In the Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha? If you're unable to see the forums, log out and log back in.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

End of 40 man Operation game mode?

Comments

• jasoncaric
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is just such a crappy way to treat ppl like myself who support this game and only play 40 man. 64 man just isn’t fun at all. I might be done with this game. I played ops exclusively and now I don’t know what I’m gonna do. Conquest is crap imo. Frontlines is ok I guess and rush, well I’m not gonna go there.
  • V2Face
    1700 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    Operations had a good run was my top mode with over 6 mil points. I’m completely done with it now because 64 player ops is an awful experience any player who prefers 64 over 40 is either a sadist or a kill farmer there is no reason to choose 64 over 40 unless you plan on playing for stats..I might be finally done with playing BF1 in general I don’t see how a company can take a game that had its flaws but was ok and ruin it more with questionable subsequent patches, It’s downright infuriating.

Massive sweeping generalisation there. Some of us prefer 64 players because we like the chaos. I'm really glad they made this change, if it weeds out entitled crybabies like you.

I think I described your people as sadists yes? Looks like my generalization grouped you right in. I’m not going to argue with you about facts in the fact is Operations is not designed for 64 players. It needs an overhaul for it to be playable.
  • Darkwulf32
    127 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Wtf dice?
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    With some Operations, I preferred 64 players, but with others, I preferred 40 players. Operation Red Tide in particular is practically impossible to win as the Red Army with 64 players, because you have to deal with the 31 or so players on your team who refuse to capture flags and defeat 31 instead of 20 defenders, holding perhaps the most easy defensive positions in the entire game.

Oh well, I never played much Operations anyways, so this isn't that big of a deal for me.
  • Phat_Helmet
    1808 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    FINE!
  • Kattegat_Twin
    310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    V2Face wrote: »

I think I described your people as sadists yes? Looks like my generalization grouped you right in. I’m not going to argue with you about facts in the fact is Operations is not designed for 64 players. It needs an overhaul for it to be playable.

How exactly does preferring 64 player mode make anyone a sadist?
  • ShadowBlitzer0
    506 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I will continue to try 64 man operations for the next few days but as it stands it not looking good. It’s probably slight more realistic in terms of WW1 battles and the intense relentless gameplay but is just too chaotic. Also on one operation, operation oil of empires we pretty much spawn trapped the British attacking team after their Behemoth got destroyed by me with a K Bullet no less. Never in my entire playtime since Game launch playing most days have I ever seen that in 40 operations. I actually felt sorry for the enemy team.
  • Phat_Helmet
    1808 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GoofyMC123 wrote: »
    patmontana wrote: »
    Cant believe they removed it without at least asking the community. 40 men was the only game mode i played . Way more tactical. Couldn't they at least test it out in the server browser before removing it completely!?!?!!?

They did ask.

Was it the same muppets that asked for map voting by any chance?

Never saw any threads here asking for 40 man Ops to be removed, all i ever saw was threads asking for Ops to be in the server browser.

You may have noticed the Devs don’t hang out here. Again, CTE & Twitter is where all the requesting, crying, etc happens.
  • robmcewen
    1451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GoofyMC123 wrote: »
    patmontana wrote: »
    Cant believe they removed it without at least asking the community. 40 men was the only game mode i played . Way more tactical. Couldn't they at least test it out in the server browser before removing it completely!?!?!!?

They did ask.

Was it the same muppets that asked for map voting by any chance?

Never saw any threads here asking for 40 man Ops to be removed, all i ever saw was threads asking for Ops to be in the server browser.

Me neither, not sure what forum DICE use to get their market research but it's not this one.
  • ShadowBlitzer0
    506 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Pretty sure they only listen to reddit. And mostly the PC community. PC have had a lot more trouble with operations than console players have for some reason I not sure why.
  • Phat_Helmet
    Pretty sure they only listen to reddit. And mostly the PC community. PC have had a lot more trouble with operations than console players have for some reason I not sure why.

Yes reddit too. Reddit, Twitter.
  • marty310
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I understand that some players prefer the 40 option, but Battlefield games have always been about the large scale battles and anything smaller than 64 is not battlefield IMO. Why play the 64 option? because its the experience, the sense of being part of a large scale invasion. The issue I had was searching for a quick operation to join and it would throw me in a 40 player lobby, so I would've been fine with just a 64 player quick match option to ensure that I get into the correct server.
  • smart2705
    1720 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Maybe now is the time to get rid of Rush, also. No one plays that any more.
  • trip1ex
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 12
    IT's a good move for matchmaking reasons. But I think they should have compromised and made 52 players the standard. I think it plays better with fewer players.
  • MrOnlineToughGuy
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I made the switch from 40 man Ops to Grand Ops a while ago and I haven't looked back. The chaos is fun and there are more people to shoot.
  • Phat_Helmet
    trip1ex wrote: »
    IT's a good move for matchmaking reasons. But I think they should have compromised and made 52 players the standard. I think it plays better with fewer players.

Why make 2 groups cry when you can settle for 1?
  • Phat_Helmet
    I made the switch from 40 man Ops to Grand Ops a while ago and I haven't looked back. The chaos is fun and there are more people to shoot.

Welcome to chaos, friend.
  • GrinddalDDG
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 12
    marty310 wrote: »
    I understand that some players prefer the 40 option, but Battlefield games have always been about the large scale battles and anything smaller than 64 is not battlefield IMO. Why play the 64 option? because its the experience, the sense of being part of a large scale invasion. The issue I had was searching for a quick operation to join and it would throw me in a 40 player lobby, so I would've been fine with just a 64 player quick match option to ensure that I get into the correct server.

Take a similar gamestyle in RUSH, people mostly played 12v12 or 20v20 not 64. So, while yes bf is about large scale battlea, that does not equate to all gamemodes!

Also in older battlefields, maps were larger and provided more cover, and less chaos!

in fact the only map from the first bf, bf1942 that was remotely chaotic, was Berlin to my knowledge.

So I dont buy that, large, YES, chaotic and spammy, NO!

Also joining a quick ops would not throw you in a 40man ops. at least not on console, that was reserved for 64man.
  • marty310
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    marty310 wrote: »

Take a similar gamestyle in RUSH, people mostly played 12v12 or 20v20 not 64. So, while yes bf is about large scale battlea, that does not equate to all gamemodes!

Also in older battlefields, maps were larger and provided more cover, and less chaos!

in fact the only map from the first bf, bf1942 that was remotely chaotic, was Berlin to my knowledge.

So I dont buy that, large, YES, chaotic and spammy, NO!

Also joining a quick ops would not throw you in a 40man ops. at least not on console, that was reserved for 64man.

I feel like the larger modes are the ones that are played the most, there might even be an increase in player count in the new battlefield for PC so it looks like that's the direction there going.