In the Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha? If you're unable to see the forums, log out and log back in.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Your K/D and why it is largely irrelevant to this message board

Comments

• okachuka
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    robmcewen wrote: »
    Who has the highest K/D does seem to be a way of winning an argument of the forum. There was a medic who was in the same match as me on 40 player operation .......(give me a moment please)....who had an great score but with a low K/D, he got the a well deserved MVP ribbon by playing his/her class and capping flags. I would rather have that player on my team than that guy in an artillery truck padding there K/D.

Yes, always nice to have players like that on the same side or even on the enemy side, who concentrates only into the game itself, playing his/her class, doing everything for the team. Same here, players who only go for the k/d by camping in a tank game after game, literally are the worst players in the game, because they have to know that they dont stand a chance at danger zones (flags), so they protect their stats, out of the gaming area i would say ;)
  • von_Campenstein
    2639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    But but but, you know how hard I've worked to improve mine!?!
  • RudeAwakeningEh
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 13
    KD is important in determining a players skill when used in combination with other statistics.

A person who is very accurate overall, has a high kill per minute along with a good KD is a good player. I'm speaking about infantry combated specifically.
    Score per minute isnt the greatest since different game modes score differently.

Other factors like team play should be taken into consideration which don't fall into a hard statistic.
  • IllIllIII
    3183 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    I don’t understand the point of this thread seeing as I have yet to read any posts today about stat bragging and putting down lesser players opinions due to being not as good. Calling out people is fine and dandy on the forums but K/D does matter from a gameplay sense and I would hope most people understand why. I post my stats in my signature so people can’t call me on anything it’s a highly transparent thing to do.

About stat bragging...
    I have never seen a btr signature link with low or mediocre stats ;)
  • ProLegion_exor
    2034 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    I don’t understand the point of this thread seeing as I have yet to read any posts today about stat bragging and putting down lesser players opinions due to being not as good. Calling out people is fine and dandy on the forums but K/D does matter from a gameplay sense and I would hope most people understand why. I post my stats in my signature so people can’t call me on anything it’s a highly transparent thing to do.

About stat bragging...
    I have never seen a btr signature link with low or mediocre stats ;)

Haha, that's so true!
  • PNS_SHOGUN
    44 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Better to have it and not brag about it than not have it and make salty threads about it.
  • Head3masher
    347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Stopped worrying about K:D ages ago. Tho my early games with this I was getting wrecked, slowly have been improving the score.
  • UltimateWeapon24
    22 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have a 15 kd worship me now dammit
  • APBT
    691 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I agree. I don't even look at stats, other than to see what weapon I want to try and rank up.

Just know your role and PTO.
  • Head3masher
    347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Not going to lie though, dying over and over in a match is pretty annoying when you don't get many kills.
  • Astr0damus
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 13

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1027657/#Comment_1027657

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1027428/#Comment_1027428
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1027441/#Comment_1027441

There was at least one other thread with the same sort of banter in it, which I cannot find now.
  • trm6
    144 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I like kills per game. Kills are good. Kills ftw. Kills per minute. Kills per second. Kills per millisecond. More killing. All about killing.
  • Djoenz
    710 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1027657/#Comment_1027657

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1027428/#Comment_1027428
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1027441/#Comment_1027441

Anything else you need?
    There was at least one other thread with the same sort of banter in it, which I cannot find now.

That guy is kinda okay in my opinion. That dude with the 1k service stars now he is a hoot! Not even bans and suspensions can steer him away from the forums. The urge to gloat and boast is too strong!
  • von_Campenstein
    2639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    KD is important in determining a players skill when used in combination with other statistics.

A person who is very accurate overall, has a high kill per minute along with a good KD is a good player. I'm speaking about infantry combated specifically.
    Score per minute isnt the greatest since different game modes score differently.

Other factors like team play should be taken into consideration which don't fall into a hard statistic.

I prefer to pick fights between objectives, these don't score very high, if I'm fighting on the objective I was too late.
  • -Antares65z
    329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Why do so many people care about trying to impress people in the virtual world? You'll never meet the vast majority of them. You see people bailing off near the end of the round to preserve their K/D, while giving up the points they earned. Who cares, just play and have fun and quit trying to impress the virtual world. Nobody really cares.
  • DukeSan27
    514 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    But but, I have just one question - What is OPs KD?
  • Astr0damus
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 13
    DukeSan27 wrote: »

Why is that important to you?
    That is the exact opposite of what this thread was for. Apparently you are still missing the point.
    You are subtly insinuating that my point of view is null if I have a low K/D.
    Also, you probably want people to search your name and see your stats.
    It's psychology 101... when people say "Ew look how fat he is!" what they are really saying is "Look at me, I'm not fat".

Edit: I also find it very interesting that you don't care to know how many codices I've unlocked, or how many messages I've written on War Pigeons. You also don't seem to care how many campers I've trolled with Limpets and Dynamite.
  • -Antares65z
    329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    DukeSan27 wrote: »

Why is that important to you?
    That is the exact opposite of what this thread was for. Apparently you are still missing the point.
    You are subtly insinuating that my point of view is null if I have a low K/D.
    Also, you probably want people to search your name and see your stats.
    It's psychology 101... when people say "Ew look how fat he is!" what they are really saying is "Look at me, I'm not fat".

All of this can really be summed up in one word - Adolescence. They'll never get your point even though it's valid.