In the Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha? If you're unable to see the forums, log out and log back in.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Translucent/Transparent spotting. Can’t tell difference between friendly and foe.

Comments

• poegle87
    82 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    After playing last night I actually like the way the icon are at the moment, it makes sense to me. Now I haven't played many BF titles, so I can see why people are frustrated it's changed, but surely an icon that fades the farther away the person is makes sense. The only thing that I think needs adjusting is the friendly icons, they should be full opacity so you can actually see where you team mates are, and prevent them from wasting bullets shooting you. I had a lot of team mates shooting my plane rather than enemies as they were confused thinking I was an enemy plane.
  • smart2705
    1720 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    After playing with it for one evening I got used to it. It was'n that dramatic of a change that I thought it would be lol
  • GoofyMC123
    863 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Guess ill have to just play support if i load the game up again...... gonna need plenty of bullets by the sounds of things :D
  • Jayremie570
    888 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Mceedj11 wrote: »
    Mceedj11 wrote: »

Coming from a guy who has a 1.15 KD ratio. You’re one to talk about playng well in battlefield. Wow dude.

The fact you're even bringing K/D to the table speaks volumes. Been around since BF1942 came out, don't really care about K/D as long as the play is good, but you wouldn't know...

I’m sure lol. Here you go.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/psn/Mceedj11

Well that backfired on you. Your infantry kd is basically the same as his.
  • BrianLocal1
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    yeah I was shooting my teamates because you have to know the uniforms to figure it out.
  • olavafar
    774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I don't understand what people write about here. I have no problem what so ever with this. I'm color blind so I use the protanopia setting and for me it works well. Now of course other color blind people might have troubles (the amount of color blindness differ between color blind people and also the color perception itself differ.) but if you see colors it's strange if you have an issue. I'd take a look at my settings. Can of course also be a monitor thing... If you are on console, well you have aim assist so I recon you do not need to see anything in the first place ;) .
  • Xant0r
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This has to be a bug, considering the opacity change means player icons are basicly invisible on winter maps, even at quite close range. If not, i suggest the DICE game designers redo their "Meaningfull Game Design 101" class.

The change has also completely disconnected the air game from the ground game, since pilots cannot tell if the ppl they are moving in on are friend or foe. Essentially this changes BF1 into alot of segmented arenas within a map (who said CoD?),

Disconnected, segmented gameplay (with a pinch of frustration when shooting friendlies) does not result in particularly fun gameplay. I gave it a try for 3-4 hours last night, and found it significantly less entertaining. I might still play it in this form, but certainly not as much.

It has been confirmed as bug in the BFTracker see here: https://www.bftracker.com/view.php?id=4593

I would assume it was unintentional and not done as a balancing feature for the upcoming TTK patch like some are mentioning.
  • APBT
    691 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's a crappy update and have been shooting at teammates all my time on yesterday.. This update is not cool at all.
  • CS-2107
    509 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I don't like the new washed icons too. Sometimes you can't even tell the difference between friendly and enemy icon and start to shoot your teammates...
  • Djoenz
    710 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    According to a DICE developer on twitch last night he doesn't even know if this is a bug or a change in mechanics lol.

You always seem to be well informed on the forums. I have to commend you for that. I call BS. He is probably like uhm (we screwed the pooch) let's pretend we did this by mistake lmao.
  • smart2705
    1720 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 13
    I actually like this more and more. It brings the combat closer.
    People who will have problems adapting are those long range slr abusers no one likes.
    The real problem here seems to be that most guys with color blindness are suffering the most.

• bran1986
    2805 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Djoenz wrote: »
    According to a DICE developer on twitch last night he doesn't even know if this is a bug or a change in mechanics lol.

You always seem to be well informed on the forums. I have to commend you for that. I call BS. He is probably like uhm (we screwed the pooch) let's pretend we did this by mistake lmao.

Thank you and yeah I didn't buy it either lol.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm not having too many issues with infantry play, but vehicle play is getting frustrating. I have to keep telling people in the chat to stop firing on friendly tanks or aircraft. Due to the uniform vehicle selection in this game, this spotting issue is made even worse; at least in BF4, if you saw a tank from a different faction, you could generally regard it as an enemy tank, but in BF1, you can't tell if that heavy tank in the distance is on your team or not.
  • RichyRanger
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    yeah, what happend with the spotting, now it's useless. :-(
    Can be tricky somtimes to know if you are aiming on an enemy or a friend.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Suppose it's better that he doesn't know than boasting about it being a new 'step forward' in the game we're lumbered with, for the rest of it's lifecycle. Haha
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This post is a year old :S
  • KebabiMeister
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ploodovic wrote: »
    Does anyone know the actual reason why this was changed?

To work better with HDR, which they added in the September patch? I don’t have HDR, so it’s just speculation from my part. Can anyone playing with HDR say if it’s fine, or hard to see there as well.

It’s definitely harder to tell enemies apart from friendlies, on long ranges, but still absolutely playable, even with my old, imperfect eyes.

Playing with HDR and it's almost impossible to differentiate friend or foe. Will try switching off chromatic thingamajig later.