Ongoing BF1 issues on Xbox. Also, the Oct 12 update is trash

Neildos
5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I composed all of this before the most recent update on Oct 12. An item or two may no longer be relevant although the overwhelming majority still is. With the most recent update to friendly/enemy spot icons colors I’m actually just done with the game. I won’t be playing BF1 much, if any, beyond this point. I was already frustrated at a mile long list of glitches and issues that haven’t been fixed and then you go and screw up colors so we can’t distinguish players on the map or see them at distance? Talk about a solution no one was asking for. I left the CoD franchise several years ago after buying too many titles. I played Destiny1 substantially but walked away there because of unfixed issues. Sad to see that is likely to be the case with Battlefield as well.

Lobbies/Joining

Joining empty lobbies is something that happens to me virtually every time I load the game. What a waste of resources (to go through all the effort to load me into a game), of time (because loading games still takes way too long), and of patience (5 minutes later when I’m back at the home screen I can’t get that time back and sometimes I simply turn the game off because I don’t want to deal with the crap the game throws at me). The blog post admonishing gamers to stay in empty lobbies is the most ignorant thing I’ve seen a game developer try to push on its users. Have you devs ever joined an empty lobby of Operations and stayed in it? Do you know what happens? Of course you don’t. No game materializes. I got into an empty lobby a week or two ago, set the controller down and walked away. 10 mins later no one else was in the lobby. This is not an isolated occurrence. It’s every single day. And it’s unacceptable.

No between game quit button early on was inexcusable. You don’t launch a mostly pvp game without a quit button between games. You just don’t do it. Then a month later when a quit button was finally added it laughably didn’t work. What a joke that was. So, for 3ish months there was no reliable quit mechanic between games. Sorry, but that should have been a sign for the rest of us of much larger issues. To this day there is currently still no quit button in various important menus, like in game loading screens. The end of game quit mechanic can take several minutes...several minutes? Why?? Dashboarding is and always has been the easier and faster way to leave a lobby or game.

The blog post where DICE outlines that they’ll try not to spawn players into games that are ending was also painful to read. Why was this not done when the game was launched? If you’ve played ANY pvp title then a common frustration is entering the game as it is ending. This should not have taken so long to implement

Menu navigation speed was completely unacceptable for the first 6 months. This is literally one of the only areas in this game that has seen measurable improvements. However, that doesn’t excuse the response time during the first 6 months. Plus, it’s still below average currently.

Battlepacks are the ONLY thing to do during the exceptionally long load times…really? Game load times are awful and the only thing to do is engage in microtransactions and/or pointless weapon accessories? What a bleeping sell-out

No easy ability to customize loadout for Tanker, Pilot, and Cavalry is asinine. And the fact that there are virtually no loadout options for Cavalry makes it seem like the red-headed stepchild. Why is all of this still the case one year later?

Cut scenes in Operations...I'm super glad I get to watch these every single time I want to spin up an Ops match. This is further frustrated by entering an empty Operations lobby. DICE, why aren’t you looking to streamline every single process so that they take less time?

Personnel imbalance is awful. I stayed in a lobby after a full match only for the next one to begin 5 v 12. Unsurprisingly in that match we started slowly and were never competitive. Why would this ever happen?

The pre-spawn map cursor has terrible logic. It randomly jumps to other spawn points without input or fails to respond properly to simple motions. For example in some instances, moving up+right causes the cursor to move left instead. Also, where is the default location for the cursor to appear? It is inconsistent, which is puzzling…sometimes it’s defaults to team mates, other times the base location.

That you have to “track” weekly medals is stupid. If I complete an item on a weekly medal list it should cross off instantly and without micromanaging every single step of the process

Why does it happen so often that challenges fail to mention that they need to occur in one match, or that have other other requisites that aren’t communicated to us the users?

Quickmatch for “all maps” never results in a map from the They Shall Not Pass DLC. Not once for me in the last several months.

