google how to stop creators update from down loading using gpedit.msc in command promt and u can make sit so that it defers the update for buisnnes for 180 days ( even though your not ) and al lyour goodies still get updated :)

-i sued shut up 10 app that stops all privacy / telmentary crap cut down my prosses by 18 aswell

it sux yes to have to do a clean ijnstal but its werth it guys
  • Neverdal
    After Windows update, the fps drops low under 100. And again i got the problem. drops under 50. the settings are set like before. all cores aktive in Windows. The scaling in Windows is on gpu. still use nvidia driver 385.69. Did have drops to 40fps 5-6 times in 5min MP run. I feel the hw Upgrade i did With x34 and gtx1080ti was a disaster. I had a 1080p monitor (60hz) and gtx 1070 before. And then it was smooth as silk! More Money i put in the rigg, lower fps i get.! all other games runs great! Wildlands, The Division, BF4( 140fps avrage) .
  • euphoreonz
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

-games run like butter
    -82 total system prosses ( including my apps ) vs 140 prosses on creators update
    - -i miss night light from creatorts update there is a standalone app that does the sdame thing as night does on a scedual and its free ! called ( f.lux ) really cool app like night light

-make damn sure you google how to stop creators update from down loading using gpedit.msc in command promt and u can make sit so that it defers the update for buisnnes for 180 days ( even though your not ) and al lyour goodies still get updated :)

-i sued shut up 10 app that stops all privacy / telmentary crap cut down my prosses by 18 aswell

Man, stop mentioning the processes... you just sound stupid at this point. They aren't NEW processes ffs.
  • bass-junkie-xl
    546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    euphoreonz wrote: »

-games run like butter

Man, stop mentioning the processes... you just sound stupid at this point. They aren't NEW processes ffs.

Love you to bud. :)
  • freakingcrazy
    924 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2017
    Neverdal wrote: »
    After Windows update, the fps drops low under 100. And again i got the problem. drops under 50. the settings are set like before. all cores aktive in Windows. The scaling in Windows is on gpu. still use nvidia driver 385.69. Did have drops to 40fps 5-6 times in 5min MP run. I feel the hw Upgrade i did With x34 and gtx1080ti was a disaster. I had a 1080p monitor (60hz) and gtx 1070 before. And then it was smooth as silk! More Money i put in the rigg, lower fps i get.! all other games runs great! Wildlands, The Division, BF4( 140fps avrage) .

This game eats cpu for breakfast,your GPU needs more even cpu power.
    After the upgrade it uses even more cpu power.

This game is cpu heavy and als gpu heavy.

The other games will be mor GPU heavy and not as much cpu heavy

• Neverdal
    got the same problem again, but even wors now ! avrage around 60fps. so tired off this! Somone got a answer ?
  • jaydog32
    210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Got off the phone with EA “customer service.” Did everything they recommended. Still have issues with a very nice set up. I was getting 140 tp 160 FPS. After the recent patch 19 to 85 FPS.
  • jaydog32
    210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Braddock.... can we get official advise with this issue?
  • Neverdal
    i did roll back my nvidia driver, to 380.00 . and its working a littlebit better. im up to avrage 80fps, still too low. But better then 50-60