The Cavalry class is dead.....why not remove it from the game?

Comments

• KingRofty
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    JMDcpn wrote: »
    I'm one of those people who told you that, and I have service stars with the cavalry class.
    Maybe if you were kinder with words I could have given you advice.
    Be toxic, and expect toxicity to come.

I have 15 service stars with the horse, so not sure what you are trying to say?

Also, I think you are confusing "toxicity" with reality. I don't hate on the horse, I just find it impossible to have a good game with the cavalry class nowadays - and it seems I'm not the only one.

• CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think the Hitdetection of the saber and lance could be better, sometimes you really swing that sword numerous times through enemy heads and still they do not die. Or you trample them 6 times in a row, just to get finally shot by them, unable to do anything...
  • Buick72
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cavalry is just an odd class. On foot I can go on pistol killing sprees, refill ammo and health for myself, my team, my squad. Annoy snipers with my rifle because they have to headshot me 2+ times depending on the distance...

On the actual horse.. Well, it's great for tossing LATs at enemy tanks since you get infinite, other than that... I don't attack from horseback unless it's a free kill. I just use it like a motorcycle. The horse seems to like headbutting fences, yanking left or right for no reason...

That being said I was still able to go on some killing sprees with them, but I usually ditch the horse unless there is a tank around.
  • KatNasty
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What exactly was the nerf to Calvary? Did they lose their armor or what?
  • JMDcpn
    146 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2017
    KingRofty wrote: »
    JMDcpn wrote: »
    I'm one of those people who told you that, and I have service stars with the cavalry class.
    Maybe if you were kinder with words I could have given you advice.
    Be toxic, and expect toxicity to come.

I have 15 service stars with the horse, so not sure what you are trying to say?

Because you said "I bet that the players telling me that I suck, should be removed (whatever that means), etc. has never ever been on the back of the horse."

Also, "cavalry is dead... why not remove it?", the way you say it is not toxicity? You say something destructive instead of something constructive for the development of the game.

And your opinion is the reality? Just because you're frustrated about something doesn't make it a reality.

Can I just say "the assault class is dead... why not remove it?" and call it a reality?
  • UltimateWeapon24
    50 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2017
    You people are silly I can easily go 49 and 6 on caverly it's my go to kit. It was way to op before now I feel it's ok
  • UltimateWeapon24
    50 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is what happens when DICE insists on listening to the "I play Battlefield like it's COD and I won't adapt and learn to fly, drive or ride" crowd.

So true bf1 has like half the vehicles you could drive on a map at once then it bf4
  • ChainArmor712
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    KatNasty wrote: »
    What exactly was the nerf to Calvary? Did they lose their armor or what?

Basically, the sword range was reduced, armor effectiveness was reduced, grenades were severely nerfed, Flak reduced grenade damage further still, the lance is too slow and inconsistent to be effective, new weapons like the parabellum chew up the horse quickly, noise warning has increased, healing on horseback has been bugged for months, and what players are left have gotten better at fighting the horse overall.

There have been a few buffs such as reduced headshot damage on riders, grenade throwing range, rifle damage range, and sprint while reloading. But, the net overall is a huge blow to cavalry fun and effectiveness since initial release let alone beta.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    This is what happens when DICE insists on listening to the "I play Battlefield like it's COD and I won't adapt and learn to fly, drive or ride" crowd.

So true bf1 has like half the vehicles you could drive on a map at once then it bf4

In Bf4 most classes except engineer was pointless in a lot of maps thanks to the pouring of vehicles into the maps, sometimes you barely saw infantry.
  • BUBBS112
    72 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Next time check your ping rate. Should be right above the tissue icon for soaking up them tears after 5 cavalry deaths.
  • Turbo_Nozomix
    405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited October 2017
    i40ozz wrote: »
    @Turbo_Siats Are you serious? Vehicle classes are a staple of the BF franchise. Go back to COD or TDM if you don't like vehicles.

Are you serious, and did you just come from CoD or something? Vehicle classes haven't existed in the Battlefield series before Battlefield 1.