Every new map from ITNOTT sucks. I can’t even think of one that I don’t mind. And really, they all suck. 100% subjective? Sure. But I like most of the TSNP DLC maps…

In-Game

Spotting was awful and inconsistent for the first 6 months. So, no one did it. Then, in rare form it received an update where it worked better and it wasn’t bad for several months. But users were already conditioned because of that early time and hardly used it. Now with the color change it’s nearly impossible to distinguish the red/blue/green so it’s far worse than it ever was.

Awful spawns. I end up wondering how I could have been spawned in such a bad location far more than I should have to. DICE, why are spawns SO poor? The bad spawn rate in this game is likely the worst of any pvp title I’ve played. My rough estimate is that 1/3 – ½ of spawns are contested with enemies nearby or death imminent. Frankly I do not understand how I can die within 2 seconds of spawning so often and this is never addressed or improved. Spawning on grenades is particularly egregious. Here’s an easy rule of thumb: If a teammate is in close enough proximity to an enemy that death will be nearly instantaneous I don’t want to spawn there. Same goes for an objective spawnpoint because I estimate the objective spawn locations are roughly 40% safer, which doesn’t say much. Since it means that ¼ - 1/3 of objective spawns are contested.

12 v 12 games means there’s nearly always a squad with 2 players (or less), which is a huge disadvantage on smaller maps where there are far fewer spawn locations.

Spawning in an open area that a sniper is already watching should never happen. Like on the far side of Conquest C on Empire’s Edge, but beneath the sniper perches.

Spawning 90-100m from an objective. Why does this happen so frequently on uncontested objectives? It has happened to me numerous times where I’m also immediately killed upon spawning at 90+ meters away from the objective. If the flag I chose to spawn on to was so contested (it wasn’t) how is this a better solution?

Interaction with environment feels like it’s still in its infancy…one freaking year later. There are far too many instances in which the avatar cannot lay prone or move while prone without glitchy motions. Climbing and scaling small obstacles like rocks or logs is easily one of the biggest frustrations of the game. ¼ of my deaths occur because my character can’t interact with the environment in a natural way (i.e., my character takes 5 seconds to jump over a 2ft log and in that time an enemy has noticed me and shoots me). Similarly, not being able to see/hit an enemy because of distortions in landscape or angling, but enemy can hit you is extremely common now that players have learned the glitchy spots. Again, this is frustration built from deaths that should not happen. If the only part of an enemy I can see is the head why do I get only hit markers with a sniper?

Holding vs tapping actions seem arbitrary and hard to understand in nearly every instance. I once threw out a limpet mine while hiding by a tank only for the mine to perform a feat of incredible physics by attaching to a wall perpendicular to me and that I was not remotely even looking at. I tried several times to pick it up, including moving around, backing up, and adjusting my view but the “hold to pickup” is an unreliable function in the game. Instead, I died. These sorts of deaths that are as a result of poor UX is what tires us of the game.

Being spawn-killed in ones’ own base. Sigh. Why can this happen? It should be realistically far enough away that there is a buffer right? Right? It’s even more frustrating that in big games that are going badly there can be no viable spawn points other than the base and if there’s a virtually uncontested view for enemies to pick off newly spawned teammates…why? This is why people rage quit and why I get dumped into nearly-finished games down 500pts.

Damage assignments for hits is hard to understand. I can hit a guy at 3m for in the upper chest w/ a sniper and get 60 damage? Does this make sense?

This glitch has existed from day 1 and no change: spawning into a game when it has not fully loaded (as evidence by the spinning wheel at the top and more recently all white icons) with results like: as pilot on horse, or scout in plane. Let’s not forget the dozens of deaths I have after finally spawning into a plane and it has already traveled across the map, is crashing.

End of game/round deaths in a plane. Thanks for the extra few hundred deaths here, DICE!

Horse mechanics: since when do two horses jump over each other upon meeting? Has that ever happened in the history of IRL horse interactions? What the horse can vault and what it refuses to hurdle is also a mystery to me. Melee on the horse is one of the most unreliable functions in all of BF1. Trade kills on horseback seems like a newer development, yet a step back in gameplay. This is simply lazy design

Why does pushing the respawn button immediately after death begin the countdown only to fail a moment later?

