In the Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha? If you're unable to see the forums, log out and log back in.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

End of 40 man Operation game mode?

Comments

• Phat_Helmet
    1808 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Seriously **** you dice - Last straw! Just uninstalled game.. **** livid with this !

Bye Felicia

I am allowed to be pissed with this without asshat comments from immature trolls? no?

Yes you are. Am I not allowed to wish you goodbye?
  • GrinddalDDG
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    QHUNK9000 wrote: »
    I dont understand that decision either. When has the community ever asked for this?? I dont buy that explanation.

Lots of us hate 40 man Operations, and wanted 64 player only. They gave us what we wanted.

Why hate something you dont even play? 40 man servers were filling up nicely.. sounds like the loud crowd got what they wanted..

I for one am extremely annoyed by this choice.. would never ask for a mode I dont play to be removed.. seems spoilt.. also alot of those players wont be playing 64 ops anyway..
  • patmontana
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    patmontana wrote: »
    Cant believe they removed it without at least asking the community. 40 men was the only game mode i played . Way more tactical. Couldn't they at least test it out in the server browser before removing it completely!?!?!!?

They did ask.

When?...
  • GrinddalDDG
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Seriously **** you dice - Last straw! Just uninstalled game.. **** livid with this !

Bye Felicia

I am allowed to be pissed with this without asshat comments from immature trolls? no?

You know exactly what I mean provocateur! Nothing more, so dont act dumber than you are;)
  • Phat_Helmet
    1808 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Bye Felicia

You know exactly what I mean provocateur! Nothing more, so dont act dumber than you are;)

Please reinstall. It’s gonna be okay.
  • GrinddalDDG
    Dice once again alianating and splitting fanbase even more.. seems like their mission in life is to comply with the casual loud crowd... effin pissed I bought this game.. soo **** broken and now this.. 40 man ops was so much more tactical and fun than the casual player fan favourit 64man grenade spam/hill humper ops..
  • Phat_Helmet
    Cant believe they removed it without at least asking the community. 40 men was the only game mode i played . Way more tactical. Couldn't they at least test it out in the server browser before removing it completely!?!?!!?

They did ask.

When?...

CTE, Twitter.
  • ShadowBlitzer0
    506 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Thanks dice this is insane. 64 players all clumped up with an already massive obsession with grenade spam and you get this. Its insanely chaotic. Its madness. Just ruined my favourite game mode.
  • FlyfisherII
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't remember being asked. Forty man ops were my favourite game mode. 64 man ops is too hectic and the choke points are just a mess. I,ve never understood the running round in circles in Conquest . Frontlines is the only mode left I like playing regularly.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 12
    Dice once again alianating and splitting fanbase even more.. seems like their mission in life is to comply with the casual loud crowd... effin pissed I bought this game.. soo **** broken and now this.. 40 man ops was so much more tactical and fun than the casual player fan favourit 64man grenade spam/hill humper ops..

This unites the players, it doesn't split them. We'll all be on 64 player servers now, which means they'll fill up better. And those who say they'll stop playing Ops now: No you won't.

Lol. Lots of people hate 64, cq or whatever.
    I never had problem finding a 40 man server, this was a bad way to solve a problem

Clearly, more people prefer 64 player mode. And clearly, DICE realised that 64 players only is the most logical answer.
  • Phat_Helmet

This unites the players, it doesn't split them. We'll all be on 64 player servers now, which means they'll fill up better. And those who say they'll stop playing Ops now: No you won't.

Exactly. They will join us! If they don’t: Bye Felicia.
  • patmontana
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    they complain about splitting community yet they continue adding new game modes that NOBOdy plays.(supply drop)
  • Djoenz
    710 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If majority played 64 more and 40 less then sorry Dice had to make this move and apparently they already gotten feedback beforehand. It had to be done apparently. Whenever I played operations, which I play barely, I always played 64.
  • robmcewen
    1451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

They did ask.

When?...

CTE, Twitter.

Don't use twitter so I didn't see anything about it there and watching DICE'S live stream kills your brain cells, Did they make announcement on the forum or ask the question if it was wanted?
  • Phat_Helmet
    edited October 12
    robmcewen wrote: »

They did ask.

When?...

CTE, Twitter.

Don't use twitter so I didn't see anything about it there and watching DICE'S live stream kills your brain cells, Did they make announcement on the forum or ask the question if it was wanted?

They Devs really don’t come around these parts much. They are huge on Twitter though.
  • GrinddalDDG
    edited October 12

Lol. Lots of people hate 64, cq or whatever.
    I never had problem finding a 40 man server, this was a bad way to solve a problem

Clearly, more people prefer 64 player mode. And clearly, DICE realised that 64 players only is the most logical answer.

I wont be playing a gamemode i find awful... And clearly more did not, since the servers werent filling. you were just the loudest since you were not happy..

This is splitting the fanbase as alot will shy away from ops.
  • GrinddalDDG
    edited October 12
    I for one think 40 man will be back again, since it was a popular gamemode with always full servers.

If the majority of players played 64, then the servers would be filling up, they werent. 40 man on the other hand were.. I truly dont find 64man enjoyable, so for me its back to bf4.
  • Phat_Helmet
    I for one think 40 man will be back again, since it was a popular gamemode with always full servers.

Keep hope alive.
  • robmcewen
    1451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I guess that was a daft question, I didn't want to assume they made no comment on the changes to then find they did, no danger of that is there.