Did the Mars get nerfed?

Head3masher
439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited October 12
Have not tried for ages but used it recently and it terrible. It used to be an unstoppable monster last year.

Did the weapon get nerfed at some point?

Comments

• Imabaka70
    552 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Not thst I'm aware of. Granted I haven't used it in 6 months or so.

Switched to the 1911 and now use only the obrez
  • xxDicemanxx
    285 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The Mars has never been good loses to frommer and bodeo in just about every situation.
  • QHUNK9000
    74 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Not to my knowledge, but I've only been playing since March/April. It's quite a beast but its hard to handle. Just like OP's mom lmao (sorry man, no offense, I just really had to do it, the internet has ruined my personality)
  • Gforce81
    2302 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The MARS has always just been so-so in my opinion. Totally outclassed by the Bodeo with the way I play.
  • TankGewehr1917
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No weapon balance changes in this patch.
  • Head3masher
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I don't think it changed recently, may have been ages ago. I remember being able to run n gun with it, and get kills, now I get maybe one hit if I'm lucky while the other dude hoses me down with his colt 45.
  • handsomebear89
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't think it changed recently, may have been ages ago. I remember being able to run n gun with it, and get kills, now I get maybe one hit if I'm lucky while the other dude hoses me down with his colt 45.

lol, stop between shots...
  • Head3masher
    It feels like the shots go nowhere near where you are pointing the gun.
  • obisearch
    450 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 12
    The Mars has never been good loses to frommer and bodeo in just about every situation.

Erm no it beats the bordeo in the reload department and beats the frommer spam in the arthritis department.
    Reliable 3 shot kill, can kill 3 people with one mag.
    Please explain to me what other pistol thats as efficient and versatile seeing it's soo terrible in your opinion
  • xxDicemanxx
    285 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Frommer is god.
  • obisearch
    450 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My hand can't handle a frommer for long plus it's not as efficient as mars it's a five bullet kill.
  • xxDicemanxx
    Five that out out speed 3 on a Mars.
  • Gforce81
    obisearch wrote: »
    My hand can't handle a frommer for long plus it's not as efficient as mars it's a five bullet kill.

Bodeo is a 2 shot kill if you can tolerate the reload

Best sidearm in game if you ask me, largest 2 shot kill range out of all sidearms, even edges out MARS in this regard.

Plus, it has a pretty quick draw speed, manageable recoil ADS, respectable hipfire accuracy, and higher ROF than the MARS
  • Ploodovic
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No need to argue over which one is better; Frommer for close range maps, Mars for longer range maps. Bodeo? If you only expect to run into one enemy at a time, then, sure. If you’re on the frontline, no thanks.

On topic, I can confirm that the Mars is as good as ever.
  • obisearch
    Gforce81 wrote: »

Best sidearm in game if you ask me, largest 2 shot kill range out of all sidearms, even edges out MARS in this regard.

Plus, it has a pretty quick draw speed, manageable recoil ADS, respectable hipfire accuracy, and higher ROF than the MARS

Sure I get it they both have a better ttk and equipt speed. But game is not run by ttk alone. Bodeo can kill two people tops and reload will prob get you killed, 3 sec reload when empty. Frommer is one kill per clip, so you'll win the 1v1 well done, you won't win that 2v1 with it though.
    Mars kills quick, reloads fast, generous mag easy to use.

There is no other gun that kills 3 per mag and has a potential to go on a spree. The mars is the king of the middle ground with no real weakness.
  • Gforce81
    Gforce81 wrote: »

Sure I get it they both have a better ttk and equipt speed. But game is not run by ttk alone. Bodeo can kill two people tops and reload will prob get you killed, 3 sec reload when empty. Frommer is one kill per clip, so you'll win the 1v1 well done, you won't win that 2v1 with it though.
    Mars kills quick, reloads fast, generous mag easy to use.

There is no other gun that kills 3 per mag and has a potential to go on a spree. The mars is the king of the middle ground with no real weakness.

IDK man, the lesser ROF from the MARS has gotten me killed numerous times. Its just so freaking slow. And for how slow it is, I want a 2 shot kill. Its not even a 2 shot kill on a 100% health enemy

Bodeo can potentially take down 3 pull health enemies if your accuracy is on point. Not saying this happens very often, but the potential is there at least. Yes, the reload is pretty slow, but you can help that by doing partial reloads. If you only need 2 shots to drop a guy in its effective range, then just reload as many bullets as you have time for, double tap your swap weapon button, and you'll be back to Bodeo, loaded with as many bullets as you could get in

I will say, MARS is much better at further ranges. If I want a secondary to clean up a wounded target at range, the MARS is unbeatable. Its just about a pocket sniper, and THE fastest bullet velocity of all sidearms. Its fantastic at range, I've used it as my "Primary" when running through open terrain when I'm using the 1903 Experimental
  • Head3masher
    I've found that the mars works better if you are stationary, but of course that makes you a better target for the enemy. Shooting from the hip it fires all over the place!