For an automatic weapon if you’re bringing up the weapon ADS and pull the trigger before it is ready why does it not fire when the weapon is finally available? Instead the weapon simply feels broken.

Hit detection is not any better in 1 year. In recent weeks I’ve fired shots at players who are prone within 5m of me and see no hit markers.

Takes 5 seconds to reload a K bullet. Really? This is why no one uses it.

Plane/Pilot

Pot shots from 500m+ from infantry weapons while in a plane are questionable. Is this even a realistic scenario for WW1 weaponry (serious question, I don’t know)? If so should it still be allowed? At what point does light weapon damage drop off? I’ve been 500-600m away and a random LMG causes damage and the repair cycle resets

Ceiling and borders of In the Name of the Tsar DLC maps are nearly unusable for planes. It’s almost impossible find areas outside of AAs and the long-range potshots from LMGs in which to repair.

AA Range vs map ceilings is still very poorly executed game-wide. AA range is still something like 350m so on Monte Grappa it’s impossible to get higher than some of the AAs because of the low map ceiling.

There is virtually no ability to maneuver out of an AA once caught in the range. This is still too strong. If I jump on to an AA I know there is a 99% chance I’ll shoot down every single plane in range. There isn't another weapon or vehicle with that success rate.

Plane repair time as it relates to current challenges that have incentives to shoot planes down now is imbalanced. If you can be damaged at 600m from infantry weapons then the repair cycle needs to be shortened

Spawning all vehicles in the same location in absolutely stupid and somehow the MO for every BF game. Why DICE why?? I’ve died many many times within a second or two of spawning in a tank from mines. And many deaths on top of that from an AA pointed at the spawn area for planes. Don’t forget the enemy planes that hover near spawn areas simply to shoot down recently spawned planes.

Resetting plane skins in every single map (sometimes multiple times in one match) got old after a month. It's downright neglectful that 1 year later you haven't fixed this.

Bayonet/Melee

Bayonet charge has been awful from day 1. Early on you could hit the bayonet charge button, set the controller down, have a snack, and let the animation find someone to kill. Now I can be in the motion and the bayonet literally touching an enemy and it fails to register a hit. Multiple times my character has run in place because an enemy was pushed up against a wall and therefore should be dead from bayonet but alas, it was broken upon launch and still doesn’t work properly. Another time my avatar literally ran through an enemy as if he were a ghost (I was immediately killed unsurprisingly). Stopping the bayonet charge is surprisingly difficult. I’ve pulled back and let go of the sticks altogether and the character still persists in the motion. Why does this happen?

The bayonet kill animation guarantees that if you perform it in a crowd you’ll be dead after finding a kill. It is again far too long. Also, why does bayonetting require that the avatar scream like he/she is jacked up on PCP?

In a common theme for nearly everything in BF1 the melee animation takes far too long. So, instead of being able to quickly melee 3 enemies that I’m lucky enough to stumble across the animation takes so long and makes so much noise that generally it’s hard to kill more than 1 enemy in this situation. Why would a soldier stab an enemy and THEN punch him in the face?

In addition, the melee dynamic is generally just glitchy. I’ve experienced many times that the melee motion continues on well after ceasing the action. On several occasions my character meleed twice after I let go of the sticks.

30 damage for a non-fatal melee is the worst. How is this defensible? It takes 4 melees from close range even on an unsuspecting enemy if you happen to miss the sweet spot.

I was once knifed in the face while as a sentry and it was a one-shot death (I had been at full health). I’ve knifed many a sentry in the face and always gotten zero damage. These sorts of inconsistencies are why this game seems unpolished. Also, once at full health as a flame trooper I was one-shot killed instantly by a spot flare from long range (60m+)

What is an appropriate level of time for a glitch to be known and not fixed? Like the start/xbox button in Operations glitch that lasted 2 months. 2 freaking months where if you pressed the start or xbox button after 1 round of Operations the game would glitch and you’d take a loss/death instantly. If I had to guess I’d say most users are engaged in this game for 6-9 months total. Which means 20-40% of their time in the game was met with a catastrophic flaw that ruined every other match. So….this is an acceptable rate, DICE?

