I’m addicted to trying to find the best class and weapon, need help

xqflint
3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Although it might sound stupid, I’m serious.
I’m addicted to changing classes and weapons all the time, trying to find a good combination.
This is my first time playing FPS on console and I can’t seem to enjoy the game, as 99% of the time I’m trying to understand how each weapon and class work, reading the forums for that magical tip that will guide me to the best setup.
Does anyone have the same problem? How do you get rid of it?
Thanks.

Comments

• INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2017
    the BAR storm, most fun gun in the game, use the anti air iron sights, combo with limpet charge to take out vehicle and building campers, incendiary grenades to stop vehicles repairing, block flank routes, use ammo crates to get grenades back and resupply team

all other guns are boring, or just spam and abuse the aim assist with shotguns or infantry rifles like most of the bf1 player base
  • xqflint
    edited October 2017
    What I have been using:
    Support:
    - Bar Storm (using all bullets to kill one person, dying too much)
    - Mg15 storm (weak)
    Medic:
    - Autoloading factory and extended
    - Mondragon (why no one likes the Mondragon?)
    Scout:
    - Vetterli

Issue is, when you start reading the forums you get paranoid.
    I seem to die too easy with my medic choices. I don’t see the purpose in using Fedorov as its not as good as a close range LMG/SMG and its not good at long range either.
    Playing as a scout gets old too fast. After trying other classes I’m actually starting to hate scouts.
    Support.. I don’t know if it’s worth playing as a support. Looks like their guns are weaker than the rest.
    Assault, trying it now.. doing good so far, but still paranoid about all the choices and etc.

• VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the BAR storm, most fun gun in the game, use the anti air iron sights, combo with limpet charge to take out vehicle and building campers, incendiary grenades to stop vehicles repairing, block flank routes, use ammo crates to get grenades back and resupply team

all other guns are boring, or just spam and abuse the aim assist with shotguns or infantry rifles like most of the bf1 player base

This 100%
  • DankDope99
    541 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    xqflint wrote: »
    What I have been using:
    Support:
    - Mg15 storm (weak)
    Medic:
    Scout:
    - Vetterli

I seem to die too easy with my medic choices. I don’t see the purpose in using Fedorov as its not as good as a close range LMG/SMG and its not good at long range either.
    Playing as a scout gets old too fast. After trying other classes I’m actually starting to hate scouts.
    Support.. I don’t know if it’s worth playing as a support. Looks like their guns are weaker than the rest.
    Assault, trying it now.. doing good so far, but still paranoid about all the choices and etc.

I hate the Vetterli personally. I like the mosin but I've read many people don't like it
  • Tullzter
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hellriegel...nah i'm joking.

the best weapon of the game, like it or not though is the MP18 for the assault. i love it, it plays well and shoots well. couple that with DynOmite and you've got yourself a winning recipe
  • llIBertIll
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What I have been using:
    Support:
    - Mg15 storm (weak)
    Medic:
    Scout:
    - Vetterli

I find it really depends on two things:
    1) your play style.
    2) the map

I main support and can’t help myself. I play too close on the objective so get beaten by shotguns, automatico etc, sniped on objective by snipers etc. but that’s life on the battlefield. have been doing a lot better up close with the MG14. On maps that generally have longer engagement distances the perino is great.
    When I play medic my go too now is the Federov optical. Love this gun....great up close and tap fire at distance
    On a side note...BAR storm is awesome, just a pity my aim isn’t so doesn’t suit me lol

You will find what suits you
  • fisknyllet17
    1754 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DankDope99 wrote: »
    What I have been using:
    Support:
    - Mg15 storm (weak)
    Medic:
    Scout:
    - Vetterli

I hate the Vetterli personally. I like the mosin but I've read many people don't like it
    *gasps in shock* take that back! The Vetterli is the love of my life!
  • DankDope99
    541 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    DankDope99 wrote: »
    What I have been using:
    Support:
    - Mg15 storm (weak)
    Medic:
    Scout:
    - Vetterli

*gasps in shock* take that back! The Vetterli is the love of my life!

Lol I gave it a try, I'm sure I could get used to it I just prefer that mosin
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Change that BAR to MG14, then you have a point ;)
  • WetFishDB
    2377 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The right class depends on your play style. And most classes have weapons that can flex their engagement ranges.

