Your K/D and why it is largely irrelevant to this message board

Astr0damus
1457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Man every thread today is people comparing K/D and urging people to check their profiles.
There is a specific reason stat-bashing is not acceptable. It's because it is irrelevant to the current conversation.

You know the first things that go through my mind when I see someone with a 5.0 K/D?
-Cheater
-Booster
-Hacker
-Sniper
-Camper
-Armor-horse (can't use the real word)
-Pilot

I'm 100% NEVER impressed by a high K/D.
Yes I know there are some people who are just really good players (and are not cheaters nor campers), but there are too many factors that go into a person's K/D which make it highly irrelevant.

I will elaborate if necessary... But I will just leave it with the following four thoughts:
  • -Your K/D is directly affected by the Medic with the lopsided K/D (If his wasn't so bad, yours would not be nearly so good)
  • -If you use Aim Assist And/Or Auto-Rotation (Slow Down) then you can't compare with someone who does not.
  • -And if you use PC (Mouse and Keyboard) with it's lightning fast physics-defying turning, then you can't compare your K/D to someone who plays on console.
  • -If you play only certain modes like Rush or Supply Drop and never play the objective, but simply farm those who do, then you cannot compare your K/D with someone who plays various game modes and actually does PTFO.

So the bottom line is that I'm more impressed by your Mario Kart stats (Especially if you can beat Toad with Wario on the rainbow circuit).

If people use this thread to talk about their own stats, then I hope the Moderators will just lock it down.
There is a bumper-sticker that is very prevalent here in Colorado and it says "Nobody cares you're from Cali bro. "

blogbeaver.jpg

..and likewise, no one cares about your K/D bro

Comments

• Astr0damus
    1457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Not angry :)
    (But I must have struck a nerve with you)
  • mihai2011rom
    792 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
  • UltimateWeapon24
    41 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    None sense poopy pants if your on ps4 add me I can be a good team mate and stay alive doing it my psn is tacticalstrategies thank you and good bye
  • MayorMarionBarry
    1352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    None sense poopy pants if your on ps4 add me I can be a good team mate and stay alive doing it my psn is tacticalstrategies thank you and good bye

I know you are but what am I.
  • dj4047
    310 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I agree with the OP. I mean I try to do as good as I possibly can but im not the type to paste a link to my battlefield tracker in every comment I make. Im proud of my KD but I dont feel the need to brag or have people tell me how good I am.
  • Mickachuu
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree with you Astr0damus, props for well made topic thread!

On a side note: after wandering around here on the forums for abit, seeing this type of behaviour, I have noticed that most people who brag about their K/D reside somewhere between 2-3 K/D and a somewhat poor Score/min, which is not even impressive.

Please, lay off with the monkey mentality and try to make valid arguements instead, as suggested by Astr0damus above.
    Thanks!
  • boutneus
    1694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    lol sounds like an excuse 2 suck on the bf. Btw I don't care if your KD is high or low
  • KorpusDraige
    2034 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    Korpus, you are misunderstanding my comments. K/D may be important to some people, I won't argue that point.. but what I'm saying is that K/D doesn't make someone's comments regarding the Fedorov (for example) either more important, or less important. An argument should stand or fall on it's own merit, not because of the poster's K/D ratio.

It's as if people are saying: "Gas grenades are better than frag grenades and my K/D is 7.0 so I think I know what I'm talking about."
    Or the reverse:
    "You said the Fedorov was OP, but you have a crap K/D so what would you know about a weapon being OP or not?"
    It makes no sense and is just an excuse for people to whip out their stats to massage their own egos.

And as I have pointed out before:
    A Medic can go 10-18 K/D and yet he revived 25 teammates (including the guy with the 25-10 K/D five times!) so the medic is actually +17 on tickets, but the 25-10 guy is only +15 in tickets, and let's not forget that he would have been 25-15 if not for the medic that he is making fun of later on the message boards. So really the 25-10 guy would have only been +10 in tickets if not for the medic who was +17 (which is better for the team). Also, you cannot even quantify how many heals he gave the 25-10 guy (and 35 other players) which allowed him to stay alive even more! Let's assume for this discussion that he kept him alive with health crates at least 3 times, or else he really would have been 25-18 (not a superhero like he thought afterall).
    Understand this concept: He was not as good as the Medic who went 10-18.
    But people--even on this thread-- want to whip out their K/D as some badge of honor, and quite frankly, I get tired of seeing their e-weinies. They don't comprehend simple math (they probably also run Aim Assist but don't want it to be shown in the Kill-Cam, which is my suggestion).

Thanks for your civil comments though--at least you don't link to your stats in your sig.. oh wait, yes you do. B)

Oh, I wasn't debating against your comments (it's why I didn't quote :p ). I was just putting my two cents in, of what I think with the whole K/D issue.

Yeah, it's why K/D doesn't matter as much for infantry rather than vehicles (can't get revived in a vehicle- obviously), you can play with someone and get revived for days.

A little off topic, but on BF4, I've ran into a guy who has a 16 k/d. He basically sits in the back of the map with a sniper or his MAA with passive radar. However, these sort of players are no good to their team being back that far. What happens when he meets someone who plays their role efficiently? He went negative. It's all about who you're playing against/with on if your K/D can stack high or low.

I link my stats not to show off, but to show I know what I am talking about when it comes to certain things (air, though I play a lot of ground too).
  • TheGM86
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    giphy.gif
    The stuff people with bad k/ds come up with. If they gave as much effort at being unbad as as making horsepuckey like OP here, they might have a positive k/d.
  • Astr0damus
    Ameeba, you sounded like Sean Connery just now!
    sean-connery-the-rock-200x300.jpg
  • Astr0damus
    edited October 13
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    The stuff people with bad k/ds come up with. If they gave as much effort at being unbad as as making horsepuckey like OP here, they might have a positive k/d.

If you don't understand the math, it's ok, I can run through it again. Just let me know.
    PS: I've probably also revived you a dozen times as well.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!