Cavalryman class Secretly Nerfed???

Vulcantorix
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Im a pretty avid cavalry class user in BF1 when i play and ever since this most recent patch ive noticed that the cavalry man is NOWHERE near as durable/tanky as they were prior to it. The notes mention no changes to their hp pool or armor value, yet i feel the cavalry man is easier to kill now than a common class soldier... ive recorded multiple instances since the patch where ive been killed from full hp with a few handgun shots, a mere burst from a helreigel or lmg and even 1 shot by sniper rifles non headshot hits a few times now with full hp as the cavalryman. Something with the coding definitely got tweaked in this recent patch whether accidental or intentional but its not even worth playing as cavalry atm you just get obliterated.

Comments

• magicmonkeys
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I noticed that I've been shooting them off of their horses quite easily recently, loads of times I've taken them out with one sniper shot followed by a couple of pistol shots. I wasn't sure if they were weaker, if other people were hitting them too, or if I've just gotten better at it.

I'm glad either way, they're a pain in the A and deserve to be an easy target.
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    they made it so if you dismount you lose the armor buff.
  • Vulcantorix
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That makes no sense lol, im on a horse! Im have "bodyarmor" i jumped off my horse im still wearing that same bodyarmor but now its useless lol... they really need to stop changing things that arent broken and actually work on the things that are like their net code, or tanks quick repair feature.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I noticed that I've been shooting them off of their horses quite easily recently, loads of times I've taken them out with one sniper shot followed by a couple of pistol shots. I wasn't sure if they were weaker, if other people were hitting them too, or if I've just gotten better at it.

I'm glad either way, they're a pain in the A and deserve to be an easy target.

Why do they deserve to be an easy target? Why shouldn't they be represented and useful in the game?
  • magicmonkeys
    edited October 2017
    Gforce81 wrote: »

Why do they deserve to be an easy target? Why shouldn't they be represented and useful in the game?

Because it's a horse.

They're still useful, it just seems a bit easier to kill the man on the back now.
    Like I said, maybe it's just that my aim has improved.
    Either way, I'm glad because cavalry was a pain in my butt.
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That makes no sense lol, im on a horse! Im have "bodyarmor" i jumped off my horse im still wearing that same bodyarmor but now its useless lol... they really need to stop changing things that arent broken and actually work on the things that are like their net code, or tanks quick repair feature.

I'd like to to see a 10 or 15 % top speed nerf while on foot and keep the armor. like you said , dude is still wearing the armor. the could at least make it magically fall off his body when dismounted
  • The_Jurica
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've stopped picking cavalry since last patch. Before the patch if I magically missed with the sword while on the horse I would get off and shoot the person and usually get the kill. Now I will swing at them, somehow miss, get off, then die in what seems almost instant. Especially is there is more than one of them. I wouldn't care about the nerf if the horse graphics/gameplay actually made sense. But riding through people and missing then dying is pretty useless now.
  • V2Face
    2688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    9/10 players who complained about Calvary before the patch were trash players.
  • magicmonkeys
    full951 wrote: »

I'd like to to see a 10 or 15 % top speed nerf while on foot and keep the armor.

That's a great idea.
  • magicmonkeys
    edited October 2017
    V2Face wrote: »
    9/10 players who complained about Calvary before the patch were trash players.

10/10 players who complain about Calvary are either deeply religious or need a spellcheck.