State of the Game - Help DICE Prioritize!

Comments

• Pabodie1931
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm a fan of DICE but the state of the game at the moment is not acceptable.

I was one of those gamers that would play every day, not all the time but a couple of rounds of conquest after work but now I can't be bothered.

Going to stick with Rocket League for the next couple of weeks to see if they sort out this mess.
  • beetroot888
    768 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Some of us paid full price for this and your ripping us off with how lame this game has become. Your the best advertisment cod could ever ask for. Your game going down the crapper right as they release their newest game. Good job idiots
  • MA5TERD4VE
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Indigownd wrote: »
    Everyone,
    It's been a while since we did this, but here we go again. I'd like to ask you, the community, what you think we should prioritize our efforts on.
    What features would you like to see added, improved, removed or changed?
    We do have our internal list of priorities, but I am sure we're missing some things. Help us make the game even better!
    Please be as constructive as possible in your feedback, and try to avoid writing walls of text or post videos (the quicker to read, the better).
    I know there are a lot of you out there with a passion for competitive gaming. There is no reason to post anything about that aspect of Battlefield here or now. A time and place for that will come soon.
    Thanks for being awesome!
    Jojje "Indigow(n)d" Dalunde

Hey guys great game, been a fan since Bad Company and staying strong, my only peeve is the support class, it seems like its so underpowered and easily killed by any other class.

Mainly I guess the reason being that most other classes have lesser powered weapons, the lmg's in this game somewhat underpowered, the realism is not on par but the experience is second to none.

But why is it that a player can just shoot me with his gun and kill me in two shots but the supports class needs to unload most of the clip?
    If we are keeping it real then we all know the answer to that, in the Vietnam war most enemies looked for the man, carrying the Browning LMG simply because they knew it to be a bigger threat so doesn't that mean that it should be the same here? The support class is most definitely the heavy gunman and his armor should be tougher and his gun should be deadlier, just an observation.

Now most players would comment that I'm just whining but this is not the case because we are talking about realism not me trying to be the winner in any match or looking for the devs to give us an edge, it just plain logic.
  • MA5TERD4VE
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I was one of those gamers that would play every day, not all the time but a couple of rounds of conquest after work but now I can't be bothered.

Going to stick with Rocket League for the next couple of weeks to see if they sort out this mess.

Blame the evil corp named EA!!
  • magicmonkeys
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2017
    Some of us paid full price for this and your ripping us off with how lame this game has become. Your the best advertisment cod could ever ask for. Your game going down the crapper right as they release their newest game. Good job idiots

I cancelled my pre-order of CoD WW2 as the beta was horrible and I was really enjoying BF1 at the time and was playing it every day.

Then the Tsar update came and my BF1 time declined quite rapidly because it started to suck, then the next update pretty much crushed any fun out of BF1 completely and I've not really put the game on since (maybe 10 games total).

I've gone back to Infinite Warfare. Everything about IW works better than BF1 at the moment.
    Today I re-pre-ordered CoD WW2.
    I feel sick.
  • TG_JAZZY
    1096 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MA5TERD4VE wrote: »

Blame the evil corp named EA!!

Iv been in the same boat, im exclusive to battlefield, I always have been but im due for a break for abit.
    I wish the game had some form of progression system.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2017
    The game still plays like a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, fix something cosmetic.

Game population down by 25% in the last month overall, 33% on PC.
    Post edited by von_Campenstein on
  • doctim2
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Everyone,
    It's been a while since we did this, but here we go again. I'd like to ask you, the community, what you think we should prioritize our efforts on.
    We do have our internal list of priorities, but I am sure we're missing some things. Help us make the game even better!
    Please be as constructive as possible in your feedback, and try to avoid writing walls of text or post videos (the quicker to read, the better).
    I know there are a lot of you out there with a passion for competitive gaming. There is no reason to post anything about that aspect of Battlefield here or now. A time and place for that will come soon.

Hey guys great game, been a fan since Bad Company and staying strong, my only peeve is the support class, it seems like its so underpowered and easily killed by any other class.

Mainly I guess the reason being that most other classes have lesser powered weapons, the lmg's in this game somewhat underpowered, the realism is not on par but the experience is second to none.

But why is it that a player can just shoot me with his gun and kill me in two shots but the supports class needs to unload most of the clip?
    If we are keeping it real then we all know the answer to that, in the Vietnam war most enemies looked for the man, carrying the Browning LMG simply because they knew it to be a bigger threat so doesn't that mean that it should be the same here? The support class is most definitely the heavy gunman and his armor should be tougher and his gun should be deadlier, just an observation.

Now most players would comment that I'm just whining but this is not the case because we are talking about realism not me trying to be the winner in any match or looking for the devs to give us an edge, it just plain logic.

I agree with you on this. I love the support class, but the lack of suppression effect and the relatively underpowered guns don't make much sense. LMG bullets are larger and hit harder, and this should be reflected in the game mechanics in both suppression and damage.
  • beetroot888
    768 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    doctim2 wrote: »
    Everyone,

I agree with you on this. I love the support class, but the lack of suppression effect and the relatively underpowered guns don't make much sense. LMG bullets are larger and hit harder, and this should be reflected in the game mechanics in both suppression and damage.

Not sure where you guys play but I get killed more by support lately than any other class. Suppression is out of control
  • Beerburp
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hey!