There are far more game issues that I’ve encountered but I’m tired of doing a job I’m not being paid for. I’m not a dev or do QA but I am someone who pays attention to detail and can see when corners are cut. Inadequately testing/updating the game is your problem and the lack of additional revenue from me will also be your future problem.

Comments

• moosehunter1969
    553 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What a whinge bag. For me there’s absolutely nothing game breaking in BF at all. Every round is a rip roaring playground of gunfire and explosions.
    One thing I never do is use quickmatch so I never play in an empty server. Time between rounds is nothing like 5 minutes, quitting to main menu usually takes about 40 seconds.
    Melee and bayonet animations are fine as they actually mirror what they’d be like in real life and not the insta kill COD nonsense.
    Just pack up move on and go and play something else. No one likes a moaner.
  • WastlanderMerc
    140 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Couldn't have said it better man, but it's still something tah play....or COD....I'll probably switch between the two.

Honestly, every online game is gonna have its flaws tho.....last time I played an online game that was near perfection was prob good ol Halo 3 times.
  • DCFC79
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 12
    Never had an empty game using the server browser.

Didnt read the rest of your post as too long.
  • dialator71
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I couldn't agree more on the empty lobby comment. I have literally never gotten Domination to work with the "In the Name of the Tsar" expansion. Every time I try it puts me in the map by myself and no one ever joins. Ever. I've probably tried 15 time over the course of 6 weeks. It's never worked once. DICE - I'm going to quick match, choosing "Domination" and it does not work. Normally if I'm the only one in a lobby I get the "waiting for other players to join" message, but that never happens here. I simply get dropped into a map by myself. I don't typically have a ton of time to play, so losing 5 full minutes waiting for the game to load only to have this happen is absurd. Too bad I actually paid for the expansion pack.
  • Mrcleanjeans
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Neildos wrote: »
    I composed all of this before the most recent update on Oct 12. An item or two may no longer be relevant although the overwhelming majority still is. With the most recent update to friendly/enemy spot icons colors I’m actually just done with the game. I won’t be playing BF1 much, if any, beyond this point. I was already frustrated at a mile long list of glitches and issues that haven’t been fixed and then you go and screw up colors so we can’t distinguish players on the map or see them at distance? Talk about a solution no one was asking for. I left the CoD franchise several years ago after buying too many titles. I played Destiny1 substantially but walked away there because of unfixed issues. Sad to see that is likely to be the case with Battlefield as well.

Lobbies/Joining

Joining empty lobbies is something that happens to me virtually every time I load the game. What a waste of resources (to go through all the effort to load me into a game), of time (because loading games still takes way too long), and of patience (5 minutes later when I’m back at the home screen I can’t get that time back and sometimes I simply turn the game off because I don’t want to deal with the crap the game throws at me). The blog post admonishing gamers to stay in empty lobbies is the most ignorant thing I’ve seen a game developer try to push on its users. Have you devs ever joined an empty lobby of Operations and stayed in it? Do you know what happens? Of course you don’t. No game materializes. I got into an empty lobby a week or two ago, set the controller down and walked away. 10 mins later no one else was in the lobby. This is not an isolated occurrence. It’s every single day. And it’s unacceptable.

No between game quit button early on was inexcusable. You don’t launch a mostly pvp game without a quit button between games. You just don’t do it. Then a month later when a quit button was finally added it laughably didn’t work. What a joke that was. So, for 3ish months there was no reliable quit mechanic between games. Sorry, but that should have been a sign for the rest of us of much larger issues. To this day there is currently still no quit button in various important menus, like in game loading screens. The end of game quit mechanic can take several minutes...several minutes? Why?? Dashboarding is and always has been the easier and faster way to leave a lobby or game.

The blog post where DICE outlines that they’ll try not to spawn players into games that are ending was also painful to read. Why was this not done when the game was launched? If you’ve played ANY pvp title then a common frustration is entering the game as it is ending. This should not have taken so long to implement

Menu navigation speed was completely unacceptable for the first 6 months. This is literally one of the only areas in this game that has seen measurable improvements. However, that doesn’t excuse the response time during the first 6 months. Plus, it’s still below average currently.

