DICE why not just remove the Sniper class altogether?

Persep0lis
56 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited October 2017
I mean at this point with the pending buff this game is becoming more arcadey by each update.

It is not surprising that this update comes around the same time as the launch of COD WW2. Its like DICE created bf1 to be more like COD than follow the roots of its franchise.

Players complaining its to hard to kill people? Well DICE says don't worry I will make it even easier like it is in COD.

I really don't understand why Snipers need to continuously get shafted both by long TTK, terrible new guns, perks to negate sniper tools, and obviously inconsistent hit detection really rears its ugly head when your firing a one shot rifle.

Before anyone makes assumptions, I'm a PTFO aggressive sniper carrying a 3.35 KD and 1850 SPM, so I'm not a hill humper sniper. I like playing sniper for the challenge, but this is getting a bit ridiculous.

At some point you need to stop helping the guys who can't aim and need to spray 30 bullets to drop a enemy.

Most people probably support this update but that is because they can't kill snipers or continuously get killed by snipers.

Sniper class does require skill belive it or not. Hitting a moving target with this abomination of a netcode requires skill, if it didn't then maybe there would be more snipers with positive KD's. I don't see a lot especially on close quarter maps.

Comments

• urban2544
    357 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Much agreed. I as well am a PTFO sniper. i find great skill and concentration invoved and i like the struggle of maintaining the cover while watching those heads pop. I find it quite odd that i can shoot someone from about 10' away with and scout gun when the approach to have no effect, but they can easily take me down with 2 pistol shots from twice the distance. Its one of those hard to understand moments that players need to live with i guess.
  • GRADO7
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree. Start a petition. Remove snipers. We will finally have nice to play matches. It's a class only good at breaking the game flow. No sniper servers? Paradise.
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Everyone loves an aggressive sniper, so well done on that. A decent sniper is a massive boost to a good squad.

The challenge as I see it, is making sure the the game plays well. I see lots of layers running in straight lines between objectives and getting salty about getting sniped all the time. However, there are some maps whether the sweet spot mechanism makes certain maps;

1. Hard to navigate about - Galicia, Mt Grappa, FAO Empires Edge, Sinai
    2. Sniping has become all to prevalent. Last night I was playing a game on Mt Grappa. ute squad is aggressive and successful. We do not lose many games, but we lost a game 1000-450. Less than halfway though the game, we counted on the 22 snipers win our team of 32, with 8 of them camped on the hill between C&E. We had no soul in our squad so 22 out of 27 were sniping.

The sniping must be too easy if it encourages this behaviour? I don't want limits. I want people to WANT to play other classes.
  • ssolrik
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Dice should make a sniper map like those old ones on counter strike. :P
  • NoamChomskyRules
    54 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed..remove the sniper class. It destroys the flow of the game.
  • urban2544
    357 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remove snipers? LOL good god here we go again. The same could be said about every other class out there. Heres something ....its called sniper...which means they are going to be out in the distance. The role of a sniper/scout is mostly defensive. At least thats how i play it. The type of map matters little actually to the classes. Scouts are seen in all maps , they are a part of the mechanics of war. Now i do understand when you have those that simply just sit there and watch flags drop and dont move in, i hate those myself. But to group all together and state "remove the class" is simply dumb. Its not about the class you are, but about how u play the class. What about camping tanks, medics that dont revive, support that dont supply. , etc....but nothing is really said about those. How frustrating is it when your game is being dominated and you find your tanks squatting on a hill and never moving in....but thats ok lets jump on the scout class. I guess i just hate it when people prejudge and assume everyone does as you said.... which is not true. Some of us (like myself) can be a scout and still place in the top 5 with points, but no one praises anyone when they do, but the quickly bash you when you dont.....Same ole argument...
  • Tullzter
    1075 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    urban2544 wrote: »
    Remove snipers? LOL good god here we go again. .

Please read carefully what OP wrote..he's not bashing the scout class, on the contrary
  • Persep0lis
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    Everyone loves an aggressive sniper, so well done on that. A decent sniper is a massive boost to a good squad.

The challenge as I see it, is making sure the the game plays well. I see lots of layers running in straight lines between objectives and getting salty about getting sniped all the time. However, there are some maps whether the sweet spot mechanism makes certain maps;

1. Hard to navigate about - Galicia, Mt Grappa, FAO Empires Edge, Sinai
    2. Sniping has become all to prevalent. Last night I was playing a game on Mt Grappa. ute squad is aggressive and successful. We do not lose many games, but we lost a game 1000-450. Less than halfway though the game, we counted on the 22 snipers win our team of 32, with 8 of them camped on the hill between C&E. We had no soul in our squad so 22 out of 27 were sniping.

