In the Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha? If you're unable to see the forums, log out and log back in.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Translucent/Transparent spotting. Can’t tell difference between friendly and foe.

Comments

• misisipiRivrRat
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Maybe 3d spotting is a bad idea, there are times I wish it wasn't in the game. But before even a enemy wasn't spotted I could tell it was the enemy. You guys must have great eyesight.
    I'll adapt and get used to it but c'mon, who asked for this. I've been playing since bfbc2 and being able to tell whether or not a player was friend or foe was never an issue until now. But I'll give it time, maybe I'll end up liking this.
  • Mickachuu
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 13
    I don't understand this change at all.
    Never posted anything here before, I actually just signed in for the first time ever just to address this issue.

Personally I don't have THAT MUCH of a problem with it although it is fairly annoying, but I am a pretty experienced player.
    However I can understand how less experienced players struggle with this.

The change just feel completely unecessary and confusing...
    Where is the forum-thread that asked for this change? and for what reason was it changed?

Oh! one more thing, I see some people here in the thread talk about how its a good change and their main arguement seems to be that Battlefield players are spoiled...?
    This game is not like your typical FPS game, it's 32 vs 32 on huge landscapes with impressively detailed graphics, not 5 vs 5 on Dust_2 ( CS:GO )
    Having a proper ''spot mechanic'' is in my opinion, essential for this specific game.
  • NamelessForNow
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I just played and it's not that bad. It is a little more transparent. And I can spot enemies but not from as far away as I used to
  • cookieboy1
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Maybe 3d spotting is a bad idea, there are times I wish it wasn't in the game. But before even a enemy wasn't spotted I could tell it was the enemy. You guys must have great eyesight.
    I'll adapt and get used to it but c'mon, who asked for this. I've been playing since bfbc2 and being able to tell whether or not a player was friend or foe was never an issue until now. But I'll give it time, maybe I'll end up liking this.

Lol u knew who the enemy was because they don't have a blue icon above them.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    st00gah wrote: »
    poegle87 wrote: »
    Is this not a case of everyone has got too used to spotting and relying on a big bright icon above the enemy to track their movements? It's hard to see yes, but in my opinion it's better this way, the spotted person still has a fighting chance to slip away or get the jump.

This. People are really spoiled by stupid icons. Game is spoiled by it. "Hey look somone is running there! *Q Q Q Q Q Q Q* Oh yeah, it's the enemy! I "spotted" him" No you didn't, you just pressed stupid button asking game to identify your target for you. Not to mention situations where peopla are just shooting at icons because thet don't see anything else (i.e. in the fog). Congratulations. You don't need to know who it is, the game will display an icon for you... just shot at the red icon. Pathetic, stupid and really restricting the tactical play. Great for people mindlessly run'n'gunning, but iirc BF games were better than that. Yeah, I miss you bf2 and 2142.

3D spotting is one of the worst ideas in multiplayer shooters.

Can't disagree with this.

The icons as they are a clear enough for me without being distracting. To be honest, there were times where the icon is really clear but you can't see the enemy and that's a bit silly.

Did you look at my video above? Not trying to argue but I can honestly say I can't see the triangle above the players heads bythat bunker.
    I am colorblind so maybe that makes a difference? Went into settings and tried some different colorblind colors but they all look the same while playing.
  • gpkgpk
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Another near game-breaking feature NOONE wanted, plz revert asap.
    Did Jony Ive join DICE or something?
  • Phat_Helmet
    1808 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The September patch made the colors harder to differentiate, THIS patch made those almost impossible to see. Ooof.
  • HuwJarz
    1195 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Mceedj11 wrote: »
    Coming from a guy who has a 1.15 KD ratio. You’re one to talk about playng well in battlefield. Wow dude.

You don't know **** about Battlefield if your main focus is just KD

He seems to think that because he has flown a plane round bombing people a lot (inflating his precious K/D) that people won;tnotive his quite ordinary SPM and Infantry KD.

I noticed.

I also noticed that he thinks that because he is good at dropping bombs on infantry, that his opinion is more precious than others in the forum. Quite the opposite. I'm sure there are plenty of us here, (and I would suggest the majority of us here) that are not that interested in the opinions of the narcissistic few.

