How long till server lag/rubberband fix?

gpkgpk
271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
How long till server lag/rubberband fix? It's been well over a week now hasn't it?
My question is why wasn't the breaking patch reverted or hotfixed? Surely you didn't break your own game for SWBF2 right?
Any normal software shop that pulled this stunt would be outta business in no time...

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    6270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Never by the look of it.
  • zwolseballetjes
    849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Soon.
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    As soon as you pay for better Internet.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Yo fanboi! I can download 5 movies and a game while playing BF1 and experience the same performance, is it still my internet?
  • lordmay
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tomorrow according to twitter
  • Phat_Helmet
    2164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Yo fanboi! I can download 5 movies and a game while playing BF1 and experience the same performance, is it still my internet?

Very cool.
  • gpkgpk

I love that you STILL think it's on the user's end.
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    gpkgpk wrote: »

Because it is. Can play all over the world and it is still smooth with ping of 100, yet people say they can't play in their own region without lag.

That is you not the game........
  • jasoncaric
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2017

Because it is. Can play all over the world and it is still smooth with ping of 100, yet people say they can't play in their own region without lag.

Lol no it’s the game. I had the exact same internet when the game came out. All of a sudden everybody started to rubberband and lag. It’s the game not anybody’s internet. It’s not just coincidence that all of a sudden everybody has crappy internet at the same time when the lag started a few months ago, and before that the game ran smooth.
  • gpkgpk

You're clearly not paying attention, the issue comes up on EVERY server as it's performance degrades, multiple players asking/commenting about it in game and in forums.
    My entire platoon has had the issue since last week's patch, other platoons we've talked to in discord same thing.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Dice acknowledges lag issue is not client side.
    Kampkaos blames client side internet.

Apparently Dice is also releasing patches for an issue that doesn't exist.

The more you know.
  • Lamuna2000
    265 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Isn't this PSN issue??? Cause whenever there are issues with the BF1 network, the PSN internet speed test is extremely slow...

• zwolseballetjes
    849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I have a fiber connection 500 down and 500 upload. You cant get it beter then this in the neterlands. The problem is not the players side.
  • kampkaos_420_
    If there is no connection to the player, why does it not effect everyone? There is more to it than the game just hating a certain few.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If there is no connection to the player, why does it not effect everyone? There is more to it than the game just hating a certain few.

If there is no issue with servers, why has notoriously subdued Dice admitted that there are problems with the servers and released 2 patches?
  • kampkaos_420_
    I only see problems with servers when you get high ping players in them bringing them down. Get rid of the players with 600 ping and they run fine.

We seen this last night. Server running smooth match after match, then in jump 6 players with pings above 400 ( one at 690) and you see the server go down hill.
  • Buick72
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

If there is no issue with servers, why has notoriously subdued Dice admitted that there are problems with the servers and released 2 patches?

Right?
    It's almost like all you have to do is read Dice's comments, and check the netgraph in game to see the servers are not functioning properly...

Netgraph values have been bouncing around all over the place for my entire platoon. Some get it more, some get it less, but we all get it. Some people claim to be playing in slow motion, while others just get slight rubber-banding and iffy hitreg.

Personally my numbers don't jump up and down half as bad as most of my friends and or platoon members, but I am still effected. I'll slide in place, I'll land headshots with a sniper, get the HS hit marker, hear the ping and do 80-99 damage, or even 0 damage sometimes. I'll run up on prone players, empty both barrels of my 1900 factory into them and do 0-10 damage. I'll try to switch to my pistol and pull my empty primary gun right back out, or try to use a gadget and it switches back to the last gun used. Rubberbanding, running in mud... all kinds of fun to be had.

I wont even start with on dying around corners nonsense that's been going on.

The servers are congested. Dice is trying to fix it supposedly, and has admitted there is an issue. Why do people keep blaming people's ISP? Trust me, when my ISP is acting up, I admit it, and I deal with it.