Battlepacks are the ONLY thing to do during the exceptionally long load times…really? Game load times are awful and the only thing to do is engage in microtransactions and/or pointless weapon accessories? What a bleeping sell-out

No easy ability to customize loadout for Tanker, Pilot, and Cavalry is asinine. And the fact that there are virtually no loadout options for Cavalry makes it seem like the red-headed stepchild. Why is all of this still the case one year later?

Cut scenes in Operations...I'm super glad I get to watch these every single time I want to spin up an Ops match. This is further frustrated by entering an empty Operations lobby. DICE, why aren’t you looking to streamline every single process so that they take less time?

Personnel imbalance is awful. I stayed in a lobby after a full match only for the next one to begin 5 v 12. Unsurprisingly in that match we started slowly and were never competitive. Why would this ever happen?

The pre-spawn map cursor has terrible logic. It randomly jumps to other spawn points without input or fails to respond properly to simple motions. For example in some instances, moving up+right causes the cursor to move left instead. Also, where is the default location for the cursor to appear? It is inconsistent, which is puzzling…sometimes it’s defaults to team mates, other times the base location.

That you have to “track” weekly medals is stupid. If I complete an item on a weekly medal list it should cross off instantly and without micromanaging every single step of the process

Why does it happen so often that challenges fail to mention that they need to occur in one match, or that have other other requisites that aren’t communicated to us the users?

Quickmatch for “all maps” never results in a map from the They Shall Not Pass DLC. Not once for me in the last several months.

Every new map from ITNOTT sucks. I can’t even think of one that I don’t mind. And really, they all suck. 100% subjective? Sure. But I like most of the TSNP DLC maps…

In-Game

Spotting was awful and inconsistent for the first 6 months. So, no one did it. Then, in rare form it received an update where it worked better and it wasn’t bad for several months. But users were already conditioned because of that early time and hardly used it. Now with the color change it’s nearly impossible to distinguish the red/blue/green so it’s far worse than it ever was.

Awful spawns. I end up wondering how I could have been spawned in such a bad location far more than I should have to. DICE, why are spawns SO poor? The bad spawn rate in this game is likely the worst of any pvp title I’ve played. My rough estimate is that 1/3 – ½ of spawns are contested with enemies nearby or death imminent. Frankly I do not understand how I can die within 2 seconds of spawning so often and this is never addressed or improved. Spawning on grenades is particularly egregious. Here’s an easy rule of thumb: If a teammate is in close enough proximity to an enemy that death will be nearly instantaneous I don’t want to spawn there. Same goes for an objective spawnpoint because I estimate the objective spawn locations are roughly 40% safer, which doesn’t say much. Since it means that ¼ - 1/3 of objective spawns are contested.

12 v 12 games means there’s nearly always a squad with 2 players (or less), which is a huge disadvantage on smaller maps where there are far fewer spawn locations.

Spawning in an open area that a sniper is already watching should never happen. Like on the far side of Conquest C on Empire’s Edge, but beneath the sniper perches.

Spawning 90-100m from an objective. Why does this happen so frequently on uncontested objectives? It has happened to me numerous times where I’m also immediately killed upon spawning at 90+ meters away from the objective. If the flag I chose to spawn on to was so contested (it wasn’t) how is this a better solution?

Interaction with environment feels like it’s still in its infancy…one freaking year later. There are far too many instances in which the avatar cannot lay prone or move while prone without glitchy motions. Climbing and scaling small obstacles like rocks or logs is easily one of the biggest frustrations of the game. ¼ of my deaths occur because my character can’t interact with the environment in a natural way (i.e., my character takes 5 seconds to jump over a 2ft log and in that time an enemy has noticed me and shoots me). Similarly, not being able to see/hit an enemy because of distortions in landscape or angling, but enemy can hit you is extremely common now that players have learned the glitchy spots. Again, this is frustration built from deaths that should not happen. If the only part of an enemy I can see is the head why do I get only hit markers with a sniper?