When he is not flying, he can probably be found looking in the mirror, or with tissue paper all over his belly.
  • I-Waterboy-I
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Seriously Dice? Why? Why the hell do you ruin the spotting mechanics even further? I can’t even tell the difference between friendly troops and foes from a distance anymore? What is wrong with you people? You didn’t put this in the patch note because you guys knew it was a bad idea but hey, it’s dice after all. 1 step forward 2 steps back. Bravo!

There trying to cater to the hardcore gamer
  • konfederat87
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Omg, some of you guys really think that defenitly broken mechanic is a 'good change'? Another bug-fixing patch with even more bugs, some stupid features wich no one was asking for, ridicilous assigments, many issues not fixed since launch and here we are, some hardcore funboys saying that is better than it was before. This is DICE and EA dream - screw something but people think its a good thing. Well done, marketing guinisses. I dont want to be a part of this any more, its time for Rainbow Six.
  • HuwJarz
    1195 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Omg, some of you guys really think that defenitly broken mechanic is a 'good change'? Another bug-fixing patch with even more bugs, some stupid features wich no one was asking for, ridicilous assigments, many issues not fixed since launch and here we are, some hardcore funboys saying that is better than it was before. This is DICE and EA dream - screw something but people think its a good thing. Well done, marketing guinisses. I dont want to be a part of this any more, its time for Rainbow Six.

Bye!!!
  • Mceedj11
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 13
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    Coming from a guy who has a 1.15 KD ratio. You’re one to talk about playng well in battlefield. Wow dude.

You don't know **** about Battlefield if your main focus is just KD

He seems to think that because he has flown a plane round bombing people a lot (inflating his precious K/D) that people won;tnotive his quite ordinary SPM and Infantry KD.

I noticed.

I also noticed that he thinks that because he is good at dropping bombs on infantry, that his opinion is more precious than others in the forum. Quite the opposite. I'm sure there are plenty of us here, (and I would suggest the majority of us here) that are not that interested in the opinions of the narcissistic few.

When he is not flying, he can probably be found looking in the mirror, or with tissue paper all over his belly.

Omg, you noticed??? Did you also notice that you spent too much time researching my profile. Wow. Stay on the subject please.
  • captinsmooth
    1694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It’s great having friendly planes and tanks attacking you now all the time. Really adds an authentic confusion to the game......
  • Paselli
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Needs to be changed back the way it was.
  • Rev0verDrive
    5904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hmmmm sounds like you have to immerse yourself a bit more into the game. Don't rely on the colored halo designating targets. Take notice of faction uniforms and the like. Kinda the norm play for HC players.

Just be thankful they didn't turn on Friendly fire.
  • Jinko_itx
    175 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Today I have updated and tried to play.
    I had significantly problems with recognizing teammates and enemies.
    3d spotting icons become useless.
    I didn't enjoyed the game at all, it was awful experience.
    Hope developers will fix this problem otherwise I am quit.

P.S. I am not a native in English. Hope it is not an issue, I've tried to explain the problem clearly

you did good don't feel bad, there are quite a few people here in the U.S. that are from South America that are too ignorant to even know a little bit of English, we have to figure out what they are saying, so I have much respect for you
  • Al-Qadhafi-TR
    11 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 13
    2 updates ago we had very good red colour tags on enemies. this was reported all over the forums before and (ingame chat where 80% of the players report and complain) . This new update ignored all reports.

How stupid half team is shooting friendly fire at my plane. Why not spare the **** and remove spotting from the game?
  • dh3lix-Pooch
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    AFAIK the HUD Icons for friendlies are faded with the distance - to me it seems like DICE changed the "maximium fade or minimum opacity" now to a higher level - rendering icons on a larger distance totaly useless. They allready changed it in the update before a bit that then in was not that scary bad. Planes in the sky are generally now totally not recognizeable anymore if they are friendly or not. Same for infanterie or tanks on distance. IMHO this should be fixed fast - best thing would be a more detailed config option in the settings for us players. Or wel .... play domination or TDM all the time so you are in close quaters then the icons are nearby anway ^^

Funfact: If you dont want spotting simply go to hardcore mode without spotting and your done? Or am i wrong here ? ^^