I like playing the objective - often too aggressively, so that's the basis of my recommendations below...

Agree with the other comments here that the BAR is an awesome gun for Support. Reasonable at CQC, but not bad at medium distance, and limpet is my gadget of choice too - its just too good for people camping in a building. You should be able to kill 2 people with a magazine if you have reasonable aim. I play this class mostly for medals, or if my team is short of an ammo guy.

That said, I tend to main medic. As a medic you are soo valuable for the team - helping heal and revive team mates (which reduces ticket bleed), plus you can heal yourself - which means you can get back into the action quicker. Guns there are a little hit an miss, and depends on your aim and play style. Federov is good in both variants. Selbstlader M1916 (or RSC for sitting back a bit more) is good for ranged combat. My personal favourite is the M1907 Factory (one of the most overlooked primaries IMHO). I regularly top the leaderboard (or get close) since picking it up. You can kill a sentry with a single magazine if your aim is on point. Its brutal.

Assault I tend to use when the enemy team seems to have lots of vehicles causing problems. This class is great for playing the objective, as the guns are mostly CQC related. The Hellriegel is, unfortunately good in lots of scenarios and is thus one of the most overused guns in the game. I personally like the Automatico Storm, which is amazing up close, although you are gonna lose out on any mid range encounters really.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Although it might sound stupid, I’m serious.
    I’m addicted to changing classes and weapons all the time, trying to find a good combination.
    This is my first time playing FPS on console and I can’t seem to enjoy the game, as 99% of the time I’m trying to understand how each weapon and class work, reading the forums for that magical tip that will guide me to the best setup.
    Does anyone have the same problem? How do you get rid of it?
    Thanks.

First thing you will have to stop stressing about finding the right setup, because I guess you get easy pushed into situations which you are bound to Loose...

Instead... Try to be versatile and try to get 4 setup which you are really comfortable with. Here are my suggestions:

1) Assault... MP18 w/ tankgrenades & AT-rockets... Be smart & dont attack tonks head on... You will Loose 9/10 times... Use flankroutes... Spawn on gimmeflags and use u´r time to flank into the back of an enemy attack...

2) Medic.... SL1908 Sweeper with medpacks & syringe. Stay close to teammates and revive like there is no tomorrow. There is really nothing else to it...

3) Support... Madsen Low Weight... Once you get used to that odd mag on top of the weapon this is really a versatile LMG which is overlooked by the community... Use ammocrates and the FRG-launcher to clear out builiding and oncoming enemies.

4) Scout... SMLE infantry w/spotflares & tripmines. Get into the action... Watch some "aggressive scout" clips on "The Tube" and get inspired on how to use this class upclose & personal.... You will probably die a lot... But the satisfaction in holding your ground with a sniperrifle is too damn good...!

Last but not least.... ENJOY yourself and the game... There are no real life-awards waiting for you once you get to rank120 with a 3.5 K/D-ration !
  • fisknyllet17
    1754 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Or you could do what I do op, bring every primary up to 500 kills - the old mastery level of bf3 and bf4 - just for the challenge. Knowing that you just bested somebody who are using the "best" setup with something inferior is a great feeling.
  • xqflint
    I really appreciate all the comments and will try all the suggestions that were / will be presented.
    Just by looking at all the answers and how people prefer different weapons, it’s clear that it’s a matter of getting used to something and becoming good at it.
    I like the aggressive Scout l, for example, but am a bit sad that Martini is being overused and that I know that you don’t even have to aim to get a kill. Just spot the enemy and quick scope will do the rest.
    Between Martini, Vetterli and now Mosin Marksman I’ve been able to get some very good scores and helped when PTO.
    As a Support I agree with those who said you need average aiming to benefit from BAR.
    Maybe if I had better aiming I wouldn’t have so much trouble picking a weapon.
    What about the differences between Sweeper and Fedorov?
    And what are you favorite mid range rifles for medics?
  • WetFishDB
    2377 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What about the differences between Sweeper and Fedorov?
    And what are you favorite mid range rifles for medics?

For detailed differences, this site is good for showing the stats. Put simply they are very similar. The federov has a higher fire rate and bigger magazine, but does less damage per shot.