Holding vs tapping actions seem arbitrary and hard to understand in nearly every instance. I once threw out a limpet mine while hiding by a tank only for the mine to perform a feat of incredible physics by attaching to a wall perpendicular to me and that I was not remotely even looking at. I tried several times to pick it up, including moving around, backing up, and adjusting my view but the “hold to pickup” is an unreliable function in the game. Instead, I died. These sorts of deaths that are as a result of poor UX is what tires us of the game.

Being spawn-killed in ones’ own base. Sigh. Why can this happen? It should be realistically far enough away that there is a buffer right? Right? It’s even more frustrating that in big games that are going badly there can be no viable spawn points other than the base and if there’s a virtually uncontested view for enemies to pick off newly spawned teammates…why? This is why people rage quit and why I get dumped into nearly-finished games down 500pts.

Damage assignments for hits is hard to understand. I can hit a guy at 3m for in the upper chest w/ a sniper and get 60 damage? Does this make sense?

This glitch has existed from day 1 and no change: spawning into a game when it has not fully loaded (as evidence by the spinning wheel at the top and more recently all white icons) with results like: as pilot on horse, or scout in plane. Let’s not forget the dozens of deaths I have after finally spawning into a plane and it has already traveled across the map, is crashing.

End of game/round deaths in a plane. Thanks for the extra few hundred deaths here, DICE!

Horse mechanics: since when do two horses jump over each other upon meeting? Has that ever happened in the history of IRL horse interactions? What the horse can vault and what it refuses to hurdle is also a mystery to me. Melee on the horse is one of the most unreliable functions in all of BF1. Trade kills on horseback seems like a newer development, yet a step back in gameplay. This is simply lazy design

Why does pushing the respawn button immediately after death begin the countdown only to fail a moment later?

For an automatic weapon if you’re bringing up the weapon ADS and pull the trigger before it is ready why does it not fire when the weapon is finally available? Instead the weapon simply feels broken.

Hit detection is not any better in 1 year. In recent weeks I’ve fired shots at players who are prone within 5m of me and see no hit markers.

Takes 5 seconds to reload a K bullet. Really? This is why no one uses it.

Plane/Pilot

Pot shots from 500m+ from infantry weapons while in a plane are questionable. Is this even a realistic scenario for WW1 weaponry (serious question, I don’t know)? If so should it still be allowed? At what point does light weapon damage drop off? I’ve been 500-600m away and a random LMG causes damage and the repair cycle resets

Ceiling and borders of In the Name of the Tsar DLC maps are nearly unusable for planes. It’s almost impossible find areas outside of AAs and the long-range potshots from LMGs in which to repair.

AA Range vs map ceilings is still very poorly executed game-wide. AA range is still something like 350m so on Monte Grappa it’s impossible to get higher than some of the AAs because of the low map ceiling.

There is virtually no ability to maneuver out of an AA once caught in the range. This is still too strong. If I jump on to an AA I know there is a 99% chance I’ll shoot down every single plane in range. There isn't another weapon or vehicle with that success rate.

Plane repair time as it relates to current challenges that have incentives to shoot planes down now is imbalanced. If you can be damaged at 600m from infantry weapons then the repair cycle needs to be shortened

Spawning all vehicles in the same location in absolutely stupid and somehow the MO for every BF game. Why DICE why?? I’ve died many many times within a second or two of spawning in a tank from mines. And many deaths on top of that from an AA pointed at the spawn area for planes. Don’t forget the enemy planes that hover near spawn areas simply to shoot down recently spawned planes.

Resetting plane skins in every single map (sometimes multiple times in one match) got old after a month. It's downright neglectful that 1 year later you haven't fixed this.

