Aim Assist Tweaking development - good news!

2»

Comments

• b2tchwood
    1087 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Chrsdxn666 wrote: »
    Brand new here. First post. I haven't played a first person shooter (or video game for that matter) since the first Halo and without the assist I'd probably have quit a long time ago. I still WICKED SUCK but I love the game. I may be a noob, but I like to play too. Some day I'd like to turn it off but even with it I'm not very good. I love the game, I still think I need it and I'm still an easy kill noob. Maybe a better/ different matchmaking system, I don't know. Everywhere I look people complain about it but we're not all hardcore gamers. Believe me, even with it I'm an easy kill.
    When I started I was a 0.5 kills to death ratio holding up the scoreboard at the bottom I plain sucked at this game but it’s a very different story these days,l. I’m not a hardcore gamer either, you just learn and get better.
  • jamiestar79
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I can't even find the settings to turn this on/off. Has it been removed?

You can find aim assist settings in the "gameplay" settings tab rather than the controllers menu, for some reason.

There are two.
    Aim assist slowdown and aim assist auto rotation.

Great - thanks a lot! Now switched off.
  • FF_smart27
    2000 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    Brand new here. First post. I haven't played a first person shooter (or video game for that matter) since the first Halo and without the assist I'd probably have quit a long time ago. I still WICKED SUCK but I love the game. I may be a noob, but I like to play too. Some day I'd like to turn it off but even with it I'm not very good. I love the game, I still think I need it and I'm still an easy kill noob. Maybe a better/ different matchmaking system, I don't know. Everywhere I look people complain about it but we're not all hardcore gamers. Believe me, even with it I'm an easy kill.

Well, obviously there is a reason it's in the game and also on most console fp shooters. And that surely is not to get hardcore players frustrated.
    I have mine off but to be honest it doesn't make a big difference in my game. I'm still getting smacked around all the time one way or another lol
  • llIBertIll
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

@Chrsdxn666 welcome to BF1. This is my first FPS as well and I love it too. I started with a KD of around 0.3 as I had no idea lol. There are some great threads on here with awesome advice to help you get better. Also check out guys on YouTube like TheBrokenMachine....he is on ps4 and has some great vids on settings, aiming etc as well as just watching him play will help.
    But as far as AR goes your aim will improve quicker if you turn it off. Took me ages to learn this.
    AR off servers are the best in terms of gameplay but are hard to find.
    My Quick top tips
    -Learn the maps so you can flank/take less travelled paths/anticipate enemy mvmt/learn campers and ambushes spots etc
    -Take your time/don’t sprint everywhere
    - Play your class and have fun!!!!!
  • Daallaass09
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    1 year later and now they want to have a look at it lol champions all of them.
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

well a new bf is out next year, or gotta look like good guy DICE, that listens to their community and cares, only to release a new game undoing everything again, and the great circle of life continues at DICE
  • sfreeman73
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

well a new bf is out next year, or gotta look like good guy DICE, that listens to their community and cares, only to release a new game undoing everything again, and the great circle of life continues at DICE

In one way you're right there have been a lot of bugs and problems that have surfaced that having now been fixed should not appear in the next BF title but they will. Not because they can't be bothered but because a lot of the code has been written a long time ago some of it even before bf1 was released so I don't expect most of the issues unique to BF1 to be corrected but what I can see is the fixes that came to BF4 to be included
  • WetFishDB
    2377 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    b2tchwood wrote: »
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    b2tchwood wrote: »
    Well at least this means the end of OHK sniper strafe or a much reduced version of it at least.

Woody,

Please explain exactly what you mean by that.....

At the minute a result of AR is that as a sniper you can continuously strafe a corner and QS with almost perfect accuracy and strafe back to cover with little your enemy can do to counter.

Gotcha. Thanks. I best get my sniping level 50 done then asap.....before they nerf it. I am a truly terrible scout.

I believe at the moment there is a single box for, and infantry weapons snap to centre of that mass (the chest), which in the sweet spot for infantry snipers is a OHK. In the future there will be more boxes, perhaps for limbs etc, and it'll snap to the nearest box, which may well be an arm etc, and therefore not necessarily a OHK even in sweetspot range.