Anti-Air, just a simple question...

BlackBurka
42 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
A forever problem for every pilot, the ultra-overpowered Anti-Air Flak gun.. That thing bumps me out of the sky in just 3 / 4 seconds when suddenly shooting. But there is more to the topic, because there are also Mobile Anti-Air vehicles.. Myself being a (good) pilot most of the time, I CAN counter a stationairy AA 8/10 (You just need to know where it stands and act accordingly) But the driving Mobile AA's are a headache, just a moving AA that wrecks you at any range no problem.

Don't ban the Anti-Air. A good pilot can turn the tides too much.
Nerf the stationary Anti-Air. The TTK of AA's is out of this world.

BAN the MOBILE PACKAGE for the trucks, it makes no sense for either party. AA Trucks don't play Objectives, and absolute WIPE the sky without problems. Positioned good; and no Assault cant grab them, no-one can.

End of story; what do you guys think?

Comments

• Tullzter
    1072 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    if it exists (in WW1) then it fits. sorry
  • II-Katyusha-II
    1168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Oh goody, another "AA is op plz nerf/remove from game" thread~
  • BlackBurka
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You have any normal feedback?
  • II-Katyusha-II
    1168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think it's perfectly fine as it currently is.
  • GRADO7
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The big problem is that it is too easy and rewarding to camp with a tank or AA in this game. The second problem is that your teammates will always ignore an AA camping somewhere and covering 90% of the map simply because it is not harming them. Players are very stupid and they do not understand how useful is to have air superiority. I have seen tanks just passing by the AA and not engaging. They do not care going all the way at such low speed, or running in the middle of nothing to take care of it.

Map design is flawed. Teamplay mechanics are flawed.

Anyway try to look at the positive side. As long as there is a camping dumbtard with an AA, there is a tank less on the ground harming your team.
  • GRADO7
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Seems you never met a mobile AA in the middle of Sinai Desert, in the gardens of Ballroom (or between A and B, covering up to D), in the field around A in Empire, covering up to F. The same for other big maps. More than half of the map is interdicted. And at this point dogfight is a challenge as it risk endind in the interdicted zone. Moreover they can push forward all of a sudden, covering 90% of the map and the run back in case of danger.
    I do not see why it should have so much range compared to a regular AA.
    This is stupid.
  • b2tchwood
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry buddy but I think it’s really well balanced. I mean really, what is there to threaten planes?.... Other planes, and if one side has far superior air then the other team is screwed. So anti air is the only thing available. The only thing is that as infantry you are incredibly vulnerable to everything whilst on a AA gun, shooting one of those is like a flashing beacon above your head for “kill me”. So my answer is play smart, avoid them or destroy them, very few supports fix them once destroyed.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    b2tchwood wrote: »
    Sorry buddy but I think it’s really well balanced. I mean really, what is there to threaten planes?.... Other planes, and if one side has far superior air then the other team is screwed. So anti air is the only thing available. The only thing is that as infantry you are incredibly vulnerable to everything whilst on a AA gun, shooting one of those is like a flashing beacon above your head for “kill me”. So my answer is play smart, avoid them or destroy them, very few supports fix them once destroyed.

I agree. Also AA is stationary so I suggest one knows where they are so they can be avoided. They are really only effective in closer ranges....not to mention very easy to destroy.
  • MaintainedR4ge
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No I think the AA is fine the way it is.
  • abc1434286920
    447 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I am fine with the AA as is (gosh poor infantry needs some protection and means of possible retaliation) what I have a beef with is AA artytrucks sitting outside the map.
    Best tactic most of the times is just avoid them and let them get their 7-0 in 20-30 mins of playtime...
  • ahxe45
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I am fine with the AA as is (gosh poor infantry needs some protection and means of possible retaliation) what I have a beef with is AA artytrucks sitting outside the map.
    Best tactic most of the times is just avoid them and let them get their 7-0 in 20-30 mins of playtime...

Artillery trucks sitting out of bounds is even worse when they are on your team wasting a perfectly good vehicle that could be used to push the objective. I wish somehow and I know this probably is not feasible but if you sit out of bounds for X amount of time you blow up or something or get penalized. I know people would quickly find a work around but still its really annoying.
  • DankDope99
    541 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BlackBurka wrote: »
    You have any normal feedback?

That is normal feedback for this topic
  • Jayremie570
    1639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRADO7 wrote: »
    Seems you never met a mobile AA in the middle of Sinai Desert, in the gardens of Ballroom (or between A and B, covering up to D), in the field around A in Empire, covering up to F. The same for other big maps. More than half of the map is interdicted. And at this point dogfight is a challenge as it risk endind in the interdicted zone. Moreover they can push forward all of a sudden, covering 90% of the map and the run back in case of danger.
    This is stupid.

Not just the middle of Sinai. We had a an enemy take an AA truck to the f spawn and when you spawned a plane you were gone in 4 seconds

He got a few then like 8 guys spawned assault and finally got him.
  • abc1434286920
    447 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRADO7 wrote: »
    This is stupid.

Not just the middle of Sinai. We had a an enemy take an AA truck to the f spawn and when you spawned a plane you were gone in 4 seconds

He got a few then like 8 guys spawned assault and finally got him.

I don't mind if he is camping near my base, I consider that fair game and it will actually put me on a mission to destroy the truck no matter how many times I try (and I will most likely teabag, even at my age). I actually enjoy hunting them down.

Problem is when you can't reach them as they are camping their base where you can't reach due to deserting...

• kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No I think the AA is fine the way it is.

It is fine. It really is only devastating if your infantry ignores them. They are easy targets to ground troops, but there are times when then enemy is on 2 or 3 for most the match. This is when they are frustrating.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1822 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    you'll be glad to hear, that in the cte, the assault class now has access to a flak air burst rocket launcher that can 3 bang planes

have fun

LOL... nextime someone claims historical accurate I will hit them with a wet newspaper...
  • full951
    2405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    the only time I've seen a pilot change the tide is when they tank bust. and I rarely see that.