Bayonet/Melee

Bayonet charge has been awful from day 1. Early on you could hit the bayonet charge button, set the controller down, have a snack, and let the animation find someone to kill. Now I can be in the motion and the bayonet literally touching an enemy and it fails to register a hit. Multiple times my character has run in place because an enemy was pushed up against a wall and therefore should be dead from bayonet but alas, it was broken upon launch and still doesn’t work properly. Another time my avatar literally ran through an enemy as if he were a ghost (I was immediately killed unsurprisingly). Stopping the bayonet charge is surprisingly difficult. I’ve pulled back and let go of the sticks altogether and the character still persists in the motion. Why does this happen?

The bayonet kill animation guarantees that if you perform it in a crowd you’ll be dead after finding a kill. It is again far too long. Also, why does bayonetting require that the avatar scream like he/she is jacked up on PCP?

In a common theme for nearly everything in BF1 the melee animation takes far too long. So, instead of being able to quickly melee 3 enemies that I’m lucky enough to stumble across the animation takes so long and makes so much noise that generally it’s hard to kill more than 1 enemy in this situation. Why would a soldier stab an enemy and THEN punch him in the face?

In addition, the melee dynamic is generally just glitchy. I’ve experienced many times that the melee motion continues on well after ceasing the action. On several occasions my character meleed twice after I let go of the sticks.

30 damage for a non-fatal melee is the worst. How is this defensible? It takes 4 melees from close range even on an unsuspecting enemy if you happen to miss the sweet spot.

I was once knifed in the face while as a sentry and it was a one-shot death (I had been at full health). I’ve knifed many a sentry in the face and always gotten zero damage. These sorts of inconsistencies are why this game seems unpolished. Also, once at full health as a flame trooper I was one-shot killed instantly by a spot flare from long range (60m+)

What is an appropriate level of time for a glitch to be known and not fixed? Like the start/xbox button in Operations glitch that lasted 2 months. 2 freaking months where if you pressed the start or xbox button after 1 round of Operations the game would glitch and you’d take a loss/death instantly. If I had to guess I’d say most users are engaged in this game for 6-9 months total. Which means 20-40% of their time in the game was met with a catastrophic flaw that ruined every other match. So….this is an acceptable rate, DICE?

There are far more game issues that I’ve encountered but I’m tired of doing a job I’m not being paid for. I’m not a dev or do QA but I am someone who pays attention to detail and can see when corners are cut. Inadequately testing/updating the game is your problem and the lack of additional revenue from me will also be your future problem.

His parents put up with that crap?
  • full951
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    you forgot to mention the heaviest aim assist ever and built in aim bot known as snap to target aim assist
  • magicmonkeys
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 13
    I was looking forward to hammering BF1 all weekend as I have the house to myself.
    But now I'm going to be playing that horrible jumping twitchy random cluster-fudge mess of Infinite Warfare because incredibly it's more polished and less frustrating than BF1.

Typing that has made me sick up a bit in my mouth.
  • lilkoolaidman93
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Most of this seems like nitpicking to me. No game is going to be perfect BUT the f***ing matchmaking/empty server BS is pissing me off. Maybe they should allow you to join a game at the end but just not penalize you for a loss, kind of like what COD does.
  • magicmonkeys
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No game is going to be perfect

Have you played BF1 recently?

A lot of it might be nit-picking but that quickly adds up to death by a thousand cuts.
    So much of it has been broken for sooooo long and should be quite easy to fix, the lack of communication grates with everybody and it feels like they don't test these updates at all before they send them out.

Joining a game at the end and getting a loss for it is probably the least frustrating thing about the game at the moment for me.

But not being able to spot properly or tell friendly from foe... For BF1 that's a breaker.
    Spawns, spawn map, spawn instant deaths, massive laughable aim-assist, these just irritate people.
    Everybody plays games to have fun or to compete (and have fun) - nobody plays games to be irritated.
  • redenya
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Kingwasp53 server ...custom game ...no AA no AR 50% spawn times on vehicles and spawn on squad leader only ..various maps and game types ... might turn on friendly fire as well ... no one joins because aa and Ar sweatys... but I have players intrested. . I'm renewing the rental tonight so on all weekend ... also kilowhisky platoon ( my platoon ) are recruiting squads and solo players that don't need a crutch .
  • WastlanderMerc
    full951 wrote: »
    you forgot to mention the heaviest aim assist ever and built in aim bot known as snap to target aim assist

