In the Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha? If you're unable to see the forums, log out and log back in.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Bayonet charge.. literally broken after patch.

Clarence_6000
467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited October 12
Is it just me or is it completely broken?

EDIT:

Patch notes says:
''Added key bindings for Bayonet Charge (separate from Melee key binding).''
Haven't even bothered to check this, But as i said it works in the CTE with the new press or hold option without having to remap any buttons.. Anyway, screw this beta testing. This is DICE's problem not mine ;)

EDIT 2:

Apparently my bayonet charge is set to R3 now.
I always play on alternative aka ''tactical'' button layout.. So perhaps it works after all. LOL

Comments

• Clarence_6000
    467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 12
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    Hopefully it is.

LOL, Yeah i personally think that it should be removed completely..
    But that wasn't my question btw.
    Another ''fix'' that completely breaks the thing that they are fixing/changing.. It's just sad.
  • Sakaral89
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    In good way or bad? It is overpowered or simply underpowered? It was good before..
  • Clarence_6000
    edited October 12
    Sakaral89 wrote: »
    In good way or bad? It is overpowered or simply underpowered? It was good before..

LOL, No it's broken.. literally.
    Works fine on the CTE but not in the retail version.
  • Imabaka70
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This makes me a bit sad almost at 3000kills with it. Now I'm gonna have to rush and shoot that person that dove into a hole in the ground.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    895 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's a damn shame I'm not really playing the game that much and when I am I'm working on Cavalry 10, I'd use the time it's gone to actually enjoy myself a bit again.
  • SWE-Androctonus
    391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited October 12
    Another "fix"?
  • Astr0damus
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have video from an hour ago where a guy was bayonet charging (he missed me, but point is, he was able to initiate a Bayonet Charge--XBOX)
  • Clarence_6000
    Another "fix"?

*Sigh* Yep, Another ''DICE fix''.
  • kaliyl777
    1860 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Guess your just going to have to take um on mano e mano, and see who the best man is.
  • Clarence_6000
    edited October 12
    kaliyl777 wrote: »
    Guess your just going to have to take um on mano e mano, and see who the best man is.

''Yeah i personally think that it should be removed completely''
    This dyslectic community.. LOL. Don't like the bayonet charge, Never did.
    I just like to test out ''new features''.

@Astr0damus

Patch notes says:
    ''Added key bindings for Bayonet Charge (separate from Melee key binding).''
    Haven't even bothered to check this, But as i said it works in the CTE with the new press or hold option without having to remap any buttons.. Anyway, screw this beta testing. This is DICE's problem not mine ;)

• Wandereru
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It works.
  • TankGewehr1917
    514 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I’ve seen it work.
  • Astr0damus
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's possible that it's only broken for PC since that is where the keybindings comes into play... but not for Console (as far as I am aware)
  • captinsmooth
    1694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have had 4 bayonet kills today with no issues on PS4.
  • Clarence_6000
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    It's possible that it's only broken for PC since that is where the keybindings comes into play... but not for Console (as far as I am aware)

You can remap the buttons on console as well.
  • Major_Pungspark
    618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well, I can do bayonett charge on PC, but I cant do the 90 degree turn some do...
  • Clarence_6000
    Apparently my bayonet charge is set to R3 now.
    I always play on alternative aka ''tactical'' button layout. So perhaps it works after all LOL
  • Ploodovic
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Haven’t changed any settings, works as before, and without problems on PS4.
  • huricanechuck
    971 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    the only thing that they need to change/fix on the bayonet is removing the annoying point blank panic charge.