LAGGING, SCREEN FREEZE, FRAME DROPPING, PARTY CHAT BROKEN? HERE'S THE FIX

WarningNote1
13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited October 2017
Since the last update it's unplayable, I have no issues with any other games apps or internet connections using other devices (Ipad, IPhone, mobile phone) My party hear me talking all broken up and laggy, I can hear them only when I get killed or when I'm in the menus, I'm using an Xbox One S but I have used my sons Standard Xbox one which doesn't have any problems. I have done the following:

1: Rejoined game & party.
2: Restarted console doing a 'Hard reset'.
3: Reset/Powered off the original Sky router.
4: Uninstalled the entire game and all DLC and game saves.
5: Completely reset Xbox console to new, deleting games, profiles and apps.
6: I even went as far as to have my ISP (SKY) send out a new router which made no difference.

I know that may sound a bit OTT but I play Battlefield 99% of the time so this is infuriating.

This is the current situation.

No more lag, no more frame drops, no rubber banding and chat working well. I ended up having to change my ISP as my annual contract was running out so I went from SKY to Virgin which meant I went from 30 mbps with SKY to 110 mbps for less £££. This however didn't fix the issue at all. So I unenrolled from xbox preview programme alpha ring, this took about 4 days to be approved for some reason and I had to reinstall all users profiles again on the console as it wipes them out and all settings too. Now BF1 works like a dream. I know that the preview programme came with a warning saying may cause some bugs but this was a tramps vest full of them. If in doubt try it out.

Hopefully this helps others who have been unable to play properly.

Peace out,
Gaz B)

Comments

• nickking360
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'll never understand it but, lore has it that capital letters hurt people's Internet ears or eyes, possibly thier feelings. I really couldn't say. I mean its obvious to me you had an awesome revelation and just really wanna share it. but for obscure and irrelevant reasons imo, it's like you're yelling to their face. thru letters, that make no noise, or prompt their device to make any sound. in fact I think it's just in their head.
  • WarningNote1
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Yes I did Nick, It's an awesome system our home can now run two xbox's and Ipad streaming netfix three smart phones connect to network and a 4k connected smart tv all without a hiccup, Virgin can provide 110meg 100% of the time in my area, I am one happy camper if you'll excuse the pun. ;)
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    you did lots of steps. I would think the top two significant moves you made were

1. exiting the preview program. seems issues like you describe and the preview program are related. just can't prove it
    2. resetting the console to factory
  • WarningNote1
    full951 wrote: »
    you did lots of steps. I would think the top two significant moves you made were

1. exiting the preview program. seems issues like you describe and the preview program are related. just can't prove it
    2. resetting the console to factory

SORRY ABOUT THE SHOUTING

But seriously, I did try and play the game after each of the steps I took as a process of elimination and only the removal of the Preview Prog' made a difference.