Are u being sarcastic or serious dude?
  • Neildos
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just to be clear, I don't give two poops what other users think about any of this. This is for DICE, and that's it

FWIW, my copy of BF4 was glitched so that I could NEVER save progress in the single player game. No matter how many times I reset the game, uninstalled/reinstalled, or restarted. So, glitchy Battlefield games are a common theme for me. But paying for that nonsense is just not going to happen anymore.
  • WastlanderMerc
    Neildos wrote: »
    Just to be clear, I don't give two poops what other users think about any of this. This is for DICE, and that's it

FWIW, my copy of BF4 was glitched so that I could NEVER save progress in the single player game. No matter how many times I reset the game, uninstalled/reinstalled, or restarted. So, glitchy Battlefield games are a common theme for me. But paying for that nonsense is just not going to happen anymore.

Wellllll your on a forum dude, I'm pretty sure anyone employed by DICE isn't gonna be on here....so yeah.

Also what region are you in?....curious
  • moosehunter1969
    553 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    dialator71 wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more on the empty lobby comment. I have literally never gotten Domination to work with the "In the Name of the Tsar" expansion. Every time I try it puts me in the map by myself and no one ever joins. Ever. I've probably tried 15 time over the course of 6 weeks. It's never worked once. DICE - I'm going to quick match, choosing "Domination" and it does not work. Normally if I'm the only one in a lobby I get the "waiting for other players to join" message, but that never happens here. I simply get dropped into a map by myself. I don't typically have a ton of time to play, so losing 5 full minutes waiting for the game to load only to have this happen is absurd. Too bad I actually paid for the expansion pack.

Don’t use quickmatch. I always use the server browser. Last night for example I fancied domination on ITNOTT so using the server browser setting for just domination with populated servers it came up with 3, I joined one that was 23/24 players thus taking the last spot. Easy as, never had a problem finding the game type I want and a populated server for any of the DLC stuff.
    The OP also said all the ITNOTT maps suck????? Well I’ve no idea what on earth he wants from a multiplayer map because these maps are fantastic and all offer different things. I was a bit apprehensive about Galicia at first due to its apparent flatness but when you play it that exactly what it is “apparent”. There’s a ton of cover to be had and it really excels on Rush. Perhaps the OP should submit one of his own map designs to DICE because he must have some fantastic ideas.
  • CosmicStriker
    480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    wow thats a rant i did not read... hey anyone notice there was an update for the backwards compatible Battlefield 3 ?
  • lionking7001
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @Neildos Good post. Unfortunately I will agree with who said it that Dice won't read this. And if they do they will ignore it totally.

The worst thing for me is the time I will have to spend to get in to a balanced good game. Rarely less than half an hour, an if you have one hour to play it is 50% already gone.
    I don't know if it is because my level 120 or my win% of 80%, but if I join by quickplay I end up in impossible games 90% of the time. 30% less player in my team, less than 100 tickets left and a lead from the opponents with like 300 tickets.

Frustrating!
  • 6f0irri3497m
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Gotta give dice some credit.. Dealing with all the sniveling butt hurt people that play this game.
    Thanks Dev team.. Love the game. I myself waiting on the net dlc. See you guys on the field
  • moosehunter1969
    @Neildos Good post. Unfortunately I will agree with who said it that Dice won't read this. And if they do they will ignore it totally.

The worst thing for me is the time I will have to spend to get in to a balanced good game. Rarely less than half an hour, an if you have one hour to play it is 50% already gone.
    I don't know if it is because my level 120 or my win% of 80%, but if I join by quickplay I end up in impossible games 90% of the time. 30% less player in my team, less than 100 tickets left and a lead from the opponents with like 300 tickets.

Frustrating!

Stop using quickmatch it’s a waste of time. Join a populated server from the browser.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1016 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have had quickmatch games spawn my in lobbies of less than 10 and then they all leave.

Getting out of a game and getting into a game take way too long.

Spawn in the open and die is never good, it is almost as bad as spawning into a plane 1 second before it crashes.