Fedorov vs. SL Sweeper

thesmoothone1
73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Hey guys,
Wanted to see what you thought of the Fedorov Trench/Optical variants compared to the SL Sweeper. I love all three of these guns, but I'm loving the Fedorov's more and more each time I use them. They just rip!

Comments

• AaronTheZombie
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    Not much of a Sweeper fan, haven't used it since I service starred it like 11 months ago. I don't really see anyone using any of the M1907's anymore.
    The Fedorov isn't my favorite gun but I have it has one of my three presets because it is incredibly versatile. At close ranges it mops up everything with it's large magazine and at mid range semi-auto fire can handle anything but a medic with a faster/more accurate rifle.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The Avtomat is better in pretty much every way really.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3543 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    None, but if I've to the Fedorov.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I might be biased, but I prefer the sweeper. I've just had more practice
  • TehDukeOfNukem
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Avtomat because it statistically superior in pretty much every way, but moreover isn't a pointless downgrade from the other two 1907 variants like the Sweeper is.
  • TankGewehr1917
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Avtomat by far.
  • SuperReds1892
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Avtomat because it statistically superior in pretty much every way, but moreover isn't a pointless downgrade from the other two 1907 variants like the Sweeper is.

Statistically superior? The seeeper deals more damage, has less recoil and is more accurate. The only things the avtomat wins on is rof.
  • KingRofty
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The Autoloading Extended has a faster fire rate than the Sweeper, but not fully Automatic. I absolutely love the Avtomat Optical (with the amazing Legendary skin) and only use that now.
  • SmileAsTheyDie
    503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Statistically superior? The seeeper deals more damage, has less recoil and is more accurate. The only things the avtomat wins on is rof.

The federov has less recoil and is more accurate. Federov has .45 VRec and .2 HRec while the sweeper has .63 VRec and .6 HRec
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I played the sweeper today for the first time since months. I just felt why I really liked it when I was new to the game. The full-auto does make it a good choice for the medic, to do his job right. Fedorov does this too. I feel like the Fedorov is better in a fight, but when your enemy knows how to play you're better of with the 1907 SL, as the 21 shots you get don't go out as fast as the 26 of the fedorov. Also it performs a bit better at medium range (when the Fedorov is out of its perfect effectivness range). But I would still say that the trench or factory variant of the SL are better for expierienced players.

I saw some ppl complaining about both of these guns for their full-auto. But i don't really see a problem with that. The full-auto of the sweeper is still so slow that you could also just tab-fire it, which I ended up doing today way more than I just hold down the trigger. The Fedorov isn't OP either. It just competes with the Assault guns on close range and by compete I mean, if you play way better than the assaults.
  • TehDukeOfNukem
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Erm....what planet are you living on?

http://symthic.com/bf1-compare?Fedorov_Avtomat_Trench_vs_M1907_SL_Sweeper

1) Sweeper deals more damage per shot. Avtomat has an equal or better time to kill at all ranges due to its much higher ROF.

2) Sweeper has about 30% more V-recoil and literally 3x the Hrecoil (the one that matters, since V-recoil can be made irrelevant by pulling down)

3) Depending on which Fedorov you are talking about, Accuracy is either Equal to the sweeper while ADS and much better from the Hip (Avtomat Trench) or much more accurate from ADS while being same from the hip(Avtomat Optical). Either way, the Avtomat is more accurate.

It isn't even a contest. The only relevant advantage the sweeper has is a slightly faster reload (which is made redundant by the smaller magazine, anyway).
  • thesmoothone1
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    KingRofty wrote: »
    The Autoloading Extended has a faster fire rate than the Sweeper, but not fully Automatic. I absolutely love the Avtomat Optical (with the amazing Legendary skin) and only use that now.

I love the Optical version as well. I did pretty well with the Trench version last night. That new skin is really awesome right?

• thesmoothone1
    CS-2107 wrote: »
    I played the sweeper today for the first time since months. I just felt why I really liked it when I was new to the game. The full-auto does make it a good choice for the medic, to do his job right. Fedorov does this too. I feel like the Fedorov is better in a fight, but when your enemy knows how to play you're better of with the 1907 SL, as the 21 shots you get don't go out as fast as the 26 of the fedorov. Also it performs a bit better at medium range (when the Fedorov is out of its perfect effectivness range). But I would still say that the trench or factory variant of the SL are better for expierienced players.

I saw some ppl complaining about both of these guns for their full-auto. But i don't really see a problem with that. The full-auto of the sweeper is still so slow that you could also just tab-fire it, which I ended up doing today way more than I just hold down the trigger. The Fedorov isn't OP either. It just competes with the Assault guns on close range and by compete I mean, if you play way better than the assaults.

Yeah, up close, the Fedorov is really strong. It shreds people!
  • superteds
    1218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the fact that the sweeper is the worst variant but one of the most used makes me very confused.
  • A7XOGG
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Since I used the sweeper as my perdonmant medic weapon before I got the fedorov, the fedorov is alot better. It's more accurate, recoil easier to control, and faster fire rate means even if you miss a shot or two it's still a fast ttk. With the optical version (I'm a ads player) headshots are are breeze and even at range it's pretty easy to control. I will say in extreme cqc m1907 will preform better because of the much higher minium damage.
  • buddyboy911
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This thread is silly, at least compare it with the 1907 trench as opposed to the sweeper to have a fair comparison.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This thread is silly, at least compare it with the 1907 trench as opposed to the sweeper to have a fair comparison.

I think this comparison is being made because the Sweeper has a 'pseudo-automatic' fire mode, and the Fedorov is fully automatic.
  • aseveredfoot
    2467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Which despite nearly identical DPS, is a factor. The flinch mechanic favors ROF in an exchange of fire.
  • Emfysem
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I cant stant the iron sight of the Sweeper; that little ball on top makes it difficult to see.
  • ZumbiSnatch
    2688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The sweeper is trash, if you insist on using the M1907 use the trench. The Federov is also better then both in my opinion.