Vehicle classes, just like the lack of physical player bases, have never been in Battlefield before Battlefield 1, have been a failed experiment, making the game more restrictive and less enjoyable. Try playing Battlefield 4, or Battlefield 2, and see how much better the games are without vehicle classes.
  • PEZZALUCIFER
    1044 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Good, It was always OP.
  • DingoKillr
    4305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I suggest that people give cavalry a go they might be in for surprise when it comes to health of the rider because I am sure I have taken more bullets then before.
    i40ozz wrote: »
    @Turbo_Siats Are you serious? Vehicle classes are a staple of the BF franchise. Go back to COD or TDM if you don't like vehicles.

Are you serious, and did you just come from CoD or something? Vehicle classes haven't existed in the Battlefield series before Battlefield 1.

Vehicle classes, just like the lack of physical player bases, have never been in Battlefield before Battlefield 1, have been a failed experiment, making the game more restrictive and less enjoyable. Try playing Battlefield 4, or Battlefield 2, and see how much better the games are without vehicle classes.

We have had faction based vehicles class for every example Tank, M1 or T90 as such vehicles have been in every BF like that. As for failure unlike many I enjoy the choice of having to choose your mechanical weapon. It gets rather boring having the same tank and configuration on every map.

Personally I am disappointed that Cavalry, Transport and Boats did not have more variants rather then just faction based.
    Good, It was always OP.
    Ain't you a sad bunny.
  • KingRofty
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    I suggest that people give cavalry a go they might be in for surprise when it comes to health of the rider because I am sure I have taken more bullets then before.

Was the guy shooting at you perhaps using a M1903 Experimental? :smiley:

Jokes aside, the Hellriegel and MG14 tears through me and I die very quickly, I don't think the armor for Cavalry is better.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    Cavalry was strong, people whined, it got nerfed.

and it's still arguably the strongest class in game

I would agree with that in the right hands it can be really effective. Arguably the best? Nah I gotta disagree there. You can still get ohk from snipers, get dumped on by LMGs and SMGs and even SLRs a lot of the time, especially if you are mounted and run into... oh I don't know, a small stone that your horse doesn't like lol. If you know your stuff (just like ALL classes) you can do well. If you don't know how to be a cavalry man you will not enjoy your time on the horse.

No you can't one shot cavs. Bolt action does 80dmg to the head.

If the cavalry player is in the sweet spot range for the rifle, a shot to the head is 100 damage. If they're out of the sweet spot range, it's 80 damage.

EDIT: I shouldn't state that as fact, but that is at least how I understand it. I just headshotted a cavalry player for 100 damage yesterday, would've clipped it if I knew it could've been useful.
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    I'm at work now but if you are playing and have a friend on line it should be easy to verify on an empty server.

I have in the past one shot several cavalry players by head shot in-game but one can never be sure then if they are at full health or not shot at simultaneously by someone else even if I doubt it. Typically you do this in the scenario: back flag getting capped, redeploy as scout (for the flare), see cav guy STANDING STILL at horse (stupid!) at the flag post. Pop - dead.
  • RudeAwakeningEh
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Be only used it a handful of times but found it ridiculously easy to use, and went on big killsteaks. The fact that you can run around spitting out ammo and health along with the added health boost is a big advantage.

• abc1434286920
    448 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Finally got cavalry to level 50 today....last 13-15 levels were done on foot following the zerg supplying ammo and health packs; any other way is just too frustrating right now.

Cavalry class was a great niche that BF1 has (had) and has been great fun playing/leveling, however after reaching to 50 I dont think i will bother with it again other than for transport purposes. (and maybe the pistol medal when that comes up).

It also feels like when on foot there is no additional shield at the moment?
  • Kaabob42
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, the decline of the cavalry class gets worse with each patch. They have gone from a skilled unique class with great potential to an absolute liability to use. Horses were just a marketing gimmick to get people to buy BF1, and now that the revenue stream is ending, they are abandoned.
  • KingRofty
    Finally got cavalry to level 50 today....

Congratulations! I'm level 38 now & really wanted level 50, as all my other classes are level 50.

Mmmm......I might try the on foot mode.