For mid range, the Selbstlader M1916 is pretty reasonable - 3 hit kill at any range and a big enough magazine that the odd missed shot doesn't matter so much. RSC is 2 hit kill up to about 47m, but much smaller magazine.

• Prep768
    3479 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You'll find here a lot of opinions, based on experiences from 100's and 1000's of hours of game play and what works for each individual player and their play style.

I started with support and scoped weapons. Benet-mercie shoots straight but the chauchat is less accurate although still beastly - I never really got on with the BAR (go figure). Parrabellum is lethal but unpredictable, peroni reminds me of the Benet-mercie. Ammo - standard - although the crate is more useful atm resupply in nades. Limpet or mortar depending on the situation

Assault's taboo is the helly - go try a different weapon 100 star lads eh? I can't get on with the automatico but have 75 stars with the MP18 Trench. Rocket gun/mines for open quarters, dynamite/nades for cqc. Shotgun scrub? M97 backboard is useful.

Scout is also a slightly taboo subject what with AR but I don't have much time in this class (flare/periscope - hint, hint) Gewehr M97, Viterlli

I've recently been spending time as medic. Cei-rigotti I hated when I first used but now is my go to. Selbslader optical for open spaces (never got on with mondragon tbh). Federov is decent cqc - don't think it's the best setup but I always run syringe/med crate.

Tldr? find what suits you and as was mentioned before, you will lose in certain situations

Have fun, ptfo, ttfn
  • xBigOrangeHeadx
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    My advice, since you're new, is to pick a class, pick a weapon and stick with it for quite a while. Jumping around the kits all the time is resetting your muscle memory and experience. You want to settle into a gun and role so that you "just do it". That'll free your mind up for focusing on situational awareness and the flow of the game.

What game mode do you play? 64 man Conquest is pretty unforgiving when you're new. Rush or Frontlines where the action has a more obvious focus point might help you get to grips with things without so much chaos around you.
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »

Change that BAR to MG14, then you have a point ;)

I prefer the meta of the bar, the play style u have to use to be the most effective with the gun, since you have to constantly reload, to have to adjust how you approach situation

but Yeh mg14 is an OK gun
  • BlackBurka
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Assault: MP18 / Automatico / maybe a shotgun thats suits you

Medic: Federov / 8.25 Extended

Support: Benciet Storm / BAR - People saying it takes a whole magazine to kill a enemy > equip a Ammo bag...

Scout - Just dont play scout, seriously

All gadgets you take with you are situational, keep in mind whats going on in the Battlefield and equip whatever floats the boat!

End of story

• RudeAwakeningEh
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    Depends on your playstyle. The medic and support kit have vastely different guns depending on if you prefer to be in close quarters or father back.

Support
    The BAR and parsbellum for CQB
    MG14 better suited to mid range and many of the slower firing LMG's fall into this category as well.

Medic
    -CQB the autoloader .25 and federov are easy to use and effective.
    -The five shot SLR's like the autoloader .35 favor skilled one on one enocuters in CQB. They're more high risk/reward guns that require more tactics and effective use of sidearms.
    -monodragon, sleb 1917 are better suited to mid range. If you are accurate and lengthen your engagement distances you can do some real damage with these guns.

Assault, the automatico is the most effective in close, while the MP18 gives you more recoil control and stability.

Medic, the SMLE is probably the most well rounded sniper, and beyond that it's a game of what suits your preference. I like the M95 because it's consistent.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just try all the weapons you can, what works for some may not be for you. This is my kits
    Assault- MP18 Trench or Optical are both good options. Automatico and Hellriegel are two of the most commonly used weapons. Shotguns are each individuals preference A10 Hunter is a beast but I prefer the M97 Backbored.
    Medic- Has probably they widest range of all the classes, some close and some far weapons. Auto Loading 8.35 Extended is a good option so to the 1907 Sweeper. Also Marksman and sniper variants of red longer range engagements.
    Support- In my opinion the BAR storm is the best although it low ammo counted causes almost constant reloading. MG15 low weight or even suppressive our good aswell.
    Scout- SMLE Marksman is a decent one so two is the gewehr 98. Personally I usually use whatever i feel like. Martini Henry is great fun to use.
    There’s DLC guns as well and there hit and miss. For me the Fedorov Avtimat for the Medic is awesome.