Trip-Wire Incendiary is OHK now (and fairly instantaneous)

Astr0damus
1457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited October 12
Strange thing is, I was One Hit Killed by one yesterday BEFORE this latest patch (which only speaks of increasing the damage from HE-Tripwire).
This morning AFTER patching, I was OHK'd by an INC-Trip Wire again... (Both times I was at full health, I have video of the one from yesterday, but xbox is not cooperating now with regard to sending to XBOX LIVE ONE DRIVE)

Before, it seems as though you would catch fire and have to roll around for a few seconds and typically die anyway.. but now it's so sudden it's almost like getting sniped. You hit it and you die instantly.

Anyone else? (I'm on XBOX by the way)

Comments

• Major_Pungspark
    673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well, that is annoying, but all the inciandary stuff is already so irritating, "oh, you put a tripwire in the doorway....and now you put a incendiary grenade there...oh, you got flares to,..."
  • Astr0damus
    1457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah, everything is on fire... lol
    But I'm not really complaining so much as just wondering if anyone else noticed the stealth-buff, or perhaps I am imagining it.
    I don't use tripwires, but I thought it was sort of dumb since they are supposed to be 18 lb. bombs and yet they didn't OHK.
  • Head3masher
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I guess by buffing the HE they inadvertently affected this one too.

I remember the days when you could have two bombs too!
  • handsomebear89
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 12
    All tripwires should be ohk since they're incredibly easy to see/avoid/destroy ^_^ Anyway, you should probably report this on the Bf1 CTE subreddit when you got the video of it~ I highly doubt any dev is every reading this forum, including the bug report section of this forum.
  • wiazabi
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 12
    I had 1 incident of appearing to be be one shot by incendiary tripwire, but unless it happens more times or other people can confirm im gonna shrug it off as possible being hit by a sniper shot or similar. at the same time.

This was on PC.
  • bapman63
    628 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Great, the one truly good thing about the scout was the flare, now more of them will drop it for the trip - wire and go camping in the hills. Good times, good times.
  • Petedawg508
    1180 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    sweet...so tripwire inc are OHK and tank rounds at your feet do 90 damage....getting better with time!
  • wiazabi
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    On another note related to new patch and oneshots i killed a medic non headshot as cavalry on horse with rifle at ~50m range, im not sure what that was about.
  • Head3masher
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Since the patch I have had tripmines dissapear randomly when no one damaged them?
  • crabman169
    10432 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    bapman63 wrote: »
    Great, the one truly good thing about the scout was the flare, now more of them will drop it for the trip - wire and go camping in the hills. Good times, good times.

You do realise that trip wire out in the open like that are both useless and highly visible.

I highly doubt this buff for the HE tripwire is going see an increase of camping scouts in the most ood of places. If anything you'll see more scouts on the objective because their secondary gadget is worth while
  • UglyNoah
    1102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think bombs should be OHK much over INC.

Doesn't that make sense? I don't mean to bring in call of duty crap but if spot flares and spotting can see explosives I don't see it being op getting blasted by a trip HE.
  • Clarence_6000
    479 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 12
    It definitely seems to be a lot stronger, Got a 3-piece with it earlier. Perhaps just luck.
  • bapman63
    628 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    bapman63 wrote: »

You do realise that trip wire out in the open like that are both useless and highly visible.

I highly doubt this buff for the HE tripwire is going see an increase of camping scouts in the most ood of places. If anything you'll see more scouts on the objective because their secondary gadget is worth while

No, you'll find them in houses and other buildings using the trip -wire on the stairs.