When the squad leader highlights a flag, it should be marked with the name of the squad for other squad leaders to see.
    So if i am a squadleader i can see the focus of other squads. Example defending/attacking B. This way i and other squad leaders can do a strategic decision. The mark could be the name of the squad, ex Bravo (attacking)/(defending).

Thanks for the best Battlefield experience so far! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Awesome! :)
    Go for ww2 next time!

Peace

• KopaTropa123
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I know that it is being worked on but the auto-aim snap to target one shot kill with bolt actions is what ruins the game for me. This encoureges people to play sniper class and pitch tents, which is opposite of DICE's intent of squad based play. I only play hard core servers that have this auto-aim turned off. The snap box currently used is way too large and DICE should implement jjju's suggestion on reddit, or better yet remove it entirely.
  • Mrs_Ragdoll
    274 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Beerburp wrote: »
    Hey!

When the squad leader highlights a flag, it should be marked with the name of the squad for other squad leaders to see.
    So if i am a squadleader i can see the focus of other squads. Example defending/attacking B. This way i and other squad leaders can do a strategic decision. The mark could be the name of the squad, ex Bravo (attacking)/(defending).

Thanks for the best Battlefield experience so far! **** Awesome! :)
    Go for ww2 next time!

Peace

That's a very good idea, I would like to see that as well! :)
  • Mrs_Ragdoll
    274 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2017
    btw. I've heard they are going to give the scout 2 Tripwire bombs??? Why increase it only from 75 to 85 first a while ago and then suddenly give next patch an extra Tripwire bomb.... Everyone will going to place them together so you will always have instant full hit kills......
  • burr383
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I played all of bf games, I started playing DUNE with a x486 , In other games bf3 4, these
    service assignments were attached to team effort. there were objects as a team. these individual
    assignments set things up for no game strategy, everyone one is on their own, assignments to me
    that are just crazy and forget about the game only care about assignments. if you have a slow
    DSL or some servers do not allow items to be used you'll have problems.
    I like the maps except for the Russian map in which I try not to play.
    Its just my own idea of game play. I was more happy with bf4.
  • MA5TERD4VE
    I know that it is being worked on but the auto-aim snap to target one shot kill with bolt actions is what ruins the game for me. This encoureges people to play sniper class and pitch tents, which is opposite of DICE's intent of squad based play. I only play hard core servers that have this auto-aim turned off. The snap box currently used is way too large and DICE should implement jjju's suggestion on reddit, or better yet remove it entirely.

I would like to see a Vietnam version, since the last one on BF3 was not so good but it had its fun parts.
  • DankDope99
    541 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    btw. I've heard they are going to give the scout 2 Tripwire bombs??? Why increase it only from 75 to 85 first a while ago and then suddenly give next patch an extra Tripwire bomb.... Everyone will going to place them together so you will always have instant full hit kills......

The incindiary tripwires used to be that way. They took it down to one about a month or so in
  • defcon_hostile
    489 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The game still plays like a ****, fix something cosmetic.

Game population down by 25% in the last month overall, 33% on PC.

See, this is what we have been saying all along... Declining playerbase because somebody can't get their act together, only nobody important reads these pages.
    How the official forum, where people take the time to describe issues carefully, plays second fiddle to reddit, a site that makes your eyes bleed, chock full of one liners, gifs & swearing, I will never know.
    Played a little CoD Ghosts this week; mark of a good game - new players still joining that community... Will people still be playing BF1 in 3 or 4years, I wonder...
    This is a travesty & somebody (probably a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯-kicker from EA Commercial Dept) ought to get fired.
  • Mar_Schultz
    90 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well...

First of all, reward 300 scraps for each medal a player earns.

Rewarding XP is pointless because you hardly use it for anything after level 10 and it gives no impetus to replay the medal challenges.

If people could buy more battlepacks from earning medals, the replay value of the whole game would rise dramatically.

Second of all, make Cavalry great again.

Removing Cavalry armor on foot and giving bonus armor to anyone riding the horse pretty much killed the class. You might aswell just spawn empty horses like motorcycles and cars rather than give then a mediocre spawn kit.

Instead of removing Cavalry armor, you should have given a speed penalty to riders off their horses to balance their toughness.

The Cavalry kit also needs new weapons and perks to compensate for normal classes getting a truckload of those.

Give a 12G and a MP-18 for close to mid-range horse back hit-and-run attacks. Also, let the player choose any of the multi-class perks to compliment his/her playstyle.
  • Instrumedley2016
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    does DICE even read this? It doesn't feel like. The problems this game have today seem major and that should have been fixed long time ago. Instead they focused on modifying weapons and stuffs. Here are some of them:

- quitting the game takes forever and most of the times like in operations it doesn't quit...it loads a new operation. It is ridiculous that this is still like this
    - joining friends on a server is completely broken. Sometimes it doesn't show you the options to join a friend or it says "game not found". And then...5 of my friends playing there and I can't join. Got some scrims ruined with my platoon because of it
    - team balancing is also ridiculous. Sometimes I'm in games where we have more than 7 players more than the other team
    - getting constantly disconnected from servers
  • Peter328i
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would like to see the cavalry class have it's armour bonus back when dismounted. And it would be nice to have a Tank Hunter Elite class available on the Suez map.
This discussion has been closed.