The sniping must be too easy if it encourages this behaviour? I don't want limits. I want people to WANT to play other classes.

The problem is you are punishing a class for what players do. That to me is not fair. Whose to say those 22 other players wouldn't use planes, tanks, or another class? Whose to say they wouldnt just leave?

Last I checked blowouts happen, they happened in the sniper friendly BF4 and happen in any FPS. Sometimes when blowouts happen players decide to just goof off and play a class they might not play all the time.

If we are going to punish players we should also punish the assault class for players always using either hellriegel or automatico. I mean seriously come on folks.

A good sniper is a massive boost to the team, I am a UAV for my team with constant spotting and flares being sent out on key objectives. I would like to think I make players around me that much better by giving them more awareness to enemy movements. Not to mention taking out a significant amount of enemies during an enemy counter attack keeps momentum on our side.

DICE is making it clear they want an arcadey FPS and not a balanced battlefield game.
  • ahxe45
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Remove snipers? LOL good god here we go again. The same could be said about every other class out there. Heres something ....its called sniper...which means they are going to be out in the distance. The role of a sniper/scout is mostly defensive. At least thats how i play it. The type of map matters little actually to the classes. Scouts are seen in all maps , they are a part of the mechanics of war. Now i do understand when you have those that simply just sit there and watch flags drop and dont move in, i hate those myself. But to group all together and state "remove the class" is simply dumb. Its not about the class you are, but about how u play the class. What about camping tanks, medics that dont revive, support that dont supply. , etc....but nothing is really said about those. How frustrating is it when your game is being dominated and you find your tanks squatting on a hill and never moving in....but thats ok lets jump on the scout class. I guess i just hate it when people prejudge and assume everyone does as you said.... which is not true. Some of us (like myself) can be a scout and still place in the top 5 with points, but no one praises anyone when they do, but the quickly bash you when you dont.....Same ole argument...

re-read the original post and then delete your post
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Persep0lis wrote: »
    The problem is you are punishing a class for what players do. That to me is not fair. Whose to say those 22 other players wouldn't use planes, tanks, or another class? Whose to say they wouldnt just leave?

Last I checked blowouts happen, they happened in the sniper friendly BF4 and happen in any FPS. Sometimes when blowouts happen players decide to just goof off and play a class they might not play all the time.

If we are going to punish players we should also punish the assault class for players always using either hellriegel or automatico. I mean seriously come on folks.

A good sniper is a massive boost to the team, I am a UAV for my team with constant spotting and flares being sent out on key objectives. I would like to think I make players around me that much better by giving them more awareness to enemy movements. Not to mention taking out a significant amount of enemies during an enemy counter attack keeps momentum on our side.

DICE is making it clear they want an arcadey FPS and not a balanced battlefield game.

That is well put and I agree with a lot of what you say. There is no easy solution. I made a post a long time ago to try to address the issue by proxy. Let me state it again.

My principle was to encourage more snipers to PTFO to at least get closer to the action. The principle is to reward the PTFO guys, without creatingzerging, and effectively pushing the hill jumpers down the leaderboard.

My ideas was that each flag actually has two capture zones. A primary zone (as now) and a secondary, much wider zone. Imagine two rings around the flag.

The flag capture for your squad does not start until you have players in the primary zone and it works as it does now.
    The secondary zone will also enable your team, to capture the flag, but only of you have at least 2 squad mates in the primary zone. Let's not argue over the number, I'm talking principles.
    These players get say 0.5x capture points, but all players (primary and secondary) get an additional kill bonus for any players they take out whilst a squad order (ATTACK AND DEFEND) is one place for the objective.

This element is important, because it rewards defending and it mans that people that do the killing get better rewarded than those that just go round and capture flags in a zerg.

I think this would encourage the support and scout guys to help the guys in the capture zone more and push the true hill supers further down the leaderboard.

I know that someone will say that people will still do what they want, and that is true to an extent. But I believe in incentives and even f it made 20% of players do more PTFO then we would all have a better game. For those that do. Compare you gameplay kindly in the FF server provided by @Ben8D8over vs general pub gameplay. If it was even 20% closer to that, wouldn't we all have a better time?

Id really welcome feedback on this. I'm not precious about the idea. I like the debate. As long as people are respectful! ;-)
  • urban2544
    Tullzter wrote: »
    Remove snipers? LOL good god here we go again. .

Please read carefully what OP wrote..he's not bashing the scout class, on the contrary

My comment was in response to this "Agreed..remove the sniper class. It destroys the flow of the game. "
  • jamiestar79
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Some really good points on here.

"I'm a PTFO aggressive sniper carrying a 3.35 KD and 1850 SPM"

Like it.

Where do you get these stats from? I can't find mine.
  • Ronin9572
    815 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Persep0lis wrote: »
    I mean at this point with the pending buff this game is becoming more arcadey by each update.

It is not surprising that this update comes around the same time as the launch of COD WW2. Its like DICE created bf1 to be more like COD than follow the roots of its franchise.

Players complaining its to hard to kill people? Well DICE says don't worry I will make it even easier like it is in COD.

I really don't understand why Snipers need to continuously get shafted both by long TTK, terrible new guns, perks to negate sniper tools, and obviously inconsistent hit detection really rears its ugly head when your firing a one shot rifle.

Before anyone makes assumptions, I'm a PTFO aggressive sniper carrying a 3.35 KD and 1850 SPM, so I'm not a hill humper sniper. I like playing sniper for the challenge, but this is getting a bit ridiculous.

At some point you need to stop helping the guys who can't aim and need to spray 30 bullets to drop a enemy.

Most people probably support this update but that is because they can't kill snipers or continuously get killed by snipers.

Sniper class does require skill belive it or not. Hitting a moving target with this abomination of a netcode requires skill, if it didn't then maybe there would be more snipers with positive KD's. I don't see a lot especially on close quarter maps.

I'm not down with this possible update either. Ppl think it's going to be a great thing, but I believe it's going to push even more ppl away from the game. Hell a majority of players are experiencing this 1 hit kill bug (or whatever) as it is, what's going to happen when they buff the guns. There are so many issues in this game that need to be addressed and fixed and this is EA/DICE's fix? This will just be a huge bug ridden smoke screen.
  • Ronin9572

Like it.

Battlefieldtracker and bf1stats.com are the 2 I use
  • RudeAwakeningEh
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not seeing it, the sniper rifle got a HUGE buff in this iteration of battlefield while every other kit was significantly nerfed.

BF3/BF4 sniping comparatively was significantly worse while being surrounded by assault, engineer, and support players with more powerful and more accurate guns. I still enjoyed sniping in those games.
    Slower bullet velocity, More relevant bullet drop, and the only sweet spot was a headshot.

I'm not seeing the issue, the gun play is much slower in BF1 and I think speeding it up a little is a good idea.
    BF1's gun play is much sloppier than I'm used to from a battlefield title.
  • LeesSummit09
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's good you are an aggressive sniper, but 90%(that figure could be low), are not. I like when majority of snipers are on other team because that means our team will move to objectives. Just finished a game of frontlines. At some points we had 10 snipers, none of them near the objective and game was over quickly. They had a tank go 25-0 because could not get anyone to help take it out. But, hey, the snipers went 6-1, so they were happy.
  • jamiestar79
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ronin9572 wrote: »

Like it.

Sweet, thanks, man!

• Ronin9572
    Ronin9572 wrote: »

Like it.

Sweet, thanks, man!

Hey NP, glad to help out!
  • b2tchwood
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    I think it waits to be seen what the buffs do
  • Chillmatik_86
    2369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @HuwJarz i like that PTFO enhancing idea, tho', i for one couldn't care less for stats, i'm happy when in an immersive game where both teams ptfo, like the Empires Edge match BTS vs. ACES on FF hangout, rounds like that are unfortunately not the standard.
    I personally wouldn't change the way i play simply because my stats would benefit by doing so (compared to those who don't ptfo), and i still think hillhumpers keep on hillhumping.

I remeber, back in CoD Ghosts, one of the initial pro's to that game, was a gamemode called: Cranked, where the initial idea was to keep moving, one had to get a kill before the countdown reached 0:00 otherwise you'd die.
    Somehow, implementing a feature like this, in maybe a slightly different Conquest mode would be interesting. Give any player a countdown, to either Cap or Defend objectives, or preform their chosen class role propper, and basicly stay on the move.
    Especially those staying in spawnsector tanks need to be adressed.
    That might ban campers, and actually promotes ptfo i think...